Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankees21

Whole Wheat - Good or bad?

Are whole wheat things good or bad for acne? Like whole wheat pasta or whole wheat bread, etc. Im not sure if I should be having whole wheat or regular. I hear things about wheat gluten or regular gluten and am just looking for some insight.

Thanks!

It seems that a lot of people find cutting out gluten helpful. You could try eating non-gluten grains like rice and quinoa for a while instead and see if you get positive results.

It seems that a lot of people find cutting out gluten helpful. You could try eating non-gluten grains like rice and quinoa for a while instead and see if you get positive results.

He should try eating whole grain ezekiel bread see if Gluten breaks him out.

Thanks

What is ezekiel bread? Can I get something like that at Wegmans and does just say Ezekiel bread?

Thanks!

If you are going to eat wheat, better to eat whole grain. Gluten is a separate issue.

He should try eating whole grain ezekiel bread see if Gluten breaks him out.

Ezekiel bread is pretty healthy, but it has gluten in it. If he/she is already eating gluten grains in the form of wheat I'm not sure that switching to ezekiel is going to tell the OP whether she has trouble with gluten.

You can find ezekiel bread at health food stores like trader joes and whole foods.

Thanks

What is ezekiel bread? Can I get something like that at Wegmans and does just say Ezekiel bread?

Thanks!

If you are going to eat wheat, better to eat whole grain. Gluten is a separate issue.

I dont have to eat wheat, I was just wondering if it was bad. I never knew that before and thought I saw something about wheat or whole wheat being bad for acne.

Thanks.

Ezekiel bread are organic. Is a complete protein. It has 19 amino acid from vegetable.

Ezekiel does sell gluten free bread. I couldn't find it at my health stores.

PS: stay away from Low sodium bread. It doesn't have sea salt , it taste very bad!

Thanks

Thanks!

I dont have to eat wheat, I was just wondering if it was bad. I never knew that before and thought I saw something about wheat or whole wheat being bad for acne.

Thanks.

Ezekiel bread are organic. Is a complete protein. It has 19 amino acid from vegetable.

Ezekiel does sell gluten free bread. I couldn't find it at my health stores.

PS: stay away from Low sodium bread. It doesn't have sea salt , it taste very bad!

Interesting...I haven't seen gluten free ezekiel bread. Although I did see some gluten free wraps from the same company.

Quinoa also comes organic and it is also a complete protein by the way.

Edit: I now do recall that the company that makes ezekiel bread also makes a gluten free line of bread. But it's not ezekiel bread/sprouted grain bread--its made from things like brown rice flower, tapioca flower, etc.

Ezekiel doesn't have any gluten free bread, but their parent company, Food for Life, does. They taste like ass.

I want to try Quinoa.

Does it taste better then brown rice?

Is it healthy?

Wondering if it breaks me out :( I need carbs

I am hormonal or what ever

Would like to try adding more healthy food.

Are whole wheat things good or bad for acne? Like whole wheat pasta or whole wheat bread, etc. Im not sure if I should be having whole wheat or regular. I hear things about wheat gluten or regular gluten and am just looking for some insight.

Thanks!

Like most foods, it's neither good nor bad. Whole grain is better than refined, but that won't make a difference if you have a gluten intolerance. And it really doesn't make much difference in the refined carbs in most cases.

I want to try Quinoa.

Is it healthy?

It's very healthy. It's a complete protein. And it's not a really a grain. Whether it tastes better is a matter of opinion. But it has kind a fun texture. I think it's a better substiture in couscous and bulgur recipes.

I love it. Except for the fact that it's very small and you have to rinse it very well, which means you have to use a wire mesh strainer. I hate wire strainers as crap gets stuck in them. Quinoa especially. since some grains are small enough to go right through it and get washed down the drain.

Thanks!

Like most foods, it's neither good nor bad. Whole grain is better than refined, but that won't make a difference if you have a gluten intolerance. And it really doesn't make much difference in the refined carbs in most cases.

I want to try Quinoa.

Is it healthy?

It's very healthy. It's a complete protein. And it's not a really a grain. Whether it tastes better is a matter of opinion. But it has kind a fun texture. I think it's a better substiture in couscous and bulgur recipes.

I love it. Except for the fact that it's very small and you have to rinse it very well, which means you have to use a wire mesh strainer. I hate wire strainers as crap gets stuck in them. Quinoa especially. since some grains are small enough to go right through it and get washed down the drain.

Thx , Can you tell me a good recipe? ^^

I've decided to add more food into my diet

is time to let my muscles grow! lol

How does this sound.

Quinoa

Lean red meat steak ( 2-3 times a week )

sweet potatoes

unsweetened soymilk for ezekiel cereals

organic brown eggs

more vegetable

leafy green smoothies

nuts - almond and cashew ( both are raw )

strawberries and berries

Thanks!

I want to try Quinoa.

Is it healthy?

You can get quinoa pre-washed at whole foods. It's a little more expensive but it saves a lot of hassle and you don't lose the quinoa going down the drain.

I want to try Quinoa.

Quinoa corporation has a whole bunch of recipes: http://www.quinoa.net/181.html

I've had the Quinoa pilaf. It's pretty tasty.

Thanks!

I want to try Quinoa.

Is it healthy?

You can get quinoa pre-washed at whole foods. It's a little more expensive but it saves a lot of hassle and you don't lose the quinoa going down the drain.

I want to try Quinoa.

Quinoa corporation has a whole bunch of recipes: http://www.quinoa.net/181.html

I've had the Quinoa pilaf. It's pretty tasty.

I cooked the Quinoa yesterday , it came out perfect :)

The taste was okay.. i added avocados , tasted good

Thx for the link. I will check it out :P

So far, I've mostly just used it instead of rice to put stir fries on top of, or added it to veggie soup. And I've used some leftover cooked quinoa to replace some of the oatmeal in my baked oatmeal recipe.

And i have plans to make a lot of quinoa tabbouleh when the weather gets hot. This is usually made with bulgur wheat.