Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im not too savvy on the diet portion of acne. What is good to eat, and what is bad to eat?

I don't want specific stuff like Bromeline and specific minerals and shit, I just want a broad overview of whats safe to eat(IE Bread fights acne, cheese is good for your skin). I know that those arent true, I am just giving examples of what I am looking for.

Also, I take a multivitamin and a fish oil pill from GNC every day. The multivitamin is Premium Performance mUltivitamin from Kirkland. It has vitamins A,B, and D and as far as I know they all help with skin.

So yeah, can someone give me a braod overview of what types of foods to stay away from, and what types of foods to eat to help make my skin clearer?

Thanks.

Honestly, you have to experiment the foods yourself. Some people will say dairy breaks them out, while others will say certain fruits do. Everyone reacts differently. But in general, just consume vegetables, fruits, and stay hydrated. Avoid fast food, etc.

Honestly, you have to experiment the foods yourself. Some people will say dairy breaks them out, while others will say certain fruits do. Everyone reacts differently. But in general, just consume vegetables, fruits, and stay hydrated. Avoid fast food, etc.

Just eat healthy

search in google for "WHFoods List" with out the "

click the first link. All those food are healthy.

Hi there, and welcome! :)

Main Tips:

• Avoid dairy
  • Eat low-glycemic meals
  • Limit fruit to 4-5 pieces per day (and not all at once!)
  • Avoid dried fruit and fruit juice (high concentrations of sugar)
  • Avoid eating more than one-two ounces of nuts/seeds a day
  • Avoid alcohol/smoking
  • Avoid sugar, hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and processed foods (man-made).
  • Eat "real, whole foods," such as vegetables, fruit, leafy greens, nuts/seeds, beans/legumes, and whole grains.
  • Make veggies the focusof your meals
  • Exercises enough to sweat
  • Last, but not least! Lots of cruciferous greens, everyday!! (See green smoothie post in my signature below).

The following article talks of how many dermatologists have noticed improvements in their patients' skin when dairy is removed and a low-glycemic diet is followed. Click here: A Clear Connection? Most dermatologists tell their patients diet plays no role in acne. New research suggests that's wrong.

See (Click here) Dr. Fuhrman's Library for advice on a healthy diet. I've been into health for many years, and Dr. Fuhrman is my favorite doctor!

See my signature for supplement information.

Hope this information helps, and don't forget to check out my green smoothie thread. It has lots of helpful information and recipe ideas as well. :) Click here: ~Green Smoothies~

Hi there, and welcome! :)

Main Tips:

• Avoid dairy
  • Eat low-glycemic meals
  • Limit fruit to 4-5 pieces per day (and not all at once!)
  • Avoid dried fruit and fruit juice (high concentrations of sugar)
  • Avoid eating more than one-two ounces of nuts/seeds a day
  • Avoid alcohol/smoking
  • Avoid sugar, hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and processed foods (man-made).
  • Eat "real, whole foods," such as vegetables, fruit, leafy greens, nuts/seeds, beans/legumes, and whole grains.
  • Make veggies the focusof your meals
  • Exercises enough to sweat
  • Last, but not least! Lots of cruciferous greens, everyday!! (See green smoothie post in my signature below).

The following article talks of how many dermatologists have noticed improvements in their patients' skin when dairy is removed and a low-glycemic diet is followed. Click here: A Clear Connection? Most dermatologists tell their patients diet plays no role in acne. New research suggests that's wrong.

See (Click here) Dr. Fuhrman's Library for advice on a healthy diet. I've been into health for many years, and Dr. Fuhrman is my favorite doctor!

See my signature for supplement information.

Hope this information helps, and don't forget to check out my green smoothie thread. It has lots of helpful information and recipe ideas as well. :) Click here: ~Green Smoothies~

Going to start drinking green smoothies tomorrow! :)

I wont add anything just spinach , water and stevia.

hoping it taste ok. I don't want to add fruits. Decided to add green smoothie into one of my meals

with 8oz chicken breast , 1/2 cup quinoa , 100g sweet potatoes , salads ( lettuce ) with broccoli , carrots , cabbage , extra virgin olive oil and avocados on top. When i am done eating all this , will drink the green smoothies! then go to work!

Hope is ok to do this :P

Yeah , I've decided to eat a lot. Trying to bulk up.

Hi Eddie!

It's definitely okay to add the green smoothie - if you have room! hehe If you're afraid of fruit due to the glycemic index, you might experiment with low-sugar fruits and see how you do. Green apples, pears and berries are all good choices. :) I made a smoothie today with tons of baby spinach, a good helping of coconut, only a 1/2 cup of frozen mango, cinnamon and a little honey - divine!!!

Times when I broke out the most (prior to accutane, I am now clear *knock on wood*)

But caffeine was the worst break out for me, when ever I would have a coffee in the morning I always woke up with a new pimple, and they would last forever, when I went off coffee and soda pops and anything containing alot of caffeine I noticed a slight decline in my acne.

But like someone previously posted you really have to experiment. What might make some break out might not make you.

The dairy and wheat are individual issues. Fine fine for some, bad for others. You have to figure out that for yourself by avoiding things for about a month at a time.

Start by avoiding processed foods and drinks and start eating more real nutrient dense foods. Then figure out what you have an intolerance for.

And read the many very good threads from the past. Because the search feature here sucks, here are some compilations:

Food, recipe and what to eat threads.http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

Various ways diet affects acne and what to do about it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Tangled-w...et-t224452.html

What to do for various issues that contribute to acne http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-t230714.html

Hi Eddie!

It's definitely okay to add the green smoothie - if you have room! hehe If you're afraid of fruit due to the glycemic index, you might experiment with low-sugar fruits and see how you do. Green apples, pears and berries are all good choices. :) I made a smoothie today with tons of baby spinach, a good helping of coconut, only a 1/2 cup of frozen mango, cinnamon and a little honey - divine!!!

Lmao , I am on nearly 400g carbs a day. Trying to bulk up.

I will try frozen mango and stevia. :P

What about certain meats?

I am a college athlete, so protein is important for me to gain strength. Since dairy has repeatedily been said to be a cause of acne, milk is probably not a good idea as my souce of protein. I live at school so I don't have the opportunity to cook to get the proper nutrition- I eat whats at my cafeteria. Luckily, my cafeteria is very nice and has a good selection. Theirs always burgers/sandwich meats/salads/cereal/PBJ/1 meat(pork/ham/turkey/roast beef). I need to get a healthy source of protein.

I actually have been asking this question a lot lately, but are you suppose to have meat every single day? I eat meat at least one time every day, and I am starting to begin to think it's unhealthy. I vary the meat a lot so it's not always eating a hamburger or red meat. It's turkey, ham, beef, veal, pork- I vary it up pretty nicely but I still am not sure if eating meat every day is healthy. Is it or is it not?

Another simple question...Whats the best kinds of meats to eat to get protein? As far as I am concerned, it goes in this order--

Grilled Chicken

Turkey

Ham

Pork

Beef

I don't really have any background information on this, I am just assuming LOL.

Can someone give me a proetin/meat 101?

Im asking far too many questions, but I am trying to get my skin as healthy as possible as natural as possible..

From my study of nutrition, I believe animal products lead to disease, so I try to limit them to 2-3 times per week only. I choose cage-free eggs, and hormone-free turkey/chicken, or fish from up north free of toxins. I think I remember reading somewhere though that if you don't have access to cage-free/hormone-free animal products, that eggs and turkey are the best options. I try to avoid red meat, and I never eat pork, as I believe it's especially full of toxins. ....eeew. There are also ethical reasons for choosing cage-free/hormone-free animal products. www.goveg.com explains.

As for protein and plant foods, nuts/seeds and beans/legumes are all high in protein. And, most all plant foods contain protein, so if you're eating enough calories from plants, you'll automatically be getting enough protein.

If you have time, you might enjoy reading this article which quotes credible sources such as The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Magical, Mythical Protein?

From my study of nutrition, I believe animal products lead to disease, so I try to limit them to 2-3 times per week only. I choose cage-free eggs, and hormone-free turkey/chicken, or fish from up north free of toxins. I think I remember reading somewhere though that if you don't have access to cage-free/hormone-free animal products, that eggs and turkey are the best options. I try to avoid red meat, and I never eat pork, as I believe it's especially full of toxins. ....eeew. There are also ethical reasons for choosing cage-free/hormone-free animal products. www.goveg.com explains.

As for protein and plant foods, nuts/seeds and beans/legumes are all high in protein. And, most all plant foods contain protein, so if you're eating enough calories from plants, you'll automatically be getting enough protein.

If you have time, you might enjoy reading this article which quotes credible sources such as The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Magical, Mythical Protein?

Guess I will avoid red meat! I wanted to eat red meat 2 times a week at least :(

^^

Grilled Chicken

Turkey

Ham

Pork

Beef

Yes, in that list chicken and turkey your best quality protein, beef the worst. I don't know where the pork products fit. But you are better off sticking with the first two plus fish and eggs. I highly doubt your school is spending the money to get anything but the typical sickly animals from our horrific and unhealthy food industry. Chickens don't tend to live long enough to get sick and grow fast enough that there's no point in giving them hormones. This is why they can splash hormone and antibiotic free all over the packaging and ads even though they aren't doing anything special.

For snacks, raw pumpkin seeds are a high quality protein. And you could get tins of sardines or jack mackerel for protein and omega 3. And combine legumes with other plant foods. Legumes have limited amounts of methionine. Spinach is high in methionine. And of course, grains.

There are many athletes that are vegetarians, btw. Like Carl Lewis.

love to drink smoothie :)

you can try drinking this green smoothie recipe for weight loss :)

1 large apple, cored and sliced

1 large stalk of celery

½ cup kale, chopped

½ cup fresh cilantro

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

½ tablespoon ginger

8-10 ounces water

Blend until smooth

ENJOY! :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

source : http://www.greensmoothierecipesforweightloss.com/