Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

is purging a good sign on any regimen?

I know on dans regimen we use a cleanser, BP, moisturizer and purging is normal and leads to clear skin in months time.

im on a regimen with a 2.5 BP cleanser, toner, 3.7 BP lotion, and an aveeno moisturizer(morning and night)

first few days my chin and forehead improved. my forhead is still improving after 7 days, but in the last couple days my chin has gotten a few more whiteheads and some white heads under my nose.

is this a good sign? should I stick with it? the purging didnt start until I added the moisturizer but it does its job and controls flakes so i dont think thats why im purging

I just started on the regimen about 3-4 weeks ago and it has been slowly progressing but improving nonetheless. I think you should re-think the products that you are using because they're not exactly what the Regimen suggests, especially the 2.5BP Cleanser. Kern reviewed Proactiv and it has a BP Cleanser as well and he said it was overkill and with your 3.7BP lotion it sounds like that might be an issue for you as well. The regimen just asks for a very gentle cleanser like cetaphil so you might want to try that out since they are usually pretty inexpensive...you can even buy those travel sizes just to try it first but I'd recommend just getting a bigger bottle because Cetaphil is usually gentle enough for anyone.

When I was in the purging stage I started to get one or two cystic pimples (one that was bigger than any I'd ever had before) on my chin or forehead and an occasional whitehead on my chin as well. They would heal pretty quick though.

I don't think the moisturizer is doing it either, but you might be going overboard with the BP so that's why the skin is reacting to it.

I started the regimen with Cetaphil, Proactiv 2.5 BP, and Lush Cosmetic Lad Moisturizer (it's on the medium-heavy side but has calming ingredients which really helped with soothing the BP irritation). I just received Acne.org BP gel and would highly recommend it. It doesn't have any scent and the pump is very convenient.

Hope it works out for you!

I just started on the regimen about 3-4 weeks ago and it has been slowly progressing but improving nonetheless. I think you should re-think the products that you are using because they're not exactly what the Regimen suggests, especially the 2.5BP Cleanser. Kern reviewed Proactiv and it has a BP Cleanser as well and he said it was overkill and with your 3.7BP lotion it sounds like that might be an issue for you as well. The regimen just asks for a very gentle cleanser like cetaphil so you might want to try that out since they are usually pretty inexpensive...you can even buy those travel sizes just to try it first but I'd recommend just getting a bigger bottle because Cetaphil is usually gentle enough for anyone.

When I was in the purging stage I started to get one or two cystic pimples (one that was bigger than any I'd ever had before) on my chin or forehead and an occasional whitehead on my chin as well. They would heal pretty quick though.

I don't think the moisturizer is doing it either, but you might be going overboard with the BP so that's why the skin is reacting to it.

I started the regimen with Cetaphil, Proactiv 2.5 BP, and Lush Cosmetic Lad Moisturizer (it's on the medium-heavy side but has calming ingredients which really helped with soothing the BP irritation). I just received Acne.org BP gel and would highly recommend it. It doesn't have any scent and the pump is very convenient.

Hope it works out for you!

thanks for the great reply! I will stop with this regimen soon, because I know its not gonna work out. its like proactiv part 2(proactiv sucked for me)

what if I used a gentle cleanser, 2.5 BP stridex PADS, and a gentle moisturizer? I really want to try BP pads, because I have a feeling it would work better than a gel. or if the pads wouldnt be strong enough, could I use my 10% BP oxy cleanser with it(that cleanser has helped but never had a finishing touch to it)

You could try the pads, but if you're trying to do Dan's regimen, you'll need a cream or gel BP. I don't think the pads'll cut it. As someone pointed out in another thread where you mentioned using the Stridex pads, a big part of why The Regimen works so well is the fact that it calls for much larger doses of BP than are commonly used. You won't be able to get those doses with the pads.

It's a good idea to switch over to a gentle, non-medicated cleanser, though.

You could try the pads, but if you're trying to do Dan's regimen, you'll need a cream or gel BP. I don't think the pads'll cut it. As someone pointed out in another thread where you mentioned using the Stridex pads, a big part of why The Regimen works so well is the fact that it calls for much larger doses of BP than are commonly used. You won't be able to get those doses with the pads.

It's a good idea to switch over to a gentle, non-medicated cleanser, though.

yeah, im gonna try to get my parents to let me get the regimen. Theve finally gotten irritated by all the products I get, and how I switch ever couple weeks cause nothing works. with the regimen I know it takes time, which is what im trying to convince them.

Haha, I understand. I had to prove to my boyfriend that The Regimen worked before he'd order Dan's BP for me.

Why don't you try The Regimen out for a few months using Neutrogena On The Spot as your BP? It's available in stores, so you won't have to have your parents order it for you, and it works just fine. I used it for the first seven months I was on The Regimen and had great results.

Then, if you can show them that The Regimen is working using store-bought products, maybe they'll be more open to ordering Dan's products for you.

Haha, I understand. I had to prove to my boyfriend that The Regimen worked before he'd order Dan's BP for me.

Why don't you try The Regimen out for a few months using Neutrogena On The Spot as your BP? It's available in stores, so you won't have to have your parents order it for you, and it works just fine. I used it for the first seven months I was on The Regimen and had great results.

Then, if you can show them that The Regimen is working using store-bought products, maybe they'll be more open to ordering Dan's products for you.

that makes a lot of sense because as I type im looking at the Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion moisturizer with SPF15 and some AHA in it. cerave cleanser, on the spot, and the healthy skin face lotion may work. since the healthy skin face lotion has some AHA,I wont need to buy dans AHA right?

I think you'd be better off if you held off on using anything with AHA for a little while. Find yourself a nice, basic moisturizer. Then, after you've been on The Regimen for a month or so, add in the AHA if you want.

I actually didn't use any AHA at all for the first seven months I was on The Regimen, and it still worked great. You don't have to use AHA. But if you're going to, don't use it until your skin has had a little while to adjust to The Regimen.

I think you'd be better off if you held off on using anything with AHA for a little while. Find yourself a nice, basic moisturizer. Then, after you've been on The Regimen for a month or so, add in the AHA if you want.

I actually didn't use any AHA at all for the first seven months I was on The Regimen, and it still worked great. You don't have to use AHA. But if you're going to, don't use it until your skin has had a little while to adjust to The Regimen.

that makes sense. I'll listen to you, because youve been a big help lol. I was thinking that maybe it would work faster if I used all neutrogena?

cleanser-

this is a soap with good reviews

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21234

this is a cleanser with amazing reviews

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21228

another soap but this has great reviews

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21189

BP

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=13549

moisturizer

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod....amp;catid=21503

I dont know which cleanser to pick but whats your view on this potential regimen?

If Neutrogena stuff works for you, go for it. Don't think that you have to stick to all one brand, though. I use either a Dove exfoliating bar or Cetaphil cleanser, Dan's BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer.

Sometimes mixing and matching works better, because then you can find the products that work the best for your skin without being limited to a particular brand.

Just find products that work well, be they Neutrogena or not. : )

You can look up user reviews of different products here: http://www.acne.org/rate.php

If Neutrogena stuff works for you, go for it. Don't think that you have to stick to all one brand, though. I use either a Dove exfoliating bar or Cetaphil cleanser, Dan's BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer.

Sometimes mixing and matching works better, because then you can find the products that work the best for your skin without being limited to a particular brand.

Just find products that work well, be they Neutrogena or not. : )

You can look up user reviews of different products here: http://www.acne.org/rate.php

thanks, sorry i edited the above post with a couple cleansers and my regimen, and wanted your oppinion on it.

All those products look fine to me. I've only ever used the NOTS, though, so I can't really say for certain. It all comes down to how your skin reacts to them, you know?

All those products look fine to me. I've only ever used the NOTS, though, so I can't really say for certain. It all comes down to how your skin reacts to them, you know?

yeah. I looked at the link and now theres so many options to choose from lol.

thank you for all the help!!

can i have a link for NOTS. I never heard of it.

Haha, yes you have. NOTS is just the abbreviation for Neutrogena On The Spot--the BP you linked to. ; )

hahaha. I really do learn something new everyday

lol my mum was getting pissed too.. after haeps of products and then ordering proactiv (x 2) failed, i was beggin my mum to take me to see a doctor coz my frend said he got some sort of pills which helped his acne heaps but he was a way serious case than mine...

but i was like what the heck so i xfered my money to paypal from my bank then i ordered it.. my mum doesnt really know that i got it LoLolol.. maybe when im full clear ill tell her (soon hopefully so she can gimme some money back xP).. if u got a bank account pay lpal is pretty straight forward to use :)

lol my mum was getting pissed too.. after haeps of products and then ordering proactiv (x 2) failed, i was beggin my mum to take me to see a doctor coz my frend said he got some sort of pills which helped his acne heaps but he was a way serious case than mine...

but i was like what the heck so i xfered my money to paypal from my bank then i ordered it.. my mum doesnt really know that i got it LoLolol.. maybe when im full clear ill tell her (soon hopefully so she can gimme some money back xP).. if u got a bank account pay lpal is pretty straight forward to use :)

good plan lol.

Ah, the days when I had to ask my sister to use her credit card so I could order stuff online. I sympathize. lol.

Ah, the days when I had to ask my sister to use her credit card so I could order stuff online. I sympathize. lol.

im the oldest, or else I would do that haha