Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

Are you jealous of your clear-skinned brother/sisters?

When we were little, I had the fair skin and my brother was darker. I was the cuter one and everyone loves me. Now that we're older (me 20 and him 17), he has clear skin and I have acne. When relatives come over, everyone complements him on his good looks and I get ignored. I don't say anything but it breaks my heart inside, ya know.

What about you?

ive got 2 sisters, both of em have acne just like me.

my oldest sister gets of pretty good actually, but my youngest sister is 11 now and is already starting to get acne, and as much as i hate my face because of my acne, i would without a doubt take her acne as well if i could.

its just so sad to see her come back from school, and tell my mother what her classmates said about her face, it reminds me so much of when i was younger, everytime it was like a knife going straight through my heart when someone couldnt resist bullying me because of my acne.

she's just 11 years old, and already gets confrontated with how hard this world can be, i already see her becoming more insecure, more quiet, avoiding eye contact.

she just doesnt seem to be able to handle it all that well.

i dont want to be over dramatic, but it truly hurts me seeing her going through all this things i also had to experience, while not beeing able to help her.

Yeah, my little sister inherited my Mom's flawlessly beautiful skin so I get a bit envious.....but then I remind myself that I lucked up and got my mom's kick ass figure, and she wasn't so lucky in that department :dance:

my brother unfortunately does not have clear skin but i wish he didn't as i wouldn't wish acne upon anyone...however hes an inspiration to me as he doesn't let acne bother him and carries on living his life

NOO!

the opposite. my brother just turned 14 and he has flawless skin but he got 1 small pimple like 2 months ago and my mom was all over him about it..i would seriously hate if he had to go through the physical/mental pain acne can bring.

n1ck: why don't you talk to her about it and help her out, i bet you know alot of stuff from this site.

yeah i do give her advice girlface15, i can sure help her in the right direction, but i cant cure her acne, because i never managed to do that with my own acne too..

My lil sis has skin to die for which i'm happy for, i'd rather take the flack than see her suffer anxiety/low self esteem or worreva cuz of it.....even if it can be kinda like rubbing salt into the wounds when i get a really bad breakout or sumfin lol.

My mum suffered from Eczema and dry skin, and my dad had acne ( I don't know how severe, but he has no scars so Hopefully I won't have any long term ones either :) )

I have 3 sisters, the youngest (13) has my Mum's skin, she has very dry skin, and has very very light acne on her forehead, almost unnoticeable. The next oldest sister (17) also has mild acne, and my oldest sister (19) also has mild acne and quite oily skin, but I think hers is hormone related as she is clear for most of the month..

And obviously I get the worst skin. The only place I can physically not get acne is my cheeks, which are always 100% clear, but I am just so annoyed that the rest of my family escaped bad skin. I wish I had a brother, to see if he had acne, and it also gets lonely being the only guy in my family bar my dad.

my brother and sisters had mild acne, but nothing compared to what i had.

i do envy them sometimes .. they would really try and help me out by bringing up treatments, but i always felt more miserable when they would.

i wouldn't wish acne on them, but i just wish they knew how bad it affected me inside, so when they would bring up new things to try .. it felt like they weren't acknowledging how many things i had tried on my face. like what i was doing was just a big joke, that i wasn't even trying to get rid of it.

now that my skin is clear, my family always compliments me and ignores my sister, whose skin is getting worse. i hate that, it makes me sad, and i wish they wouldn't say anything at all.

Guest MarifreakinA
ive got 2 sisters, both of em have acne just like me.

my oldest sister gets of pretty good actually, but my youngest sister is 11 now and is already starting to get acne, and as much as i hate my face because of my acne, i would without a doubt take her acne as well if i could.

its just so sad to see her come back from school, and tell my mother what her classmates said about her face, it reminds me so much of when i was younger, everytime it was like a knife going straight through my heart when someone couldnt resist bullying me because of my acne.

she's just 11 years old, and already gets confrontated with how hard this world can be, i already see her becoming more insecure, more quiet, avoiding eye contact.

she just doesnt seem to be able to handle it all that well.

i dont want to be over dramatic, but it truly hurts me seeing her going through all this things i also had to experience, while not beeing able to help her.

I feel the exact same way about my sister, to the point where I was yelling at my mom to take her to the doctor so she could get something for her acne.

She actually has more acne than I do, although her face is clear thanks to minocycline, the acne that was on her shoulders left extreme scarring.

Every time I see it I feel so bad for her, I'm glad her face has cleared up, but I'm so scared that when she stops the minocycline that her acne will come back, and it literally kills me to see her have to go through that. Because, like you said, it reminds me of when I was younger.

i throw my sympathy towards you.

however, i do not feel any jealousy, because my family/siblings are all open about our skin. we don't try to hide the fact that we have/had acne.

my dad is the reason for our acne- he had severe cystic acne as a teenager/young adult.

my brother and i have pretty bad acne, but mine is more persistent while he only gets sporadic breakouts.

my other brother had clear skin up until his senior year in high school and he broke out worse than me. and then after less than a year, he cleared up.

so we all have been there, done that, and feel no jealousy.

Most of my family had to deal with Acne. The one brother I have that stayed clear throughout his life got cancer, so of course I'm not going to be jealous! We're all mostly clear now though, and I love when people think I have attractive siblings, because I love them so much that I'm happy for them. And no one sees me without makeup, and think I am too haha!

n1ck I've felt the same way as you towards my older sister. I recall wishing then that I could take her acne as my own.

My sis has great skin..she seldom has one single zit but now that one small part of her face is always breaking out recently and I'm worried for her even though she doesn't seem to care. I just hope her skin can be clear always! I'm telling her to use my stuff that will work.

Of course I am envious..but I wouldn't be jealous, I like that she has such nice clear skin.