Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read the review on ziana gel on here, but it just didn't satisfy me. The one con that I've heard a good number of times, that really unnerves me is that it actually causes acne? Not in the oils my skin case, but that it pushes bacteria up and out or something?

Point is, spring break is coming soon, and I'm going on vacation, so besides sun burn from Ziana, I'd also rather not have even worse acne than I do now. My acne's beginning to clear up, and all I've been doing is sticking to my over the counter stuff and eating little sugar anymore.

I'm wondering if taking Ziana is worth it? Does it cause redness/acne? If so, how bad? If it does cause excessive redness/acne how long does it take for it to reverse this effect? Should I take it before spring break (one week from now) and stop during spring break, then resume after or other options? Or should I just stick to what I'm doing because my acne, for the most part, has cleared up pretty good?

I've posted before that I loved Ziana at first because it didn't burn my skin when I put it on. However, my face peeled so badly I couldn't even go to work. It irritated my existing breakouts. It made my face red and itchy. I still have a practically full tube of it because I just had to stop. Just for reference, I put up with the peeling and irritation from Retin-A Micro for over a year - I'm not just being wimpy. There are other topicals out there that don't make things worse; I'm not sure why derms expect people to irritate their already irritated skin even more.

I was recently using ziana with mild improvement for the first week or so only to revert back to mild acne. I didn't get much redness but my skin has gotten pretty used to medications over the years, if you're going to be out in the sun and trying to enjoy yourself i probably wouldn't risk using it just yet, but maybe give it a try when you're home. good luck!

I had a very positive experience with ziana.

It worked better than every other topical I have tried and better than the two antibiotics. I was pretty sad that after about a year of use it pretty much stopped working on my face. I don't remember my acne getting any worse with it than starting any other new topical (both prescription and OTC). It does feel really gross and sticky though.

With me and two friends of mine, this product worked at first but then stopped working. They had mild acne and mine was moderate at the time and the Ziana never made my skin clear, it just reduced breakouts. I think there are better products out there.

I've just started using it and so far so good. It doesn't irritate my skin and my skin is looking clear. I'm always skeptical of new medications, so for now I won't give it a full thumbs up.