Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I sit here, stuffing my face with fig newtons, and drowning my sorrows in pepsi, as I reflect on the night that just passed.

I was over with a few friends hanging out. They were all drinking I wasn't. This girl that I had never met before came over to the house, and she wasn't drinking either. She was perfect for me. She was beautiful. She seemed super sweet and I really wish I had TRIED to get to know her a little, but no, I chickened out like always. We were the only two sober people in the house, that would have been a good topic starter, or something. We were playing poker and I busted out first. The girl wasn't playing, so there was another great opportunity to try and talk with her once again. But, she was sitting next to this loud, obnoxious guy, with people all around. I dunno. She seemed soooo nice. damn. I should have tried. Hmm a whole night goes by and I don't say a word to her, but I could still get in contact with her, maybe, through a friend. That would be pretty weird, but hey, if a girl is that perfect, I guess the embarrasment I might face is a risk worth taking.

Damn, my swagger wasn't strong tonight.

I've done that loads of times, its a bad mistake coz in my experience, when i don't talk to a girl i end up thinking about her for aaages after and it takes me aaages to get over her so my advice to you is, try and find out who she is and if she might be going to any other parties you know of, if not next time you see a girl you like...go talk to her otherwise you will regret it :)

I can't relate exactly to this, well kind of. Ya see I just got dumped by my partner of almost a year, she said that she just doesn't feel about me like she used to - I'm so worried it's the acne, I don't have the guts to ask her if that's why, but I feel terrible because I've had acne since before we even met but it's getting better (I'm on my last month of accutane, but I have so many red marks it appears I still have the same severe acne as I've always had) I'm worried that she's leaving me because I look so bad. I love her she just doesn't love me anymore. She said she didn't know why it happened exactly, said it wasn't my fault or anything but I think she's just being kind as usual and doesn't want to tell me it's because I'm so hideous. Now I'm way insecure because all I can think about is, would she still love me if my skin was clear?

And now, my confidence has been hit so hard I don't even have the courage to fight for our relationship. I can't even talk to her because I feel so horrible about the way I look to her.

Thanks for reading, sorry I guess I'm just venting.

Nothing to worry about. You'll find another seemingly perfect girl in the future. Don't let it slip away next time. Being rejected is better than kicking yourself the next day.

EDIT: What's with the name change and message under your avatar? It's just one girl. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Can I state the obvious - How do you know (in your words) she is perfect for you? You didn't even talk to her! Man you're going to spend the next however long thinkin about this girl and you could have talked her up in your head to be this amazing person but you don't even know because you didn't talk to her!

But if you really want to get in contact with her, through her friend or whatever, I'd just say go for it, what's the worst that can happen, you spend the next few weeks wondering why you didn't talk to the 'perfect' girl?? ;) At least if she rejects you, you know she wasn't perfect for you.

Good luck

no pain no gain. i lost count of how many times i got rejected, even before i had acne. lol, man i was obnoxious.

acne has positively impacted my perspective on life. i hope these effects won't fade after my acne is gone.

respect.

lol I knew I'd get flamed for saying she was "perfect" haha, when I hadn't even talked to her. No this chick was really cool tho, she was helping people out throughout the night, like when they dropped something on the floor, she would pick it up for them, and I could tell how sweet she was by the way she talked to OTHER people. She was also kinda, sorta, shy which, once again makes her perfect for me. And I heard she had recently broken up with someone who was a fugly dude, so I guess I might have actually had a chance. And she was a veterinarian, so we both liked animals. And she was really cute. So yeah , she was kinda perfect, like wifey material. Oh well, maybe I'll surprise myself and talk to her somehow.

maybe if you have a friend that does know her, you guys could set up a group get together, & talk to her when she's not surrounded by too many people.

i think the first conversation is always the most nerve-wracking and then it gets much easier from there.

if you smile when you approach her and are sincerely interested in what she's saying, chances are she'll want to get to know you more, too.

You gotta be like screw this and be the man. I mean what do you have to lose?

If it doesn't work you move on.

You got to bonk her and nothing should get in your way.

these chances come and go, ive let them slip sooooo many times 2, but honestly i wouldnt know if i would have acted different if i was clear..

but u know, why see this oppertunity as a failed one? you know how this girl looks right? maybe you know somebody who knows her? you could still try to get in contact with her.. and might this not be possible, then dont worry you'll get enough of this chances.

i totally screwed up the first time with my girlfriend 2 :P but i still managed to make it work, dont give up too fast!

As what I say to myself, you got to learn from your mistakes and dont do them again. Learn from them and do what you wouldnt have next time.

lol y didnt you try??, because of acne? or what, or because ur just a scared guy?....girls are human mate..only when you worship them do they feel the need to behave like they are God....that goes for guys too.........soo doo what you have to do and nxt time u might come on here saying 'u got her' not lost her HEHE

read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Sec...s/dp/0060554738

it's an introduction to the good/bad things related to picking up women.

and no, this is not a book of pickup lines. lol pickup is not pickup lines. don't ever make that connection

take from this book:

1. how to boost self confidence to talk to women

2. how to approach social interactions that would normally be difficult and awkward

there are a lot of specific info in this book and others like that can't be applied to every day life. but the boosting of confidence and abilities to traverse the sea of social interaction is the best thing you can learn from it.

i read it and it was very inspiring to me

Scott has no game :lol: thats funny

but i know how you feel because this happens to me all the time

if you're never gonna see the girl again then it doesn't matter if she turns you down

it's better to have tried and failed but like most advice it's easier said than done.

Sometimes its hard to find the balls to take that first step

because nobody wants to make a fool of themselves or get rejected in public

but you cant kill yourself thinking about what might have been.

Learn from the mistakes you make and try your best not the make them again.