Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Natural/Herbal Remedies

I thought I'd post a thread to publish everything I've found regarding herbal and naural stop blocks to acne and the build up of sebm in the body. Please add to this thread if anyone knows anything else. Its interesting to note that acne can be reduced by using herbal medicines and changing your diet instead of constant pill popping.

Calendula; Calendula is a very effective acne treatment. Calendula is a skin tissue healer of potential damage from the acne. But Calendula is also a natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory completely natural product. Calendula comes in cream, or water base washing formula to cleanse the acne infected skin.

Agnus Castus (Monks Pepper); The skin of acne sufferers has been found, for example, to exhibit greater activity of an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase which works to convert the male hormone, testosterone, to a more potent form called dihydrotestosterone and in some sufferers, Agnus castus can help reduce this.

Devils Claw; Devil's Claw is also claimed to be beneficial for treating diseases of the liver, kidneys, gallbladder and bladder, arthritis and rheumatism. It has antiinflammatory effects and can balance some hormonal problems.

Zinc; First, zinc facilitates the production and regulation of about 200 hormones in your body, and one of that is testosterone. Second, zinc is closely involved in protein synthesis and in collagen formation in your body, both of which are essential in the maintenance of healthy skin and in normalizing production of skin oils. If you have been to a dermatologist and have been advised to take tetracycline, you may find it interesting that zinc is as effective as this antibiotic for preventing acne.

Vitamin A (Retinol); vitamin A can control or modify the steps involved in creating acne lesions. One of those steps involves improper shedding of skin cells. Vitamin A can help improve how the pores remove dead skin cells and this reduces the chances of developing clogged pores that encourage surplus growth of the acne activating bacteria Propionibactium acnes.

Vitamin E; Vitamin E regulates the retinol level in humans. Decreases in retinol levels cause the oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids in the cell, which causes toxic effects in the cell. Vitamin E curbs this oxidation process and restores normal levels of retinal. The acne in both men and women improve with vitamin E treatment.

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid); Has similar properties to Vitamin E, vitamin C also boosts immune system and kills bacteria and virus in the body.

Alpha Lipoic Acid; The main function of the alpha lipoic acid is to boost the levels of gluthathione, which is responsible for dissolving toxic substances in the liver.

Dimethylaminoethanol; DMAE is an analog of the B vitamin choline and is a precursor of acetylcholine.

Apologies if a similar post has already been made.

It appears that while no one single herb will cure acne I think a combination of a few and a good diet will limit sebum and acne. My skin is farily good after years of using medications and I trust natural remedies and herbs 100%. I owe my good skin to remedies and supplements that contain the herbs/vitamins/minerals listed above!

I agree with the concern supplements regarding acne treatment.There are many natural and herbal remedies for better health.Vitamin E regulates the retinol level in humans. Decreases in retinol levels cause the oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids in the cell, which causes toxic effects in the cell. Vitamin E curbs this oxidation process and restores normal levels of retinal. The acne in both men and women improve with vitamin E treatment.