Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I was looking for something that's effective in treating individual spots and good at reducing it before it becomes really big and bad and fills up with puss.

Has anyone tried this gel? It seems like its not too harsh on the skin which is good.

What's the best way you guys reduce your pimples? Leave it alone or apply something which helps kill it faster before it becomes nasty. thanks

I've tried tea tree oil in the past, unfortunately didn't work so well.

http://www.freederm.co.uk/our-products/freederm-gel.ashx

Personally I did not find this gel particularly helpful; it does still dry your skin out quite a bit too.

Still on the search for my cure..!

thanks a lot for your relpy. I did notice that it was on OTC, might explain why its gives dryness. Hope you find something that works, good luck.

Any natural treatments that you guys use for spot treatment?

i find freederm is great to reduce redness and swelling ..... :)

also try the freederm facewash .. i have bad acne and v sensitive skin and its the only facewash i can use without it making it worse.. as its quite gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling smooth :)

i find freederm is great to reduce redness and swelling ..... :)

also try the freederm facewash .. i have bad acne and v sensitive skin and its the only facewash i can use without it making it worse.. as its quite gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling smooth :)

thanks a bunch for the help. I also have very sensitive skin. I only wash my face with hot then cold water so I wont be trying any kind of face wash. The ones that I have tried just don't agree with my skin unfortunately, more redness and a weird feeling that I'm left over with a thin layer of slime on my face. So glad its working for ya!

Ill give a go to the spot gel on one spot. Do you just use it until the spot goes down completely? apply before bedtime?

yeah apply in the evening, i use it every day all over spots ... until they go .... :) but it is the best one ive ever tried so much better than benzoyl peroxide and less harsh on the skin!

goes kinda white though on your face lol

hope it works for u

xx

lol yeah that's why I asked, only feel comfortable applying products before bedtime. During the day I like my face to be naked. Gotta let it breathe you know! Just the face,

Thankyou very much. for your help and encouragement, Ill check it out from boots or another store. I will have to wear my baseball hat disguise when going out, I just hope my voice doesn't crack up when I ask the shop assistant for the gel. That or Ill speak in my low voice..or maybe not, the lady will probably shout out’ what's that love, You have to speak up, for your spots I cant see any spots your gorgeous you silly boy now come give us a kiss’.

My time to split.

If you're looking for more natural treatments, look at the Nutrition and Holistic health forum. There are great topics in there about supplements that can help improve breakouts.

Also look at the last link in my signature for what to do with an individual cyst/pimple/zit. Doesn't work for all but can help the redness and swelling and definitely helps the pain. Do NOT hold the ice in one spot for a long time. ;)

thanks Wynne. I will give the ice cube method a ago. It makes sense for reducing swelling and pain. Do the same with bumps from injury's right. :)

My skin is mostly clear. I just get these pesky buggers coming out of no where from time to time. I take a really good multi vitamin with added iron.Eat healthy and still end up with a few spots. :( Thanks for the tips.

Sorry random girl it didn't work well. I'm sure you'll find good help here. take care everyone.