Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've just recently started to clear up from acne I used to have but of course they have left those annoying brown/red marks. I bought some Vitamin E 400IU capsules so I can pop and get the oil out to put on my skin. I just wanted to know if anyone has truly had success with this? And how long does it take to actually see a difference?

have you tried that egg white and lemon mask thing.

i tried it last night. went to bed and this morning. although not that extreme of results i can honestly say i think its better.

it takes the redness away from inbetween the red marks. and thats just after one night. i cant wait to try it again :)

I just read a post about someone talking about egg whites/lemon mask. Now I think I want to try it. How do you make it? Like, what are the steps?

hey.

ok. just yesterday i started and let me tell you its already working wonders. like an insane amount.

ok once you get out of the shower and youve washerd your face:

1) put a bit of bi-carb SODA in a cup and just a lil bit of water to make a paste. scrub your face with that and wash it off.

2) then get a paper towel and dip it in some apple cider viniger mixed with water. about 1 part acv 2 parts water.

then while this is drying

get a bowl. crack an egg in it. grab a spoon and get the yolk(orange bit) out. DONT BUST IT.

this little orange thing is shit loads of fun and i got side tracked and played with it tonight :)

get half a lemon and squeez it once or twice into the bowl. squeeze the rest into your mouth. and put the other half in the fridge for tommorow.

then grab a fork, tilt the bowl and wisk it till it becomes frothy.

now the hard yuck part. try and schmear this shit on your face. because the eggwhite is thick it helps to pinch the stuff out then schmear it on your face. it looks like a loogey.

then after about 20 mins wash your face. initially i was like wtf this didnt work. take a look in the morning and i was like HOLEY CRAPOLEY. its good. ill keep a photo jornal and send it to you after a week.

the bi carb and acv arent as important as the egg and lemon.

but if you find your skin is dry from bp, the bicarb and acv make it so smooth :)

good luck

^ The bi-carb and ACV isn't going to work for everyone (it didn't for me) and I don't think it's particularly necessary to see results. In some cases it will do more harm than good. I think the egg mask alone will do good things.

But I'd love to see your progress as well! I'm also doing the mask every night.

Thanks for the replies! With the steps, I'm going to try the mask tonight. Since I already knew about the baking soda scrub/ACV thing, I did it last night and I was expecting to have my skin look worse the next day, and that's how it looks lol. But this is the first time because it's getting all the stuff that's in your skin and making it come out.

Question though, how many times should you do this a week?

And thanks for sharing your photo journal! : )

well, you can leave it to every second day. but for faster results do it every day.

and when it comes to something you hate, fast results are good results.

also i just read that you put the acv on strait after the bicarb like do wait for it to dry. cause this is when the skins at its cleanest. and helps close pores. :)

the mask thing makes you look so wierd :) i had it on last night and once again i look even better :)

i have been taking photos with my phone. its been maing my acne look worse than it actually is. but i can still see changes (y)

oh shit. also wash the acv off. its not bad if you left it on. but i just read to wash it off.

I'm going to do the mask before bed. I'll try to do it every other day because I feel when I take a shower my skin is already clean. Yea pics make you look worse, it's so weird. I'm not even mad over it though because I know it will go away.

So after I put on ACV I wash it off, then put the egg whites/lemon juice?

And can I also put the Vitamin E on some of the marks after I wash off the mask?

yeh just after you wash it off.

i think im going to put vitamin e on really bad marks.

cause last week. i got so mad at a big blind pimple on my nose i decided ide go one step further from the old warm washer trick and DIP MY NOSE IN HOT HOT WATER!!!

big mistace my nose full burnt off layers off skin and it was a purfect circle. i looked like rudolf.

so mum gave some vitemin 3 and its healed already it took about 4-5 days :)

So I tried it last night. The mask felt so tight on my face haha, it felt weird. I thought it was going to be hard to take off but it wasn't. Oh and you were right, it did look like a loogie hahaha, like freakin long clear stretchy boogers on your face. My face looked a little brighter after I took it off. So far I don't see anything different, but usually you don't notice anything when it's you because you look at yourself everyday. I think I'm also going to try the extra virgin olive oil thing on my face too, people seem to be saying it works and I want to give it a try. I will leave the Vitamin E to another day :)

Any updates from you?

^ I love MGMT! :)

I've been doing the mask for around a week 1/2 or so now. I definitely think it's helping, my marks looks lighter! I'm using it in conjunction with an AHA lotion, so the two together are doing good things.

Although, when I put it on my face, it feels like I'm just rubbing water on my skin. It's not gooey or anything. But it does end up drying into a mask. Am I doing something wrong ya think?

Hahah, this is like one song I never get sick of. : )

I'm glad it's working for you. Do you use it every night?

Hmm, I don't know if you're doing it wrong. Tell me your steps. With me, I just add one egg, leave the yolk out... and squeeze half a lemon into the bowl. Then just whisk it for like a minute with a fork. At first it doesn't seem gooey, but when you put it on your face it kind of turns gooey.

Yep I use it every night. Hope my skin doesn't get used to it.

I crack an egg over an egg separator into a bowl. I juice a lemon and pour a little bit into the bowl. Then I whisk it with a fork until it's bubbly. There are a couple chunks of actual egg white in there along with just clear gooey stuff if I leave it in the fridge for a day...but I don't think they would stay on my face.

day 3, not much different but i guess by a month i should be good. Also. befor you look at yourself in the mirror( like walking up to it) imagine yourself with really bad cystic acne. i did it today and im like ey im not so bad :P:)

yeh i try that evoo stuff once a week my skins no where near as dry at all.

also when you use the bi carb do your neck aswell. cause the acv runs to your neck and you dont wanna uneven balcne. i put vitamin b on but i cant remember where :) so im gunna try it again tonight.

do you have one side of your face with bad acne/ worse

i do. its my right. i dont even sleep on it that much.

also ive eaten heaps of crap food today ):

live and love?

do you make that honey and oatmeal thing yourself?????

i read it in your regime.

I really think the mask and stuff are bringing out what's inside, especially the ACV.

But my skin was really smooth and better looking the day after. I don't know if it's cause I'm eating 1 apple a day or what. I mean it still had some acne and marks, but it looked smoother.

I also need to stop picking lol, one of my worst habits.

Oh mine's the opposite, my left side is much worse. I can't remember which side I sleep on but I try not to let my face touch the pillow.

Yea I would like to know about the honey and oatmeal too!

I don't mind putting all this natural stuff on my face, better than bp and all that! No irritation or redness/itching!

Nope it's a natural facial scrub by Queen Helene (the same company that makes the Mint Julep Masque) but I'm not going to use it on my face anymore because it's a bit too harsh for my skin, even though it did leave my face super smooth! I'm going with a gentler scrub.

*edit* BUT you definitely could make your own scrub if you mix together honey and rolled oats. Google it!

Oh, I've heard about honey and oatmeal before but I didn't know a brand carried that kind of cleanser. I don't use any cleansers for now, I'm quitting them for a while. I used to use Cetaphil but I barely see a difference from not using it. My left cheek broke out a little but I don't know why, it's not because of not using the Cetaphil though because I haven't used it for quite some time and I JUST broke out. I would still break out using it too. It's pretty frustrating to have one cheek clear and the other a mess lol, although it's better than both being a mess.

Have you guys heard of Mario Badescu? I'm using his drying lotion, it's in a little pink jar. It's not really a lotion you put on with your hands, it's like a medicine. It works super well and doesn't irritate or leave your skin itchy/red like BP does. Although, when you put it on a fresh wound, it tends to sting and if you leave it on until the next day sometimes the pink stuff sticks to your wound and it takes a while for it to come off. And you don't put it all over your face, just the spots you want to take care of.

PS. My sister just commented on how my skin's clearing up. That's a little weird, because my left cheek looks worse than it ever has lol. Oh and I miss reading my first post, I really thought I had cleared up for good.

^ I use Mario Badescu's Cucumber Lotion, and the Botanical Gel cleanser because it is the ONLY cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin and cause clogged pores. I think some of their products are pretty good. It is very smart of you to quit cleansers, I was actually just contemplating that tonight. I just have uber sensitive skin and even cleansers targeted towards that leave me dry and irritated.

What is your skin type?

Oh right, how did I miss that lol, it's in your regimen. The cucumber lotion sounds really good, I use Oil-free Neutrogena lotion (sensitive skin). I used to use the non-comedogenic Cetaphil lotion, but I felt it was a little oily and left me greasy. I have big time sensitive skin as well. If I use BP right now, my skin would turn all red and swollen. It sucks that I'm like allergic to the main ingredient of most acne medicines lol.

My skin is normal-oily. When I get to school, about halfway through I can feel my skin getting oily, so that's how I know. If I take a shower/wash my face, about a couple hours later it's not as dry anymore and produces oil. Is that even normal? lol... but it's not shiny whatsoever.

i just use olive oil once a week and my skin never dries. also moisturizer + sunblock in one by bior.

today in biology we were watching a doco on puberty. and it says the reason we get acne is because.

back in our primitive stage. we had more hair on our face like a chimp thingy. oils from the pores would make our "coat" super shiny and more attractive as this is the age we are capable of sex.

so maybe healthy food isnt that great. i dunno. im gunna google food that makes horses and dogs coats healthy and not eat it :P

egg masks are fun.

i notice your both female.

have you tried the pill?

cause that seems to work for every girl in my grade >:[

which is annoying cause it adds yet another reason to be shy.

except the girl im going to the formal with. she has beautifle skin and is the prettiest girl at the school :D

i need clear skin by the end of the year :(

i notice your both female.

have you tried the pill?

cause that seems to work for every girl in my grade >:[

which is annoying cause it adds yet another reason to be shy.

except the girl im going to the formal with. she has beautifle skin and is the prettiest girl at the school :D

i need clear skin by the end of the year :(