Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i dont take oral antibiotics, but i use antibiotic ointment a lot, and it really reduces blemishes fast. its great for sensitive dry skin because it doesnt try or irritate. the one downside is it requires reapplial several times a day, and it is shiny, do you cant go out in public with it on. but if you are just home and have time on your hands, it treats my acne spots great (its also a great thing to use overnight)

i dont take oral antibiotics, but i use antibiotic ointment a lot, and it really reduces blemishes fast. its great for sensitive dry skin because it doesnt try or irritate. the one downside is it requires reapplial several times a day, and it is shiny, do you cant go out in public with it on. but if you are just home and have time on your hands, it treats my acne spots great (its also a great thing to use overnight)

yeah true, whenever a zit pops on my face i put neosporin on it and it heals extremely quick and doesn't stay with the typical swelling of a popped zit.

i remember the first time i used it i didn't realize how shiny it was, people must have been WTF?? when they saw like a popped pimple and shiny stuff all over, thinking it was pus or something >.>

Me too! I do this ALL the time. Whenever I'm just sitting on the computer or watching TV I'll put some generic Neosporin on the popped pimples and then wipe it off if I'm going out again. At night I do this as well. If I have a huge or particularly gross one I'll put a bandaid over it & the ointment while I sleep. Also this helps if you have a big one that you want to come to a head. The moisture and bandaid a lot of times helps it come up.

I've never put it on a non-popped pimple and had it heal and go away though, is that what you are suggesting happened? I've never tried that. The only time I put it on a non-popped is when it's close to coming to a head but just won't get there.

<3 Sarah