Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I never really thought about this before but i get alot of colds, the one ive got now has gone on for weeks and i keep on sneezing and having a blocked nose. Everytime i go round to my mates im sneezing and he always comments i always have a cold. Im guessing this means i have a weak immune system so what can i use to try and improve it?

I never really thought about this before but i get alot of colds, the one ive got now has gone on for weeks and i keep on sneezing and having a blocked nose. Everytime i go round to my mates im sneezing and he always comments i always have a cold. Im guessing this means i have a weak immune system so what can i use to try and improve it?

Improving your digestive system is supposed to help the immune system a lot. I've heard it called the "first line of defense" against all the toxins, bacteria and viruses our bodies are hit with.

Take lots of Vitamin C.

Be sure you have a cold and not allergies. I constantly have a stuffy nose and seem to sneeze quite a bit but it is due to allergies (for which I don't think Vitamin C will help).

Take lots of Vitamin C.

Be sure you have a cold and not allergies. I constantly have a stuffy nose and seem to sneeze quite a bit but it is due to allergies (for which I don't think Vitamin C will help).

I'll take note of the allergies thing and see if it is due to anything inparticular. I eat foods like pineapple and strawberries a fair bit so should already be getting alot of vitamin c, but i know i have times when i eat alot of them but also times when i just stop eating them for a while. I'll try to keep eating foods packed with vitamin c for abit and see if it can help.

Thanks

Yeah, check out the allergy possibility. Spring brings tree pollens and they are notoriously difficult for some of us to handle. Do you have a website like pollen.com in the UK? It's great because you can track what is floating around and in what amounts and rule out/rule in what you think could be bothering you.

EDIT: A "cold" is actually a virus that proliferates at a colder temperature. You'd have antibodies and wouldn't keep getting the same one over and over. I'd be pretty willing to bet that what you have is most likely to be an allergy or sensitivity.