Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm considering a no-product regimen. I am not very educated on how to fight acne effectively though. I am currently using proactiv for the past 4 months with average results. I have mild acne, nothing too serious but it's deffinitley visible.

Heres what I plan on doing.

-Wash face 5 times a day(Morning, Afternoon, Night, and after my workouts)

-Exfoliate Skin 2-3 times a week(I have never exfoliated before, how do I do this? Do I only need an exfoliating cloth?)

-Vitamins(I currently have Premium Performance Multivitamin by Kirkland)

-Fish Oil(GNC bottle, Fish Body Oils with GLA)

The reason I am doing this is because I hear that all of these acne products are "addictive" in the sense that if you stop using them, you break out worse than before. I don't want to have to rely on using a product every single day in order for my skin to be clear. Is this true that if you use a product, your face becomes use to it and if you stop using it you break out bad?

Also, when washing my face 5 times a day, what do you recommend soap wise? Like I said, I do not want to use any acne products that will make my skin use to it and then if I suddenly stop using said acne product I will break out. As of now, I plan to wash my face 4 times without any soap(lukewarm water only) and the last time I wash it, when I take a shower, I will use a body wash soap. Most likely, the soap used will be something like Dial, High Endurance or Irish Spring. Are these soaps going to harm my face or will the be helpful? Any soap suggestions?

Lastly, should I use a washcloth on my face when I shower? I heard that it irritates the skin, but I feel like if I scrub it will clean more and get deeper in the pores. Anybody have a clue?

Please add any suggestions to this very basic/beginner created routine. I can use all the help I can get.

Plus, I don't think I am adequate on the vitamin department, I feel like I should be taking something else...

Ah, I talk too much, any answers/suggestions would be great. Thanks.