Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyanon_girlx

Body acne scars have ruined me.

I posted this under the 'scar treatment' forum too, but I figured maybe you guys could relate better.

Body acne scars are completely ruining my life. I used to love warm weather but now I'm afraid of it because I can't wear anything cute because the majority of cute tops are back revealing. I have a ton of brown marks all over the upper part of my back, and recently I've gotten them in my cleavage. Gross. I haven't been anywhere in a bathing suit since June of 2006. It's now almost April 2009. I'll be on Facebook looking at pictures of friends at the beach, or winter formal, or prom, and it just KILLS me. I'm so scared because prom is coming up in about four weeks and I'm debating whether or not I should go because I'm so afraid. I haven't been to a single dance since high school started because of this. I could go and leave my hair down and that would help some but I'd still be SO paranoid the whole night that someone would see. I wouldn't have much fun. Please help me, this has destroyed me and I feel it's even worse because I'm a girl. I mean I see guys with body acne as normal because well, they're guys. And me being a girl, I'm supposed to be pretty and sophisticated and whatnot but instead, I have this disgusting monster ruining me. For gym, I change in the bathroom stall instead of the locker room like other normal girls and I turn down any offers to go shopping with friends because I KNOW they'll want to go try on dresses for upcoming dances. Recently, I just went prom dress shopping alone, and I felt so great about myself in a bunch of dresses but then I'd look at my back scars and scars in my cleavage, and everything was just ruined. I just want to feel beautiful, and I want to feel like a normal girl.

Please, please help me find a way to fade my scars. I've done microdermabrasion once and it did not help much. Prom is coming up and I just want to go and look gorgeous in my dress and have a fancy dinner and ride a limo and have the night of my life and be like any other normal teenage girl. I just want to feel whole again.

And it's not just prom, although I did put extra emphasize on prom. I want to eventually get on the beach/pool again, and not look stupid changing in the bathroom stall instead of the locker room like everyone else, and wear cute clothes and not have to dress like a boy in t-shirts 24/7. I even drop out of plays in theatre at school because of the costumes they assign me. It's so ridiculous.

I have em too.

I'm putting AHA lotion on my body every day and my red marks are slowly but surely fading.

Not much research has been put into body acne scarring, so I guess its a trial and error thing for us. I heard chemical peels really help, but I haven't gotten one done yet.

but... have you checked out this thread:

apparently, this is the miracle cure, but I haven't done it yet because big exams are coming up and I won't be able to study when if im itching like crazy!

Im your age and I developed back acne right at the same time as you, and Ive tried almost everything including accutane which I just finished a month ago and it hasent helped my back acne but it got rid of my facial acne and I was only on it for 4 months because I didnt want to be sensitive to the sun in the summer. Well I saw this thread and the person said that he found a way to clear all scar and marks away from his back in a week by putting on a bp 10 wash after showering and drying off. He said this caused extremely irritating skin for the week and he also says not to itch the skin during the week but wait until the week is over and start exfoliating. If you would like to try this you could probably find a pan oxyl 10 at the drugstore im unsure if a 5 would work as well.

Would you like me to try this for this week and I can comeback and tell you how it goes because im pretty desperate to.

try this it has helped peoples acne and red marks on there back in as little as a week.

put vinager on your back acne before going to bed and wash it off in the morning try and find cotton pads for applying it.

I have em too.

I'm putting AHA lotion on my body every day and my red marks are slowly but surely fading.

Not much research has been put into body acne scarring, so I guess its a trial and error thing for us. I heard chemical peels really help, but I haven't gotten one done yet.

apparently, this is the miracle cure, but I haven't done it yet because big exams are coming up and I won't be able to study when if im itching like crazy!

are you talking about this thread? you didn't post a link.

I have em too.

hmm, that's weird. i can't see the links.

http://*www.acne.org/messageboard/clear-bacne-scars-t154450.html&st=40&start=40

^ that, minus the little star i put in before www. so the link would show up. do you mean that?

Im your age and I developed back acne right at the same time as you, and Ive tried almost everything including accutane which I just finished a month ago and it hasent helped my back acne but it got rid of my facial acne and I was only on it for 4 months because I didnt want to be sensitive to the sun in the summer. Well I saw this thread and the person said that he found a way to clear all scar and marks away from his back in a week by putting on a bp 10 wash after showering and drying off. He said this caused extremely irritating skin for the week and he also says not to itch the skin during the week but wait until the week is over and start exfoliating. If you would like to try this you could probably find a pan oxyl 10 at the drugstore im unsure if a 5 would work as well.

Would you like me to try this for this week and I can comeback and tell you how it goes because im pretty desperate to.

do you mean this:

http://*www.acne.org/messageboard/clear-bacne-scars-t154450.html&st=40&start=40

[minus the little star before www. because if i don't put that in, the link won't show up. atleast, not for me]. i think i'm just going to ahead and try this. does that stuff bleach clothes?

Thread Starter, I have felt the exact same way as you when I was ur age....I let my body acne scars control me, I wouldnt be caught in a swimsuit...as a matter of fact, i use to wear jackets smack in the middle of summer...walkin around in south florida heat lookin like :ninja: . but as i got older...i regret my past insecurities and missing out on certain events/things because of it. I realized with the help of family and friends...that though the scars were unsightly to me, others may not view the scars as bad...my boyfriend found my insecurities to be more unnacttractive than the bacne scars....I say have fun, wear a swimsuit, got to prom and wear that backless dress and have fun( i know, easier said than done) who cares what other sthink...because the sooner you stop letting the scars control ur life/actions...the happier and better off you'll be.

I know how you feel. I just gave up going swimming altogether and it's been nearly ten years. I'm just too ugly. I have scars from my forearms to my stomach, chest, back, shoulders. I'm white and I have freckles. My scars are so bad I look like I have negative freckles because the scars are so numerous. :cry:

The only way people don't notice them is when I have a sunburn. I use AHA but it increases sensitivity to the sun. I've noticed they have faded a little but I'd rather have something that gives me a faster result. I've been suffering for more than a decade and let's just say I'm not patient anymore. I actually wear t shirts and jeans in the summer and won't wear any spaghetti strap tops. My skin is just too bad. I can't afford a dermatologist and just don't trust them anyway.

I used to use the Jergens moisturizer (that tinted summer tan one) and that helped make them less noticeable without causing sun damage to my skin in the summer. However, it doesn't do anything to get rid of scars. :( You also need to be careful about how you put it on because it can streak. Ugh. I've hear lemon juice can help reduce the appearance of scars but I don't have a clue how to use it. :eh:

Hi Kids,

I feel your pain. I was where you are now and trust me when I say yes of course you do not feel like going to proms etc but as empty as this will sound to you, I say do it and move forward with the memory good or bad. A memory is a good thing, no memory is a nothing.

Now as for treatment anyone that is interested in what I used, please look up my posting. I have not been in this forum for a few years but it is still relevant as to treatment as it exist today.

I would ask that you keep in mind that my scarring is hypertrphic so I guess anyone with atrophic scarring must use someone else as a refernce.

Regards

U

So my prom was two weeks ago, and I actually did go. I just want to tell everyone out there who misses proms and events because of this, please don't! :cry: prom was a blast and i have so much regret towards not ever going to dances in my first years of high school. it was a great time and it's a memory i'm going to keep. thank you above posters for trying to help me/others out. just do whatever you can to still go to these things. put make-up on your scars, [just wash it off as soon as you get home unless you want to break out more!] buy a halter dress with a huge ribbon tie so it covers as much as possible, use your hair to cover your back, straighten your hair so it gets longer and covers more. or get extensions, just do anything! you'll have fun at the event and when the night is over it feels like you've overcome just a huge, huge obstable. if you really need to, wear a shawl, or a shrug, covers up everything! just go, don't miss out on fun things and let this take over your life. because i let it take over and control mine, and the second i got to prom, i was like, why? why have i let this consume me? it's just not worth it. i'm still not clear, and i've even started breaking out again, ontop of this scarring that no one else seems to have :/ other girls have backs that are just completely flawless and yeah, i know, it's not fair. but you know what, just don't care. do everything in your power to hide it, and yes, even after that, it'll still be visible, but go to that event anyway. go to the beach anyway. go to prom anyway. just go have fun.

haha sorry, no one's going to take the time to read this. i tend to write ALOT, as you can see.

try AHA, or, see if a doctor will give you a prescription for Retin-a and hydroquinone. use the retin-a at night and the hydroquinone during the day.

i have scars on my back, but im a guy, so i guess it doesnt bother me.

So my prom was two weeks ago, and I actually did go. I just want to tell everyone out there who misses proms and events because of this, please don't! :cry: prom was a blast and i have so much regret towards not ever going to dances in my first years of high school. it was a great time and it's a memory i'm going to keep. thank you above posters for trying to help me/others out. just do whatever you can to still go to these things. put make-up on your scars, [just wash it off as soon as you get home unless you want to break out more!] buy a halter dress with a huge ribbon tie so it covers as much as possible, use your hair to cover your back, straighten your hair so it gets longer and covers more. or get extensions, just do anything! you'll have fun at the event and when the night is over it feels like you've overcome just a huge, huge obstable. if you really need to, wear a shawl, or a shrug, covers up everything! just go, don't miss out on fun things and let this take over your life. because i let it take over and control mine, and the second i got to prom, i was like, why? why have i let this consume me? it's just not worth it. i'm still not clear, and i've even started breaking out again, ontop of this scarring that no one else seems to have :/ other girls have backs that are just completely flawless and yeah, i know, it's not fair. but you know what, just don't care. do everything in your power to hide it, and yes, even after that, it'll still be visible, but go to that event anyway. go to the beach anyway. go to prom anyway. just go have fun.

haha sorry, no one's going to take the time to read this. i tend to write ALOT, as you can see.

Good for you for going anyway! Woohoo! That's the way to be. :D

try AHA, or, see if a doctor will give you a prescription for Retin-a and hydroquinone. use the retin-a at night and the hydroquinone during the day.

i have scars on my back, but im a guy, so i guess it doesnt bother me.

should i use dan's AHA or is there any other kind you recommend that you can get from the store?

and currently i'm using this stuff called ambi fade cream, which contains vitamin E, AHA, and 2% hydroquinone. it doesn't say it's for acne scars but it does say it fades dark spots, so sure, close enough. should i still ask my doctor about the hydroquinone though? i have a derm appt. in about 9 days.

i thought retin-a was just for your face? guess not.

Good for you for going anyway! Woohoo! That's the way to be. :D

Why thank you :) I'm very glad I went, because I was seriously so close to just sitting around at home, wondering what it would have been like if i actually had been there! Thankfully, i ended up not doing this, and i'm so glad.

So my prom was two weeks ago, and I actually did go. I just want to tell everyone out there who misses proms and events because of this, please don't! :cry: prom was a blast and i have so much regret towards not ever going to dances in my first years of high school ... that no one else seems to have :/ other girls have backs that are just completely flawless and yeah, i know, it's not fair. but you know what, just don't care. do everything in your power to hide it, and yes, even after that, it'll still be visible, but go to that event anyway. go to the beach anyway. go to prom anyway. just go have fun.

i read it ... all ... i honestly thought i was the only one ... out of thousands of people, i thought no one has THIS ... because we hide it ... i still wear jackets in dead of 105 degree weather ... i don't go out until dark - too hot ...

i'm 46 and have to have PHISOHEX (no, hibiclens is NOT the same as docs have tried to tell me) ... (mainly from taking adderall-i get necrotizing faciitis and nothing else works sometimes i must get antibiotics too SMZ-TMP or AUGMENTIN 875 - i can be skinnier with bad skin or fat with perfect skin - i've been fat - 50lbs over - for 3 yrs - not worth it) and i take bcp's, diane-35 has cyproterone (no others do), without a break - finish 3 weeks and start a new pack-no more mood swings and skin stays clear - military has been doing it for years ... and spironolactone lowers your androgenic hormones that cause you to break out - don't see much good with that but maybe it helps on some level ...

i had accutane in 1984 and now they are saying many years later it can cause HAIR LOSS-I have had THAT TOO (adrenal disorder) ... scars from my rotten father not getting me treated when the dr told my wonderful stepmom when i was 12 i needed it ... arms, shoulders, front, back, all the way up my neck - OLD STAPH infections left untreated ... left all kinds of shiny scars - and in the last 15 yrs, i've had MRSA STAPH that left silver dollar sized scars that are like you see when someone is burned - high on my chest so i wear tshirts BACKWARD so they go up high enough to cover it all in the front - i always wear the jkts ... i can get a little burn that will make it look better but i might have brown dots that could be cancer ...

bless you for finding courage to value yourself over what others think - i still can't - i'll die in the heat before i show this skin ... good attitude for a younger person than i ... keep moving forward - you are doing much better than i ever did ...

I wish I didn't have back AND chest acne too.. First it was on my face, now it has to travel down my lower body? I just want to be able to take off my shirt and not be embarrassed about it.. perhaps one day I will be able to jump in the pool again..

listen i know im a year late ! but in case yhu did go then im really proud of yhu!! because when i read yhur story today yes a year later im now crying because i really know what yhur goin through i have almost all yhu have i have scars all over my back not just upper on my chest and on my forhead chin and below my nose and yes i am a gurl! even though i am not in highschool im in middle school 7 grade and trust me it siks ! and the reason im proud of yhu is that i would have not gone because they control me ! but im happy to say though i still dont where shirts that are reveilying at all and cover my forehead wiff my bangs i found something that works!! ALOE VERA! maybe yhu have researched it trust me from someone thats going throuhg the same thing as yhu but worse i actually tried to kill myself cuz im ashamed of how i look but i recently passed dat phase of wining and crying of how ugly i look ! im now doing something about it ! my skin feels great and if yhu put aloevera everday then dey will start too fade i say in bout 2 months fully gone im bearly on my frst and derre faiding extremely ! im very happy wiff my progress and i hope i hear from yhu to see how it went and if yhu did agaom hope yhu did and hopefully yhurs are gone ! im on my way too recovery andd dee worst ting is i am extremley popular and have to facke a smile well good luk and respong plz!! and if dere not gone wich hopefully dey are!! den take my advice thnx ! :/

im in tears now i kno how u all feel i didnt go 2 my prom either because of my chest acne SCARS they ONLY make dresses now that expose ur chest ,back ,EVERTHING there was no hiding or covering up im african american and i hav black scars EVERYWHERE that seem impossible 2 get rid of i wish i could go bak in time wen i had that perfect skin but i cant i can ony blame myself for theSE scars rite? i made them! even though its not MY fault i naturally hav bad skin! uuugh i hate myself believe it or not i hav 2 kids and been with my husband almost 3yrs and he has NEVER seen me nude he gets mad wen i lock the door wen i shower i feel sooo sorry for him because i think he deserves better he has no idea wats going on under my shirt i alwayz make excuses wen he tries 2 b sweet and run my bath water and wants 2 join me intha tub and it kills me b/c i want us 2 b close I WANT 2 WALK AROUND THA HOUSE IN JUST A BRA AND PANTIES HELL! but i cant im scared that if he sees tha true me he'll feel very diff about me even tho we've known each other for almost 5 yrs and with him seein all my scars i kno he will feel disgusted but wont show it so he wont hurt my feelings I WANT 2 GET MARRIED!!! but no where in tha hell am i gonna find a CUTE wedding dress that will hide these secrets! NOWHERE ..I WANT 2 WEAR I BATHING SUIT cant do that instead i wear a tshirt and bikini bottoms SO UNCOMFORTABLE i get SOOO mad at myself wen i seein other gurls in a bikini and cute dresses and v-neck shirts becuase THAT SHOULD B ME!!! uugh i hate this LIFE! and no one knows I WISH THERE WAS SOME MIRACLE THAT WOULD SAVE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE I MEAN IM WASTIN MY LIFE FEELING LIKE THIS I WANT 2 GET OUT AN DO THA STUFF I LUV AND LUK GUD DOIN IT BUT I CANT! IVE TRIED EVERYTHING NUTHIN FADES THE SCARES OR ANYTHING GOD WHERE IS THIS MIRACLE DRUG!!!! I NEED IT SO I CAN LIVE THIS LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!!!

AND PLEASE NO ONE SAY "OOO GURL GET OUT THERE AND WEAR WUT U WANNA WEAR WHO CARES ABOUT WUT PPL THINKS"!! WELL SORRY BUT THIS WORLD REVOLVES AROUND JUDGMENT AND PLZ I DNT WANA HEAR " IF UR HUSBAND REALLY LUVS U HEWOULDNT CARE ABOUT HOW U LUK" B/C HE WOULD EVEN THO I KNO HE LUVS ME IF U SEEN WAT I HAV 2 LUK AT IN THA MIRROR EVERYDAY U WOULD UNDERSTAND!

Posted · Hidden by AKL, May 12, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by AKL, May 12, 2012 - No reason given

Has anyone used dr murad's scar kit or invisible scars?

I have used invicible. I got aninfection on the top of my foot from a bicycle accident. I scraped it on the sidewalk when I fell, and then it became a really ugly scar that was really dark. Then a friend was telling me about how she got rid of scar on her face from a mole removal. She swore by scar zone until reading a bunch of studies that it’s esentially like putting on petroleum jelly. scar zone is not very expensive, but a lot more than pet-jelly. I started looking for something else, and found that silicone is really important. So I tried strips and some silicone creams. I found that I prefer invisible scars. It is a good <a href="http://www.inviciblescars.com">scar cream</a> I now make my kids and even my husband use it.

Please help me ... I'm in dire need of someone who could recommend me any effective product which could make these dark spots from my face and and from other somatic regions of my body disappear and which is relatively affordable . I don't know why but this happens to me that whenever a mosquito or anything bites me , it leaves permanent dark spots on my body though in normal situations these are temporary and disappears within a few days. These spots look so bad . I've my wedding in the next few months and i really want to get rid of them. I've gotten some suggestions from different websites , INVICIBLE SCARS and DR.MURAD’S VITAMIN C SUPPLEMENT.

Is any of them worth buying ? Or if you have any more suggestions then please you're welcome .

Back acne scars are worst, I tried lots of techniques but found using several organic substances can help a lot...try the natural remedies!!!

I'm really worried .. My daughter is having these spots on her face which have occurred after her acne problem. The pigmentation is all gone but the scars are there for so long and i haven't found any reliable product which could make her scars disappear . Please help . I've heard of this product InviCible Scars Advanced Scar Treatment | For Scars & Dark Spots

Is it worth buying ? I have also heard about Mederma Skin Care for Scars, Scarring & Stretch Marks | Mederma.com. Please tell me what are your views regarding both these products ?

Posted · Hidden by AKL, May 24, 2012 - Spammer.
Hidden by AKL, May 24, 2012 - Spammer.

why don't you try invicible scars ? it's very much effective.I myself am experienced to that.it is a hypoallergenic acne scar treatment. Since it does not contain common skin irritants like preservatives and fragrances, it is far less likely to cause a break-out than most other scar care products do.. I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time.Consult the website if you want any more details.it's great for all kinds of scars... would recommend to all

have you tried rose hip oil? its very effective and in the long run you wont recognize the scarring anymore