Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eat11

Best drugstore brand foundation and concelar??

I currently use Maybelline mineral power powder foundation, and the mineral power concelar. I've been using it for a little over a year, it gives decent coverage but it wears out far to easily and makes my pores look huge. Face primers break me out, so that's out of the question. Can someone tell me of a foundation and concelar that has good coverage and won't break me out? Thanks :)

I'm currently using Maybelline Pure Makeup (it's water-based and oil-free) and Loreal Bare Natural Foundation (it's a mineral powder makeup that's talc-free, oil-free, and has SPF 18). Each product has light to medium coverage, depending on how I apply it, but by using them together (Maybelline first, because it's liquid) I can get full coverage, especially if I use lotion before applying either produt- gives the makeup something to "hold on to."

Maybelline Pure Makeup is about $4 at Target, and Loreal Bare Natural is about $12.

(I use coupons :dance: )

My favorite is Almay Smart Shade and Cover Girl Simply Powder.

This isn't full coverage, but does give some light natural looking coverage.

I like Physician's Formula Liquid Mineral wear. I set it with Everyday Minerals (available only online).

For concealer, I'm not too sure, but for foundation...

and I can't say this with enough confidence..

REVLON freakin' COLORSTAY.

I have EXTREMELY oily skin, and it stays on all day, and doesn't clog your pores. Looks VERY natural, and comes in a shade light enough for my pasty white skin!

LOVE this stuff!

Gah, I'm trying to find a nice cream/liquid concealer that won't break me out for my bad spots. I currently use Faerie Organics, which I love, but because it is a mineral you have to layer on quite a bit to get nice coverage... this could potentially lead (and almost always does) to the "caked-on" look that I hate and have to blot some off later in the morning/mid-afternoon. If I could find a single concealer that would do the job in one fell swoop, I could avoid this dilemma.

I'm thinking about trying Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda (which fits my pale skin tone) next time I get out to Target. Hopefully it'll work. :eh:

I like Physician's Formula Liquid Mineral wear. I set it with Everyday Minerals (available only online).

I went to CVS yesterday to find a pressed powder from this brand, i'm looking for a new foundation. Do you find that it's a full coverage consistency? I need full coverage for all of my red spots.