Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renie69

Suggested regiments for using while on Retin a?

Currently, I wash with Aveeno Ultra Calming foaming cleanser, both night & morning. My moisturizer is Purpose with SPF. At night, I wash with the Aveeno again, apply my eye cream and neck cream and 'rest' for a while before applying the Retin A. I don't apply anything AFTER the Retin A.

Several years ago I had good results with the Murad line. It has salicylic acid, as well as some other acids in both the cleanser and the toner. Would this be a bad idea to use right now while I am on the Retin A?

I am 39 and all about the benefits of RetinA & alphahydroxies, both for the acne situation and for general aging skin issues.

Any suggestions or comments? Been using Proactiv for a while....not doing anything as far as I can tell.

btw....aside from a stray whitehead here & there, I mainly have painful, cystic acne concentrated around my chin & lower jaw.

Thanks.

My derm told me to wash with salicylic acid before i apply the retin a....and told me to use BP in the morning. you cant use anything with BP in it before you put retin a on b/c apparently BP inactivates retin a. I would say as long as your skin tolerates it, there should be no problem adding to your regimen