Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyanon_girlx

Body acne scars have ruined me.

Body acne scars are completely ruining my life. I used to love warm weather but now I'm afraid of it because I can't wear anything cute because the majority of cute tops are back revealing. I have a ton of brown marks all over the upper part of my back, and recently I've gotten them in my cleavage. Gross. I haven't been anywhere in a bathing suit since June of 2006. It's now almost April 2009. I'll be on Facebook looking at pictures of friends at the beach, or winter formal, or prom, and it just KILLS me. I'm so scared because prom is coming up in about four weeks and I'm debating whether or not I should go because I'm so afraid. I haven't been to a single dance since high school started because of this. I could go and leave my hair down and that would help some but I'd still be SO paranoid the whole night that someone would see. I wouldn't have much fun. Please help me, this has destroyed me and I feel it's even worse because I'm a girl. I mean I see guys with body acne as normal because well, they're guys. And me being a girl, I'm supposed to be pretty and sophisticated and whatnot but instead, I have this disgusting monster ruining me. For gym, I change in the bathroom stall instead of the locker room like other normal girls and I turn down any offers to go shopping with friends because I KNOW they'll want to go try on dresses for upcoming dances. Recently, I just went prom dress shopping alone, and I felt so great about myself in a bunch of dresses but then I'd look at my back scars and scars in my cleavage, and everything was just ruined. I just want to feel beautiful, and I want to feel like a normal girl.

Please, please help me find a way to fade my scars. I've done microdermabrasion once and it did not help much. Prom is coming up and I just want to go and look gorgeous in my dress and have a fancy dinner and ride a limo and have the night of my life and be like any other normal teenage girl. I just want to feel whole again.

I don't know what your skin tone is like or how long you've had these marks. I remember a time when I felt prom was the most important thing in the world.

First it may not be possible to remove or even diminish your marks by then, microderm is pretty common way to deal with marks as is hydroquonine. Keep in mind most of us talk about facial scarring/red marks and the skin on the rest of your body will react differently to treatments.

Now with all that in mind, have you considered body make up? Prom is still only one night and I would caution you to understand the risks of what you try and how they may have lasting negative effects.

Where can I get body make-up? I hope I won't sweat it off before the night ends or anything.

And it's not just prom, although I did put extra emphasize on prom. I want to eventually get on the beach/pool again, and not look stupid changing in the bathroom stall instead of the locker room like everyone else, and wear cute clothes and not have to dress like a boy in t-shirts 24/7. I even drop out of plays in theatre at school because of the costumes they assign me. It's so ridiculous.

I'm a guy so my knowledge of make up is really limited, I do know that body make up is used quite often to hide tattoos for actors, as for whether you'll sweat it off I can't say. If I were in your shoes I'd just go to a beauty parlor and ask, I'm sure they can give you an idea of what it can/can't do and how much it would cost to have it done for your prom night.

Yeah I once heard on TV that actresses spray on tans in order to cover up their tank top tan marks when they are on the red carpet. So for one night, you'll be fine if you do something similar.

As for your scars, all I can say is that you don't have it as bad as me. You think red marks are bad? Ha! Try imagining all of them raised above the surface of the skin!

Then imagine them not fading at all over time. Then imagine them being the hardest scars to treat.

If your scars are just marks, then from what I understand they will fade with time. But as for my scars, I'll never be able to go to a beach/pool again for the rest of my life! I often wonder how the hell I'm ever going to have a girlfriend who wouldn't be completely disgusted by my scars!

So please understand, people like me have it much worse than you.