Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so I've been meaning to start one of these for awhile now but just haven't got around to it. I hope I log in it every day so at the end of my treatment I can see my progress.

I went to the dermatologist on the 9th of March. I took my first pill on the 14th. He prescribed me 2 40MG per day of Sotret, but the pharmacy was out of that so I'm taking Claravis.

Today is DAY 14!

A quick update on my progress so far. I started out with lots of red marks and a few actives. Within the first 4 days I had a IB with lots of cysts :sick: . That went on up until day 12 and since then I think it has been healing. Right now my face is probably one of the worst it has ever been but it's okay cause I know in 4 or 5 months I will be clear! :clap:

I'm using Aveeno to moisturize my face, lubriderm for the rest of my body, and Aquaphor for my lips and nose.

The side effects I have experienced so far are really dry lips, bloody nose from dry nose, I had a mild head ache the first few days but that is now gone, I work out everyday and I have noticed I get really sore and have joint aches while working out, stomach/chest soreness when I work out occasionally but nothing to serious that I would think about quitting.

Here are some pic of March 10th.. 4 days before my first pill. I will post pics every month.

post-79072-1238306084_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1238306128_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1238306138_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1238306084_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1238306128_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1238306138_thumb.jpg

Day 15

Everything looks about the same as yesterday. I got one new whitehead on my jaw. Nothing too serious. No crazy side effects. I'm really hoping I'm going to be one of those people who gets there initial breakout at the beginning and has clear sailing the rest of the time. :pray:

Hey wassup?

I started 80 mg on march 18th, and on the third day huge cysts were popping out all over my cheeks. The acne that I thought were healing started to become active again. I think the reason why I broke out so much was because I was using a BP cleanser. I heard later on that BP cancels out the accutane and that's why I broke out even more. Or maybe it was just the IB. Everything is dry. I put white tooth paste on the active cysts at night and dries it up a lot quicker. I moisturize everyday, and use sunblock.

At first I thought I wouldn't get affected by the side effects of accutane. But this weekend I think I suffered from slight depression. Maybe its because its during stressful times (exam period), I got angry a lot quicker and I became a little more impatient. What was suppose to be an enjoyable weekend for me, only became the opposite. I had about 2 beers this weekend and it weirdest feeling ever. I couldn't think straight and I lost focus. I couldn't even socialize like I used to. This is probably the last time im ever drinking on accutane again. I felt like shit. Oh yeah I also get tired very easily, even during parties.

Today, I felt fine after I got on top of my school work. I'm not as aggravated as I was on the weekend. I'm just gonna try to stay positive and not let the medicine side effects get the best of me. My face looks a lot better than it was last week. I'm using emu oil right now and it works great so far. I got a few white heads here and there but the cysts i had are healing (thanks to white toothpaste and lots of moisturizing).

Well I wish you the best of luck. We can get through this. lol.

finding_naman: It sounds like were going through the same thing. I really hope this is my big breakout and after this everything clears up.. haaa but your right, we can get through this.

DAY 16

So today was a bad day for my face :doubt:

I woke up and my face just looked a lot more red and overall my complexion was horrible.. Me and a friend went to pass out flyers and I forgot to put lotion on my face(in Utah it's really dry, especially in the winter) and when I got home and looked in the mirror my face was peeling everywhere! This is by far the worst my skin has ever looked and it's really kind of a let down! Also I got a bad pain in my lower back that makes me feel like i'm 80! haha

TAKEN SO FAR: 1360MG

Day 17

Today was better...

Woke up this morning and everything looked a lot better as far as complexion goes. Cysts aren't as visible as yesterday but it feels like little balls under my skin. There really hard :confused:. When I got home today I had a few pimples fill up with puss? Was kinda weird I thought. Bought this Rite Aid Dry Skin Cream. I guess I'll see how it goes. I couldn't afford Cetaphil today. lol I'm already paying $500/month just for the accutane cause I don't have insurance :| .

TAKEN SO FAR: 1440MG

DAY 18

Accutane works in a strangeee wayy..

Today I woke up and my complexion went horrible again! A few whiteheads lost their heads and turned into red bumps too! It's kinda sad to see my face this bad and I kind of notice I'm trying to avoid people, but it's not cause I'm depressed, but cause I'm just embarrassed of the state of my face right now. lol.. I'm staying positive! In 5 months I will be finally freeee!

DAY 19

It is pretty late!

Today I woke up and things looked a lot better. The right side of my face doesn't have any actives, the left side has some stuff going on towards the upper cheek. This moisturizing cream is making my skin sooo soft! I love it. Under my neck is prettyy ehhhhhh.. Lots of red stuff... Until tomorrow, I'm outttt.

hey thats cool.

i am on accutane and i have worse than you haha

your acne looks like red spots and those will disappear around month 2 - 4

keep going

dont give up

accutane works weird but thats just it telling your body to get rid of the current skin and overturn a new layer. x

robertkesic: My acne is getting terrible on this accutane! lol I believe we will both get clear tho.

Day 23

Can you over moisturize?

Okay so this weekend my skin looked good some days and horrible the next. Today it looked ridiculous.. really red, big cysts on my neck. :eh: Is it possible to over moisturize to make things worst while on accutane? Sometimes when I apply moisturizer it actually stings! I wonder what thats all about? I go and see the derm next week and I'll post some pictures. They'll probably be worst then the first ones cuz of these huge cysts :cry:

i don't think you can over moisturize. it probably stings because

a. your skin is so dry.

or b. your skin is sensitive to your moisturizer.

actually i think you can over moisturize, if you excessively moisturize then some of it wont deposit right into your pores, giving your face a geasy or shiny look, and sometimes dirt or bacteria will accumalate in it. Not only that but since your on Accutane, your skin is getting used to how much oil its creating, its also getting used to how much moisturizer you're putting on, if I were you I'd stop using Aveeno and get Cerave Moisturizing Lotion, you can get it all Walgreens and possibly Walmart. It's "controlled-release" so it knows when your skin is dry. Since you're on Accutane, theres something in your moisturizer thats probably not reacting well with how sensitive your skin is.

myresults_xnow: Thanks, I Think it's probaby the rite aid cream I bought!

HCS: I think your exactly right, I'm going to stop using the Rite Aid cream I bought the other day. I'm also going to try and get that cerave lotion and I want to try that Eucerin cream.

Thanks for the replys!

Day 24

Skin wasn't the best, but still a good day.

So today I woke up and like usual had a few more whiteheads and cysts looked a little more healed. Today I decided I wasn't going to let my skin get me down and stopped hiding from everyone... lol I'm positive accutane will cure me. I shaved tonight for the first time tonight in like a week and a half(full beard) and after I couldnt believe how smooth my skin was. I haven't felt it that smooth for a veryy long time! One step at a timeee

Day 25

I'm on the last blister pack!

So day i finished up the 5th blister pack of pills and I'm on the last one for the month until I refill! Today was a good day. I woke up with nothin new and everything healed pretty good last night! The biggest cyst of them all is flaking off! If I wanted i could just peel it off but i'm sure that will leave a scar so i'll just let it fall off on its own! I test drove a 350z today. I think I'm going to buy one in the next few weeks. I'm sick of filling up my truck almost everyday. haha well hope everyone else is doing well.

Day 27

Only time will tell..

The last two days haven't been very good for my face. A few more whiteheads... this ridiculous one that was on my nose that I had to pop haha. That cyst that I thought was falling off hasn't yet :[ I think it's coming back alive! My face isn't nearly as bad as the first 2 weeks but it's not close to clear which I didn't expect yet. I'm still staying positive! I still have 3 more days of month 1! I see the derm on Monday and I hope to stay on 80MG which I assume I will. I think the worst might be over. :dance:

SO FAR: 2160MG

Day 30

End of Month 1.

So I took my last pill of month 1 tonight. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the derm. I think I'm staying on 80mg per day. At least I hope so.

Skins looking better. It's still not even as good as it was before I started but the IB is healing up. I'm still getting a few whiteheads here and there. These cysts that go and then come back alive are what is killing me! Does anybody have any advice on how to kill those for good? My complexion is looking better. Lots of red marks on my face. It seems like from my mouth down my skin is REALLY smooth and then above that it gets kinda rough and I have a few cysts.

Nothing too really complain about. I'm not noticing any side effects right now besides the drying of course. Stay positive everyone! Only 4-5 Months!

Yes, I noticed that too! A cyst will finally go away, and then its gets plumped right back up with fluid. Wow! Makes me think, how much oil/dirt was really in there to begin with?

You're a tropper! I'm scared to go up to 60mg next month, I can't even imagine how it'll be at 8omg! Way to go, chasedyson!

tbooth

tbooth: We need to figure out a way to kill them! haha and I think you'll be fine with 60MG. I haven't had any side effects that are even close to bad. The worst thing is that my face peels sometimes if I don't moisturize enough but with proper moisturizing I'm perfectly fine!

Day 31

iPhone for accutane!

So this weekend I sold my iPhone to get money to continue accutane! haha It's sad news but my face being clear is more important! The good news is my grandpa is willing to pay the rest of the course if I start seeing a little bit of improvements this month! So start clearing me accutane!

As far as my face goes. Derm told me he doesn't think I will have any scarring! I'm pretty stoked about that! I'm probably back to how I was before I started. Just a few actives and then a couple cysts that never die and red marks.

I'm continuing the 80MG a day for the next month and probably for the rest of my course! I'm pretty excited and I'm feeling confident that accutane will eliminate my acne!

[i know I promised pictures at the 1 month point but the problem is that I sold my only camera(iPhone). I will try and borrow my mom's when I see her and get a few shots of this ridiculousness!]

tbooth: We need to figure out a way to kill them! haha and I think you'll be fine with 60MG. I haven't had any side effects that are even close to bad. The worst thing is that my face peels sometimes if I don't moisturize enough but with proper moisturizing I'm perfectly fine!

Day 31

iPhone for accutane!

So this weekend I sold my iPhone to get money to continue accutane! haha It's sad news but my face being clear is more important! The good news is my grandpa is willing to pay the rest of the course if I start seeing a little bit of improvements this month! So start clearing me accutane!

As far as my face goes. Derm told me he doesn't think I will have any scarring! I'm pretty stoked about that! I'm probably back to how I was before I started. Just a few actives and then a couple cysts that never die and red marks.

I'm continuing the 80MG a day for the next month and probably for the rest of my course! I'm pretty excited and I'm feeling confident that accutane will eliminate my acne!

[i know I promised pictures at the 1 month point but the problem is that I sold my only camera(iPhone). I will try and borrow my mom's when I see her and get a few shots of this ridiculousness!]

Wow, that's crazy. How much are you selling your iphone for? lol is it the old one or the 3G?

Yeah I've been getting those bumps filled with fluids too. I think its starting to go away though. Its been a month for me on 80mg of accutane too, and my biggest problem is chapped lips. Its uncontrollable! My face looks a lot better, i still have scars but I'm using emu oil to heal it.

Day 37

It was a 8GB 3G iPhone and I sold it for $450.

So I've been working a lot and my job is a landscaping job out in the sun. The first few days I used a 25spf sun screen and applied it probably 3-4 times a day and I got burnt REALLLY bad. My back got blisters :doubt: I took the last two days off too try and heal from it and I bought some 100spf sun screen and will probably wear a light long sleeve shirt most of the time.

The face: It's looking better. Before I got burnt the skin tone looked like it was improving but the sun burn kind of made it look a little weird.. Had maybe 3 whiteheads pop up during the last week but they were gone within 2 days. Right now my only real big problem is I have 3 cysts on my right side of my neck and 1 of them is really big and the other 2 are dying I think.. Other then that I'm confident the accutane will knock it out! I'm excited to see where I'm at in month 5!

I'll try and get some updated pics soon but I don't know when i'll get a hold of a decent camera.

Good luck to you all!

Day 37

It was a 8GB 3G iPhone and I sold it for $450.

So I've been working a lot and my job is a landscaping job out in the sun. The first few days I used a 25spf sun screen and applied it probably 3-4 times a day and I got burnt REALLLY bad. My back got blisters :doubt: I took the last two days off too try and heal from it and I bought some 100spf sun screen and will probably wear a light long sleeve shirt most of the time.

The face: It's looking better. Before I got burnt the skin tone looked like it was improving but the sun burn kind of made it look a little weird.. Had maybe 3 whiteheads pop up during the last week but they were gone within 2 days. Right now my only real big problem is I have 3 cysts on my right side of my neck and 1 of them is really big and the other 2 are dying I think.. Other then that I'm confident the accutane will knock it out! I'm excited to see where I'm at in month 5!

I'll try and get some updated pics soon but I don't know when i'll get a hold of a decent camera.

Good luck to you all!

Day 40

Stand Still

Everythings just staying the samee.. 1 whitehead popped up yesterday but is already gone.. These cysts are just flat but still staying.. I hope that means there leaving soon. If I didn't have those I would be pretty happy. Moisturizing everyday has almost eliminated all the red marks I have in the pictures before I started. I wish there was a way to help these cysts along. They don't hurt or anything. They just look red and flat. ha.. I guess only time will tell!

:]

Day 42

Hmmm

So over the last 2 days I've had a few new bumps :[.. I hope they leave soon. They don't hurt or anything so that's good. My face is still really smooth besides where these new bumps are. Last night I got pretty drunk and I felt fine today.. One thing I did notice though was that I woke up really thirsty probably 3 or 4 times and each time I drank at least a glass and a half. When the bumps are gone and it's just red marks it feels really good. When everythings gone I can't imagine how happy i'll feeel! Well good luck to you accutaners.

Day 95

So it's been a very long time since I have reported on here. I apologize.

Right now my face is doing pretty well. I don't have any active pimples but just like 3 lingering red bumps and then just some red scars that are fading quickly. I had a 2 week period where I couldnt fill my prescription cause the derm messed it up but during that 2 week period my face actually got better cause it wasn't so dry. After starting back up I got a small breakout. I guess i'm only on Month 4 but it seems like I've been on for longer haha. I'm very positive that by the time I finish I will be completely acne free cause I mean.. I almost am. lol

The worst thing I'm dealing with right now is the red blotchyness and being so white cause of not being out in the sun.

Does anyone have any advice on tanning with accutane? Maybe for like half the time you normally would? Has anyone tried the gradual tanning lotion? Does it look weird if you put it over blotchy skin?

Well here's a pic of about 2 weeks ago.

post-79072-1245372565_thumb.jpg

post-79072-1245372565_thumb.jpg

Day 101

Not to much to say.. Everythings going great :]

My face has 0 active pimples. All I have is redness and scars that are healing upp! I'm still going to try and stay on the full 6 month course.

I've had 2 bloody noses in the past week which is weird cause I hadn't had one since the first few weeks. My skins cuts and burns veryyyy easily. My lips are usually pretty chapped and I've noticed some hair coming out lol. Honestly though it's not bad at all and it probably sounds a lot worst then it is. I think what accutane has done for me so far is amazing and I highly recommend it. I've found out from talking to some of my friends that 4 of them have used it and they all have perfect skin now.

I've drank at least once every weekend the last two months and haven't had any negative side effects at all. I'm still trying to stay away from it though. It's just hard being in college and being around it so much.

I'm still looking for a way to get tan cause if I was tan I would be 100% happy with my skin right now. haha So if anyone has any advice, let me know!

I'd like to know also I'm on 80mg/day started may 15th so I'm a little ways behind you...

I'm looking pale also and was wondering if it would hurt to tan like 20 minutes every day and very gradually get tanner...?? or if it would still make you like red as tomato and start flaking?