Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amy924

SkiniD Regimen : Neutrogena OTC Product List

Let me first say that I came up with the below list because I realized there wasn't very much informative info posted on SkiniD anywhere online. I had to search many different forums and answer websites. It was so time consuming that I wanted others to be able to find everything they needed in one place. Also, I wanted everyone to be able to afford the same SkiniD 3 piece system without having to enroll and pay $50+ with shipping every billing cycle. That makes it $16.67 a product. You will also see that by buying the OTC products you not only get a better price, but more product. That being said, I really hope this helps everyone.

After a very long day of researching and taking multiple SkiniD Evaluation tests I was able to identify the variety of SkinID products and there ingredients. (You see once skinID assigns you your treatments, if you click on the products, they give you the ingredients of each). You see the website does not have a master product list. Now, when compared to the OTC Neutrogena products they are exactly the same, the only omittion from the SkiniD product line is the "Natural" extracts that the OTC have. Ex// Cucumber (Cucumus Sativus) Fruit Extract and Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (which is a tea oil - green tea). These are also listed as inactive ingredients, and mostly seen in the Acne Stress Control line of products. I also noticed with the SkiniD Anti-Oil Pads that they listed Alcohol Denatured 40%, the OTC lists Ethanol 35%. But guess what, Alcohol Denatured is Ethanol. Same thing, different name. I litterally went ingredient by ingredient comparing SkiniD to Neutrogena OTC products.

SkiniD Regimen:

07 Cream Cleanser/Mask 4 fl oz = "Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask 4.2 fl oz"

12 Gel Cleanser 4 fl oz = "Oil-Free Acne Wash Gel 6.0 fl oz"

14 Cream Cleanser 4 fl oz = "Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash 6 fl oz"

25 Foam Cleanser 4 fl oz= "Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash 6 fl oz"

32 Anti-Acne Treatment 2 fl oz = "Advanced Solutions Acne Thereapy System: Overnight Control Lotion 1.4 fl oz"

or

"Proactiv Repairing Acne Lotion 3.5 fl oz" from Ebay

or

Daniel Kern's BP Treatment 8 oz or 16 fl oz from this website

****See below for more information****

38 Anti-Oil Pads (60 pads) = "Rapid Clear Treatment Pads (60 pads)

40 Toner 4 fl oz = "Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner 8 fl oz"

53 Moisturizer 2 fl oz = "Oil-Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer 1.7 fl oz"

72 Hydrator 2 fl oz = "Acne Stress Control Hydrating Acne Treatment 2 fl oz"

44 Scrub = "Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub 4.2 fl oz"

***This was the only product I couldn't find anything on the SkiniD's website about.

Because scrubs are not meant for twice daily use, I don't think it is part of the 3 piece

regimen. Perhaps it is something you can order separately once you are a

member. I am not sure. Let it also be noted, I am not entirely sure "44" is the

scrub's #. I was referencing a picture and the # was blurry.

32 Anti-Acne Treatment Lotion Additional Information

Active ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA

"Overnight Control Lotion". All the ingredients are exactly the same, except the OTC product doesn't have Benzyl Alcohol.

"Proactiv Repairing Acne Lotion" from ebay. It is Benzoyl Peroxide based lotion. Also you can get a Jumbo size at 3.5oz, compared to the Overnight Lotion at 1.4oz. You can get the jumbo size anywhere from $15-$20 including shipping costs.

The ingredients are different for the Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

Active Ingredient: benzoyl peroxide 2.5%.

Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cyclomethicone, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, panthenol, allantoin, carbomer, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

"Danielkern.com BP Treatment" I just found this and just ordered some. It doesn't have all the extra perfumes the Proactiv Lotion does and more closely resembles the Neutrogena product. Plus with priority shipping it cost me under $25 for a 8oz bottle.

Daniel Kern's BP 2.5% Treatment Gel

Active Ingredient: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Also Contains: Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

I really hope this helps everyone out there.

Amy

My Regimen:

Morning/Night

14 = Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash or Scrub (occasionally)

32 = DK's BP Treatment

72 = Acne Stress Conrtol Hydrating Acne Treatment (not currently using, want to limit exposure to Salicylic acid products that stay/soak into skin while pregnant)

Olay Complete Sensitive Skin w/ SPF 15

***with few drops Jojoba Oil when needed

Let me first say that I came up with the below list because I realized there wasn't very much informative info posted on SkiniD anywhere online. I had to search many different forums and answer websites. It was so time consuming that I wanted others to be able to find everything they needed in one place. Also, I wanted everyone to be able to afford the same SkiniD 3 piece system without having to enroll and pay $50+ with shipping every billing cycle. That makes it $16.67 a product. That being said, I really hope this helps everyone.

After a very long day of researching and taking multiple SkiniD Evaluation tests I was able to identify the variety of SkinID products and there ingredients. (You see once skinID assigns you your treatments, if you click on the products, they give you the ingredients of each). You see the website does not have a master product list. Now, when compared to the OTC Neutrogena products they are exactly the same, the only omittion from the SkiniD product line is the "Natural" extracts that the OTC have. Ex// Cucumber (Cucumus Sativus) Fruit Extract and Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (which is a tea oil - green tea). These are also listed as inactive ingredients, and mostly seen in the Acne Stress Control line of products. I also noticed with the SkiniD Anti-Oil Pads that they listed Alcohol Denatured 40%, the OTC lists Ethanol 35%. But guess what, Alcohol Denatured is Ethanol. Same thing, different name. I litterally went ingredient by ingredient comparing SkiniD to Neutrogena OTC products.

SkiniD Regimen:

07 Cream Cleanser/Mask = "Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask"

12 Gel Cleanser = "Oil-Free Acne Wash Gel"

14 Cream Cleanser = "Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash"

25 Foam Cleanser = "Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash"

32 Anti-Acne Treatment = "Advanced Solutions Acne Thereapy System: Overnight Control Lotion"

or

"Proactiv Repairing Acne Lotion" from Ebay

****See below for more information****

38 Anti-Oil Pads = "Rapid Clear Treatment Pads"

40 Toner = "Acne Stress Control Triple Action Toner"

53 Moisturizer = "Oil-Free Anti-Acne Moisturizer"

72 Hydrator = "Acne Stress Control Hydrating Acne Treatment"

44 Scrub = "Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub"

***This was the only product I couldn't find anything on the SkiniD's website about.

Because scrubs are not meant for twice daily use, I don't think it is part of the 3 piece

regimen. Perhaps it is something you can order separately once you are a

member. I am not sure. Let it also be noted, I am not entirely sure "44" is the

scrub's #. I was referencing a picture and the # was blurry.

32 Anti-Acne Treatment Lotion Additional Information

Active ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA

"Overnight Control Lotion". All the ingredients are exactly the same, except the OTC product doesn't have Benzyl Alcohol. I am a 14 32 72. Because I knew that the key is a combination of Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide I picked up "Clear Pore, Cleanser/Mask" $5.14, and "On-the-Spot, Acne Treatment" $6.69 - both have the Benzoyl Peroxide. I also already have the "Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel", this is with Salicylic Acid. I didn't see the point in picking up the "Advanced Soutions Acne Thereapy System" ($19.99) just for the lotion.

My best recommendation if you want the lotion, would be to pick up just the "Proactiv Repairing Acne Lotion" from ebay. It is Benzoyl Peroxide based lotion. Also you can get a Jumbo size at 3.5oz, compared to the Overnight Lotion at 1.4oz. You can get the jumbo size anywhere from $15-$20 including shipping costs. It's a pretty good deal considering what you would spend overall on the three piece advanced solutions set when you are not using two of the products.

The ingredients are different for the Proactiv Repairing Lotion:

Active Ingredient: benzoyl peroxide 2.5%.

Inactive Ingredients: water (aqua), cyclomethicone, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, panthenol, allantoin, carbomer, ceteareth-20, xanthan gum, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

I really hope this helps everyone out there.

Amy

My Regimen:

Morning

14 = Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash

72 = Acne Stress Conrtol Hydrating Acne Treatment

Night

07 = Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (I use this in place of 32 for daily Benzoyl Peroxide treatment)

Oil Free Moisture: Combination Skin

Update: I have added Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture to my regimen because my skin is drying out very easily. The Hydrator just isn't enough. I want to try something unmedicated first to see how my skin does. However, I may switch out my Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for a true #32/Proactiv's Repairing Lotion and continue with the moisturizer on an as needed basis.

hows your regimen going?

I think it's going very well.

I was using Retin-A with Clindamycin before for years, but never really had great results. I still had adult acne. I had to stop using them when I became pregnant again. Since my doctor gave me the "okay" to use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide based acne products while pregnant, that's when I decided to pick the Neutrogena line. I am 29 now and haven't used OTC acne products since I was in my teens and early twenties. With Retin-A you can't use salicylic products as they counter act each other (see next post, this is incorrect info, both can be used together). But I always used Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

I can tell you the results are amazing with the regimen I am using. The bright red acne spots I did have, are now faded to practically nothing. My face feels tighter, fresher and cleaner. I have very oily skin which was never controlled well at all before and now it is. While I do have a few new acne spots that are emerging (which I contribute to my hormones), they are so tiny and unnoticable. The moisturizer helps my skin a lot from being over dried.

I am very happy with the results so far, I actually want to put on makeup now.

Amy

Edited by amy924

Thank you for the updated information. I was advised by my physician not to use Salicylic Acid products while using Retin-A...but that was over 10 years ago now. Thanks again.

Amy

Edited by amy924

This list is truly a God send! Thank you so much for this! I was wondering if there were products out there that work the same as SkinID, but don't cost as much.

how do you like the BP Treatment you ordered? I'm curious to see how you like it as one of my products from SkinID is the Anti-Acne Treatment.

Thanks again!

KS

2/5/12 Update

Now that I'm no longer pregnant or breast feeding, as of 2 days ago I've restarted the Regimen. I'm excited to see how it goes, since I wasn't able to follow threw last time. Currently this is my routine. ( I can't use acne.org moisturizer because all oils break me out)

Any suggestions on a good moisturizer, that won't make me look oily while not wearing makeup?

Morning:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (awaiting my acne.org cleanser to arrive)

Acne.org BP Treatment

Acne Stress Control Hydrating Acne Treatment (on hold for now...just restarted Acne.org regimen)

Olay Active Hydrating Cream (don't use the lotion, has mineral oil)

Night:

Clarisonic to remove makeup (on hold for now), not wearing makeup..also switching to mineral makeup, all liquids are breaking me out

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (awaiting the acne.org cleaser to arrive)

Acne.org BP Treatment

Cetaphil Cream Moisturizer..it's greasy looking, but just fine for overnight use. Didn't care for the Cetaphil Lotion either.

Edited by amy924