Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girl_-anachronismd

i hate myself. do men think its gross. be honest.

acv

anti-biotics

bp

aloe

every over the counter treatment on the market

s-acid

b5

zinc

bee propolis

retin a

duac

i've tried doing nothing

joboba oil

basis soap

cetaphil

no dairy

no wheat

three day apple fast

master cleanse

three diff. birth controls

no birth control

tanning

all the things ive tried

i've had acne for seven years. not on my face. but on my collar bones, upper back, and chest mostly. and bad. like every six hours or so i have four or five new pimples on top of healing ones and scars. my derm gave up on me.

what the hell is causing this? why is my face clear? and not my body?

i havent gone to the beach, or pool since i was twelve.

i missed my prom.

men leave me because i wont show them my body, and i let my acne get the best of me psychologically.

i have no friends.

i hate girls.

im the only girl in my family as far back as anybody can remember with this.

i have the opportunity to travel this summer. but i'm so scared that on the road i'll break out, that i dont want to go.

i hide indoors all summer.

i cry when i see myself in the mirror.

i'm five foot one, one hundred and ten lbs. i have a great figure and work out three times a week. men think im pretty until my shirt comes off. then they cringe.

i have had serious bouts of depression. and was suicidal for a long time. i had to be hospitalized for depression.

i've snapped in public, and burst into tears.

i feel the cause of my social anxiety, etc is acne. even when i have a sorta clear day, i wont wear anything but a turtle neck. because im so damn paranoid now from suffering so long, that i actually cannot put on a tank top.

i flippin give up. my sister has beautiful skin. guys leave me cause im crazy cause i obsess over it. ive been cheated on because i dont dress like a nineteen yr old girl. i dress like a granny.

what do guys really think about this? chest/back acne.

i know girls with nice skin look down on girls with bad skin. ive witnessed it one too many times.

You are not alone. I know depression all too well. My depression isnt caused by my acne but nonetheless, I know what its like. People also look down on me for having acne, both guys and girls. Ive had people give me gross stares and they say, its getting worse and then they make a face. I hate people in general too

i would definately consider yourself to be very lucky. everyone see's your face, but not many ppl are going to see your body. It's not gross at all, in fact it makes you very much human. Of course it's something you dont want but my suggestion is to try and solve the problem and in the meantime try not to let it get the best of you. It WILL clear up in time, when you are able to suppress it but in the meantime you have a clean face and a nice shape. and you dont have to dress like a granny to conceal, you can still dress stylish but cover your skin and nobody will know. its actually a good trait because then you wont look like a skank having your belly and butt hanging out revealing all to the world. its unfortunate, but fortunately your face is unscaythed.

I would like to reassure you: unlike what you think, many men don't care at all about acne, and a lot even think that it can be pretty in certain circumstances. In particular chest acne is not at all a turn off, on the opposite it can be very sexy. So have not fear.

I would like to reassure you: unlike what you think, many men don't care at all about acne, and a lot even think that it can be pretty in certain circumstances. In particular chest acne is not at all a turn off. So have not fear.

That hasnt been my experience at all! Men look at me funny when I dont wear make up to cover my zits. They have this disgusting grin on their face and tell me my face looks aweful

I would like to reassure you: unlike what you think, many men don't care at all about acne, and a lot even think that it can be pretty in certain circumstances. In particular chest acne is not at all a turn off. So have not fear.

That hasnt been my experience at all! Men look at me funny when I dont wear make up to cover my zits. They have this disgusting grin on their face and tell me my face looks aweful

Well, some men dislike acne, that's sure. But I would bet that the ones that told you that your face looks awful are assholes who told this to you just to hurt you, not so much because that's what they really think.

Mane men on the opposite find that acne can be attractive. Ther's a good chance that some of the "funny" look you get are guys finding it rather cute. Don't forget that.

Are you sure it's acne? It might be some sort of other infection or illness. Check a doctor which is not a conventional dermatologist.

I do think that body acne, like facial acne, can be gross/unpleasant to look at. That's the truth, anyone who thinks acne is a turn on, I don't know... HOWEVER. I know you've must've been told this already - if a guy really likes you for who you are, acne won't be a problem for them. I'm not just saying that. I'm in love with a guy who at one stage had an acne problem on his body as well, he thought is was gross, but I was so enamored with him I hardly noticed it, just saw him, a beautiful mixture of all the things I love. Whoever said love makes you blind wasn't talking out their arse.

Acne is a shit. It stops us doing that we want to do sometimes. I'm travelling later this year aswell and like you, I'm also worried that the hot climate will make me break out, although I've been clear for awhile now. I don't care anyway, I'm stiiiiiill going to go. Listen to me, don't put your life on halt because of something that you can't control anyway. You don't want to be 30 years old in a few years time, working 9-5 behind a desk and wondering where your life went because you let acne stop you from doing what you wanted. Don't give a shit what ppl think of you. Anyone who thinks negatively about you because of something you can control is about as useful to you as poo drying on concrete.

j.x

You have a couple of options as I see it:

1) Are you sure it's acne and not Pityrorporum Folliculitis or something else. If noen of the acne medications you have used have worked it mioght not be acne. Does it itch, if it does i could be because of the Pityrosporum Ovale yeast or because of Demodex mites.

2) try the redommended body acne treatments on this site. F.ex Sea salt baths.

3) Get on accutane

thanks for the info. i have actually tried the sea salt thing, but it only worked temporarily. like everything else. things work for a bit, then stop completely. ive run out of things to try. accutane is not something i will every do, i care about my body too much. which is why i quite the chemicals.

i think thats al ie that some men think its cute. or a stretch at least. my bf doesnt care. but i do. he has it on h is back, but it doesnt bother me, but on me on the other hand, i think its gross.

on other people i dont care. on me. i do. i ve tried changign my thinking, but it only ends in dissapointment, cause right when i think its okay to go out, i get a snicker, comment, or a nasty look. and close up in my house again. people are ass holes. i wish everybody had to go through skin hell to get their nice skin.

its not itchy, its acne. i went to many many dermatologists and they all said the same thing. its acne. likely hormonal. and i have ocd. so i pic. which makes it worse. which depresses me, and then i pick some more. ive tried i think three or four dif pills to help. but coming off them acutally made it better.

skin transplant anybody?

Hi,

I know you're probably sick and tired of trying stuff, but I would recommend that you try the Nizoral treatment before you give up or try accutane. If figure you have nothing to lose- if it's somehow related to fungus Nizoral would control it and I'm hearing more and more people using Nizoral for regular acne because it has anti-androgen properties.

And go ahead and travel- it'll be a blast!

And my idea of acne and relationship was pretty shaken when I was in highschool by this one girl- she had probably more acne than most, on her body and her face, but she didn't hide it much, and she was still popular with the guys, because she was cool. I thought of that for many years to give myself confidence.

Good luck!

Hey, don't ever give up, girl_-anachronismd. There is always something new you can try to get rid of acne. Though, I think you should try your best at getting rid of your picking compulsion at first.

i know girls with nice skin look down on girls with bad skin. ive witnessed it one too many times.

hmm... i hate to say it its not that bad.

me im 17 been dramatically depressed over my skin situation for years.

my back acne is as bad as its ever been right now, but my face and neck are clear enough to survive with.

i would never say guys think its gross. but un less ur talking about the guy thats hmm how do i say, "perfect" it shouldn't matter much.

i'd say hang in thier because atleast your able to faithfully go out in public.

a month ago i wouldn't even go out side :(

acv

anti-biotics

bp

aloe

every over the counter treatment on the market

s-acid

b5

zinc

bee propolis

retin a

duac

i've tried doing nothing

joboba oil

basis soap

cetaphil

no dairy

no wheat

three day apple fast

master cleanse

three diff. birth controls

no birth control

tanning

all the things ive tried

i've had acne for seven years. not on my face. but on my collar bones, upper back, and chest mostly. and bad. like every six hours or so i have four or five new pimples on top of healing ones and scars. my derm gave up on me.

what the hell is causing this? why is my face clear? and not my body?

i havent gone to the beach, or pool since i was twelve.

i missed my prom.

men leave me because i wont show them my body, and i let my acne get the best of me psychologically.

i have no friends.

i hate girls.

im the only girl in my family as far back as anybody can remember with this.

i have the opportunity to travel this summer. but i'm so scared that on the road i'll break out, that i dont want to go.

i hide indoors all summer.

i cry when i see myself in the mirror.

i'm five foot one, one hundred and ten lbs. i have a great figure and work out three times a week. men think im pretty until my shirt comes off. then they cringe.

i have had serious bouts of depression. and was suicidal for a long time. i had to be hospitalized for depression.

i've snapped in public, and burst into tears.

i feel the cause of my social anxiety, etc is acne. even when i have a sorta clear day, i wont wear anything but a turtle neck. because im so damn paranoid now from suffering so long, that i actually cannot put on a tank top.

i flippin give up. my sister has beautiful skin. guys leave me cause im crazy cause i obsess over it. ive been cheated on because i dont dress like a nineteen yr old girl. i dress like a granny.

what do guys really think about this? chest/back acne.

If you haven't tried over the counter shampoos yet, I would. Many people on this forum have had good results, including myself, from nizoral and/or head & shoulders. Try rubbing some on the acne areas after you get wet in the shower. Work up a good soapy lather. To save the hot water, turn it off. Let the shampoo sit on your skin for five minutes while rubbing it in occasionally. I usually step out of the shower and watch the clock while watching tv in the bedroom while waiting for five minutes. Turn the hot water back on and then rinse. Do this around every three days so your skin doesn't get too irritated. I've found nizoral to be less irritating than selsun blue and head & shoulders. Good luck.

As far as men thinking it's gross, I'm sure there's men and women who think that. But I'm sure some decent men would take you for who you are as a person as well as your good figure. Think if you were five foot one and 250 pounds. Or think if you were a midget or didn't have an arm or a leg or even any breasts. Or think if you were an alcoholic or drug addict dying on the street. The list could go on and on. Everyone's got problems. What I do is ask God for help everyday to try to overcome my problems, and I try to leave it in my higher power's hands. I try to be grateful for the things that I do have.

i have back chest acne and this has helped mine a bit

when your in the shower conditioning your hair do that before you wash your body otherwise the oil in it will clog your pores

Gril keep your head up !

I know it's hard BELIEVE me I have had my own battles and still have them !! and im here if u ever need to talk! As far as your question about guys thinking its gross ?? truthelly afew may but alot won't I only say afew may because there are some very shallow people out there ! but dont let that discourage you alot wont ! I sure dont find it gross...a person is more than on the outside its what's within and your acne for the time beign is part of you and u seem like a beautiful person so stay strong ! and in time your acne will clear up and u will still be a beautiful person :o)

hope that helped !!

Anthony :o)

I feel like I can relate to you very well which is why I'm willing to take the risk of using accutane starting next week. As far as do men think it's gross? I wouldn't go as far as saying it's appealing like posts above but it's not a major turnoff. If the girl I liked had body acne, it wouldn't phase me at all. When you really like someone, the positives of the person tend to blow away the negatives.

i would definately consider yourself to be very lucky. everyone see's your face, but not many ppl are going to see your body

Maybe it sounds nice, but having a clear face and body acne blows, I know. It's really frustrating when you have friends that want to go swimming and there's going to be an attractive girl or guy there, but you cant go because you dont dare take your shirt off.

Listen...I have pretty bad acne also. Not only do I get it on my face but I also get cyst-like blemished on my upper back. That makes it hard for me to wear warm weather clothing (I live in Los Angeles).

I'm a WORKING model in LA regardless of my skin problems (by the way, most models DO have pimples!). I'm telling you this to reassure you that it's not that big of a deal. Yes, I get depression from time to time because of it. I feel ugly and like everyone is staring at the red bumps on my back and face. But I have to remind myself that 1.) if these people are judging me for some red bumps then they are probably people I don't want in my life anyways, 2.) I'm not the only one suffering from acne, and 3.) PHOTOSHOP!

Keep working out. Stay fit. Drink lots of water. Lay off the coffee products. Get some sun. Use natural products on your skin. Try your BEST not to pick (I also have a mild form of OCD and pick as a result half the time :naughty: ). And make sure to exfoliate even your back. Dead skin cells help clog pores. Do you exfoliate you back??

It'll get better.

OH! Also, you should consider using all natural shampoos and conditioners. I found that once I started that, my back acne lessened. Hair products that have chemicals and things that clog your skin often leave a residue even after washing. I use this baby shampoo and conditioner because not only is it great for your hair, it doesnt leave crap on your back. Nature's Baby Organics. You can get it at Whole Foods and such places.

Good luck.

Not all girls look down on other girls with bad skin. I for example had bad skin up until about November of last year and I am more sympathetic towards those with bad skin as I have been in their position and know how horrible I felt at times. I think those that look down on other with skin problems is because they have not had to struggle with their own skin before. It makes it easier to judge when you have no clue what it is like to be in a certain situation. Have you tried changing your diet? What about speaking to a counselor? You say your boyfriend has spots on his back and it does not bother you but the spots on your body you refer to as gross. You need to learn to love yourself hun and if that means seeking counseling I think you should take that step. Good luck!

Aww! Lets go out! I have the same issue, bad backne. It sucks so bad, it really does require a lot of strength to get past. I don't have any advice, but I have sympathy for that. I have had it for about 4 years now, cystic.

are u 100 percent sure its actually acne?....maybe it is another skin disorder that can be treat ?... besides that i think you should work on your depression despite acne or clear skin. if you had a disability would you let it hold you back ?... its kind of like that same situation. trust me i know what ur talkin about i get down on myself all the time about my acne but i realize that sometimes i just use my acne as a scapegoat for problems i do not want to deal with.. good luck i hope you feel better and become happy soon.

Try Accutane? I heard success stories here. The right guy won't be turned off by any acne. My SO never mentioned it to me but i KNOW he noticed it. Oh yes. But he's still with me after many years. I'm sure there're tons of guys out there who see past the imperfect surface of the skin.

DON'T use accutane! Make sure you don't have a skin infection first!

You'll be putting your body through hell unnecessarily otherwise. My face looks pretty good now but I have folliculitis. I can't afford a doctor so I'm trying OTC treatments. Accutane just isn't worth in and can do far more harm than good.

I have scars all over because of the $#@!$ worthless dermatologists! Make sure you aren't suffering from a skin infection first please! I wish you the best of luck and let us know how you are doing.

My "acne" was the cause of my depression. I still don't wear certain clothes because I'm just too self conscious. :|

Hi, like you i had a completely clear face & led a healthy lifestyle but had really terrible cystic bacne for over 5 years. I was just about to get on accutane, but after only about a month of doing dan's regime religiously (every day, 2-3x a day), i saw a truly AMAZING improvement (to the point of unbelievable). my back was absolutely covered in acne (the deep and painful type)and many many red scars from my neck all the way down to the middle of my back. now i have only 1-2 active pimples, and 90% of my scarring has even gone away b/c the AHA literally peeled off my scars. i had never stuck to any skin care regime this strictly, but i really wanted to change my life and finally be happy w my body. i was tired of hiding my back and not being able to feel comfortable on the beach or wear nice clothes bc it showed my back. i think the key for me was to slather on as much as possible of both the 2.5% bp & AHA as often as you can, and DON'T EVER pick at your skin. even though my skin started peeling a lot, it was actually really good for getting rid of many scars in like 2-3 weeks. the rate that things are improving, i think i'll have a completely clear back with no scars after another month (just in time for summer!). even if dan's regime doesn't work for you, i really believe that u can find something that will. i was really close to believing that i would have to either live w this my whole life or get on accutane, but then i found out that that wasn't true. so don't ever give up! :D