Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrandyTX

Possible help for post birth control acne

I am 37 years old who has always had spotless skin. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and was required to go on birth control during radiation treatments, still never had one blemish. Then I was cured and got off the birth control and that is when cystic acne started. It was the WORST part of my entire treatment!!!! I didn't want to go out of the house!

Then I needed a radiation test for a check up and they put me back on the birth control.... VIOLA it went away! So I knew without a doubt it was the BC causing it.

I did some internet searches and found that an herb Chaste Berry could help and went to GNC and picked up a bottle. I knew I would be getting off the BC and wanted to do EVERYTHING I could not to go through such horrible acne again. The dermatologists were NOT helpful so I knew I had to do it myself.

I got off the BC 2 weeks ago and this is usually when it would be at it's worst... I started taking double the Chaste Berry 2 weeks ago and the large cysts have not started... still have bumps but it seems to be clearing up already! WHat took 4 months before seems like it will only take 1 month this time!~

Just thougth I would share this tid bit with those who are suffering through this as well!

Im so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! Please keep us updated on if the Chasteberry is working well for you and if you start to break out.

I was on the pill on and off for 9 years and never had a problem with it. My skin was perfect before and after. Ive now been off it for about 2 months and i have completely broken out around my mouth and chin. It's more like lots of small red bumps and whiteheads, it looks more like a rash but a dermatologist diagnosed it as acne.

This last time i was on the pill I had been taking it for 1 1/2 years. I am currently taking 3000 mg of fish oil and evening primrose oil orally, and I apply evening primrose oil topically as well because my skin gets really itchy and dry. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and have not seen an improvement.

Are there any other supplements to speed along the process of balancing out my hormones naturally? I read that a lot of women take vitex after getting off the pill but they also have problems with their cycle, which I dont. Would a liver cleanse do anything for my situation?