Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mja mclean

back acne with muscular pain????

i have had back acne for pretty long time. but recently i started having this strange muscular pain behind my scapula that is behind my right shoulder (where i also have some active back acne spurts)

i wonder if this pain can be due to some acne irritating the muscles or something. did anyone else had this sort of symptoms.

because i cant see anyother reason for this pain.

Perhaps your acne is pushing, touching on some nerv on your scapula, thus making your muscles feel very painful? You know the phenomenon, when you take a needle and press it lightly on your finger tops you will feel almost nothing at some places and on other places it's really painful and sensitive.

I know this might sound kind of gross, but I had shingles when I was 19...yeah my immune system was not that great in college, but it kinda looked like an acne sore and it hurt and ached. If it hurts more and turns purple when you work out you might want to get it checked by a doctor.

I know this might sound kind of gross, but I had shingles when I was 19...yeah my immune system was not that great in college, but it kinda looked like an acne sore and it hurt and ached. If it hurts more and turns purple when you work out you might want to get it checked by a doctor.

That's an excellent thought. Shingles sometimes looks like an acne cluster but it does cause deep, sharp pain. If your acne looks like either blisters or crusted blisters, get it checked out. In the interim (before you get it checked out by a doc), cover it up with a bandage of some type. If it is shingles, you can give chickenpox to persons who have not had chickenpox before.

Yes, I know the feeling.

Right now I have a deep, painful pimple on my upper back. At first I thought "Why is my scapula hurting?" it felt like I had a sore muscle. Then I felt around and found the culprit of the pain....a large, deep pimple.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of it because it hurts so much!