Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emeritaaa

Is there any hope for me? :(

I was hoping someone could help me out on here...I've suffered from acne for so long, I don't know what to do or try anymore. I've had cystic acne ever since I can remember, and I'm 20 years old. As of right now I use neutrogena oil free acne wash, st. ive's apricot scrub, clearasil ultra cream, and neutrogena oil free moisturizer. I used to use proactiv and am thinking about going on it again.

What other products can I use to clear up my face? Or should I just go to a dermatologist, since it seems relentless. I have quite a few scars and a lot of red marks.

I bought a 50% glycolic acid solution for my face, will this help? I also bought a product from the body shop, called tea tree oil blemish fade night lotion. And I purchased mederma, and only used it a couple times so far. Do these products work?

What kind of acne do I have exactly?

I want to clear up my face within one month. Is it possible? :( Thank you

post-99809-1238365100_thumb.jpg

post-99809-1238365100_thumb.jpg

First keep in mind this is the scar forum, so you'll probably get better advice about your active acne on one of the other subforums here.

I certainly understand where you're coming and the first thing you have to understand is the difference between red marks and scars. Your red marks will fade in time if you find something that works for your acne, but your indentations are scars and will improve little on their own even after your acne is under control.

Short of finding the most ideal treatment for you, it's very unlikely that you can get rid of your red marks in a month though with luck they will fade in brightness greatly.

The kind of scaring you have might react very well to fillers which are temporary (A couple of months to a year) and moderately expensive, but I imagine the redness is what's bothering you the most right now and is what you would like to get under control.

I know this might not have been what you wanted to here, we've all felt the urge to hide from the world and I encourage you to take it a day at a time.

It appears that you have cystic acne based upon the scars I can see in your photo.

I would strongly encourage you to see a dermatologist to see if you can go on Accutane.

My cystic acne was completely eradicated after one round of Accutane. I will warn you that my face broke out terribly for the first six weeks of the treatment and left me with some additional scars.

However, I have not had ONE cystic lesion since completing my treatment with Accutane. (I completed a second round of Accutane for acne in my scalp which was not nearly as effective.).

To be able to wake up each morning and know that I will not have a pimple or lesion on my face is priceless. I think that you owe it to yourself to speak with a professional.

The glycolic acid is certainly going to help "unglue" some of the oil in your pores. However, starting with 50% glycolic acid may burn your face.

I would suggest working your way up. I started with 70% three years ago and applied it on a Tuesday night. My face burned so badly and my skin began to "weep". I looked like a Napalm victim for four days. Learn from my experience and work your way up: 30% for four months, 40% for four months, 50% for four months, and then 70%.

I have found that Lactic acid is a less harsh type of chemical peel that may be a better alternative for you.

Because you are so young, I would encourage you to speak with a professional about your skin. You could potentially have cystic acne for several more years and the scarring itself is not work it.

Best wishes on your journey to healing....

I was hoping someone could help me out on here...I've suffered from acne for so long, I don't know what to do or try anymore. I've had cystic acne ever since I can remember, and I'm 20 years old. As of right now I use neutrogena oil free acne wash, st. ive's apricot scrub, clearasil ultra cream, and neutrogena oil free moisturizer. I used to use proactiv and am thinking about going on it again.

What other products can I use to clear up my face? Or should I just go to a dermatologist, since it seems relentless. I have quite a few scars and a lot of red marks.

I bought a 50% glycolic acid solution for my face, will this help? I also bought a product from the body shop, called tea tree oil blemish fade night lotion. And I purchased mederma, and only used it a couple times so far. Do these products work?

What kind of acne do I have exactly?

I want to clear up my face within one month. Is it possible? :( Thank you

Awww, youre starting to have some bad scars :( I think some of the products you are using are too harsh. St Ives Apricot Scrub is abrasive and so is that neutrogena cleanser. You should use a mild cleanser and if you have insurance make a dermatology appointment

can you recommend a good mild cleanser?

No, because I have extremely sensitive skin and most drugstore products dont agree with my skin. I am always changing my cleanser and lately, Ive been buying them from Nordstrom. Is your skin dry, oily, or combination?

Stay clear of any scrubs, they cause a lot of irritation. If you want to end it for good, I strongly recommend Accutane. The Regimen may not work for you because you have Cystic acne, but it will definately make your skin less oily if that is a problem.

Stay clear of any scrubs, they cause a lot of irritation. If you want to end it for good, I strongly recommend Accutane. The Regimen may not work for you because you have Cystic acne, but it will definately make your skin less oily if that is a problem.

Her acne isnt severe enough for Accutane and I feel like a broken record. Accutane should ONLY be used for severe acne when all other products have failed.

Yes it's fairly mild, but she says that she is 20 and has had it for a long time, so Accutane might be the best option as it will clear up her acne for good.

my skin is more oily on my cheeks and dry everywhere else. i usually only break out once or twice a month, but it is ALWAYS a cyst. which will stay there for like a month and when its gone, its a huge red mark or a scar.

will using glycolic acid help me out? and how often should i use it, if its 50%? what kinds of chemical peels do dermotologists give?

I think itd be better if you go to the dermatologist first. He will tell you what your options are

My skin is the opposite. I am drier on my cheeks and oily everywhere else. I break out daily and my breakouts take a century to heal. I am the last person you should ask about what products to use

Yes, try and use the least amount of products you can. If you break out from a product, its easier if you only change one thing at a time.

i don't think you need accutane if you haven't even seen a derm yet. i think you should just go to a derm and get started on antibiotics and a bp wash and bp gel for your face. good luck!

Hey, if it was me I would go read up in the nutritional section of the forum. treating acne can be a balancing act. diet, topicals ect ect...basicly whatever you find that helps. you may want to look into a blue led light. I just purchased one. acually its a red/blue led light combo. supposed to clear up acne/blackheads ect.. and improve your skin as a whole. seems to have a whole bunch of benefits that also include helping scars when the time is right. I just started so its to soon to give you any rock solid info from experience. but I have seen and heard good things about them from others. it may be worth your time to look into them.

lactic acid is better then glycolic from what I know . if you use an acid start off very light. 5% or 10%..and slowly build up over time. do weekly peels. the name of that game is sticking with it. never give up even if after 6 months you dont see much in the way of results. obviously stop the peels if they make things worse. I would not start with a 50% if it was me.

I have no experience with accutane. so not sure if that could be a positive solution for you or not. but probably worth looking into and researching. theres a section on it on this forum.

finding the right topicals and cleansers takes some trial and error. all you can do is research the best you can and see how things work out. learn to pay attention to how your skin responds to things. again, look into improving your diet and adding in some daily vitamins and supplements to help you improve.

hope this helps you a bit..wish you the best of luck. :)

how serious is this accutane? lol i haven't really heard of it before. and whats a bp wash/gel?

Its very serious! It can cause birth defects in pregnant woman and in me, it caused something serious that Im tired of talking about to be honest. BP is benzoyl peroxide. Its a medicine used to treat acne

Like others have stated, see a Dermatologist. You'll probably be prescribed topicals, antibiotics or a combination of both. You're not severe enough for Accutane.

Good luck. =)