Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helltoacne

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

I've been using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash as part of my regimen for about half a year, and my acne hasn't been getting better. At some times, it even got a little worse. I know the other products I use do not affect my acne, and I've been following the steps in cleansing, moisturizing, etc.

I'm wondering if Purpose has broke anyone out? It contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and fragrance, and people have said that these ingredients should be avoided.

I've been using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash as part of my regimen for about half a year, and my acne hasn't been getting better. At some times, it even got a little worse. I know the other products I use do not affect my acne, and I've been following the steps in cleansing, moisturizing, etc.

I'm wondering if Purpose has broke anyone out? It contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and fragrance, and people have said that these ingredients should be avoided.

You should try out the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, I'll tell you why. The liquid version contains 2 ingredients that gives me problems, they are Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and Cocamidopropyl Betaine. The bar contains neither of these, I've used it for about a week now with no problems! I'd also avoid the following:

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Sodium Myreth Sulfate

Propylene Glycol

Benzyl Alcohol

Cetearyl Alcohol

Cetyl Alcohol

Stearyl Alcohol

Methylparaben

Propylparaben

Butylparaben

I'd like to add, avoid any toothpaste with SLS. Again, just used as a foaming agent, this could get into your system as well. I recommend trying Trader Joe's Antiplaque Toothpaste, it's only $1.99 for 6 oz....NO SLS!

A quick update, used the Purpose Bar for a week, it also SUCKS!!!

BEWARE OF THIS SOAP!!!