Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well this year i am a junior.. the beginning of my freshman year i was doing great w/ girls.. then acne came around and before i knew it i was dammm insecure around girls... this year, my acne was pretty bad in the beginning of the year, but i started to become more secure. My acne has cleared up, and even though i still get breakouts i try to ignore it as best as i can.. Junior prom is coming up in about a month and a half and i have no idea wtf i am going to do. everyone is going on and on about their party bus, other shit etc etc.. while i am just kinda sitting there on the sideline. The girls i talk to in school i don't chill with, and they're "more popluar" than i am i gess you can say. I have 5-6 classes with the girl i am thinking of asking to prom, but i sit next to her in about half of them so if she said no i feel like it'd be damn awkward. at this point i don't think i have the guts to ask her out-- my confidence isn't at its best, and i guess i am just too scared of rejection. any ideas would be much appreciated. thx

I think you should ask her. I had acne when I went to prom junior year, and my date didn't mind. Going stag isn't a problem either. Many people at my school did.

Just go ahead and ask her. I never went to prom and I don't really regret it. I did go to the homecomings though. I can tell you the one thing I do regret is not asking a girl to go with me. For me it doesn't matter at this point and it isn't a big deal at all...but if I could go back and do it again I would ask, because as I read this your post and look back at my high school life, I realize how stupid it was not to ask.

You basically have nothing to lose and everything to gain.