Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slyboy12

Face is oily and acne, but body is 100% clear

So I've had acne most of my life for the past 5 years...

I dont understand why my face is always oily. I get whiteheads alot, yet i always keep my skin clean. I wash twice a day with "cetaphil "oily skin" and if i work out or play hockey Ill wash after that.

The main thing i dont understand is why my face gets acne, but I've never had one zit anywhere else on my body. My back and chest has very good complexion, but my face is never really clear and always has a few new whiteheads on it.

Please help with any advice.

Thanks

It's because the cause of your acne and oily face is the use of cleanser and over washing.

I know a way to solve both your oiliness and acne issue. Well, it was something we are still experimenting on but we had very good results from it.

Read here:

Cetaphil is HIGHLY overrated.

I would find another cleanser.

Also, using a cleanser alone at times is not enough.

You have to include some sort of topical agent and exfoliate a few times a week.

Also, for oily skin as I have, I use CaraVe.

I agree with what wapak said above....about 6 months ago I came to the same revelation. My body had no acne, but my face did. Then I realized, "Hey, my face is the only part of my body I regularly wash with chemicals" Turns out the chemicals were the main cause of my acne.

It is said that most concentrated follicles where sebum are produced are in our face, shoulders, chest, and back. Even though cutting off coffee from my diet stopped my acne, I still have an oily face. So I think over washing of the face also contributes to oily face, but also genetic plays a big part as well.

Well, yeah. But don't dwell about the factors you can't control(genetics). Think about the things you can control, like the frequency of washing, the type of washing, the way you wash, the things you use to wash, etc. I wish you luck!

It's because the cause of your acne and oily face is the use of cleanser and over washing.

I know a way to solve both your oiliness and acne issue. Well, it was something we are still experimenting on but we had very good results from it.

Read here: Click Here!

Click Here!

Maaan...i am so sick and tired of u kind of people x(

For the GOD SAKE... UNDERSTAND that each and everyone has a different skin: SUPER DRY, DRY, MIXT, OILY, SUPER OILY and so on..

What people cannot understand is that there is a HUGE difference between this types of skin.

I personally have a super oily t-zone and kinda normal/dry cheeks. So..u gave 2 links..where 2 persons say they started the no-water regimen...not cleaning their face with water or anything.

But what the f**k is wrong with u man? giving these links like this is the cure.

First of all, and most important, i should end this right here but..i want to make u understand... THOSE 2 persons..read their damn posts: the first one says "I never had acne until turning 20 and am now almost 23" .. so..he didn't have acne in his puberty..and he has a normal skin. not too oily, not too dry.

The second person says in his post "my face has NEVER been oily." ..so he has a normal/dry skin.

THEREFORE, they are being able to not wash their face for a long time...because they have normal skin.

I, and many other of us living on this Earth, who suffer from oily just the t-zone(me) or oily skin...CANNOT LIVE without washing the face 2 times per day because of 2 F**KING REASONS:

1) it gets very oily. i do try to wipe the oil several times per day with simply toilet paper, yep, that's right, toilet paper. but yet it still feels too "dirty" in the evening, full of impurities and shit i have got during the day. and my body just naturally needs my face to be clean of those impurities and dead cells and shit because of my oil.

IT's a damn normal thing...it's like when u get dirt on your body because of working in dirty place..u just HAVE THE NEED to wash. If u don't wash u can live very well like this..go to bed, stay a week being dirty. and nothing will happen to you. This is exactly the same with oily skin. u just have to wash it because it's normal(except the fact that..look at reason 2)

2)if i don't wash for days in a row.. i get pimples..because the oil is blocking my pores with impurities, so it's obvious that bacteria will grow there.

So please u people with DRY, NORMAL skin ..don't come here and tell people with OILY skin to do like you because it worked for you. If u didn't experience oily skin you know shit about it. Same thing with dry skin experience. Although it's pretty logical if you use your brain a little!!

Same situation with people experiencing acne after 20y or even later...WTF is wrong with you? YOU are not in the same situation as a teenager! Don't GIVE any advice to teenagers and DON'T GET any advice from them!!! It is that hard to understand?!