Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I noticed when I am washing my face at the end of the day, I catch myself rubbing too hard or going too fast. Same thing sometimes when I apply my make up.

I know that you are supposed to be very gentle when washing and putting on lotion, make up, etc. but I still subconsciously always do this. The only thing I can think of is my internal rage that I feel against acne causes this to happen.

My anger against having to wear makeup, having to wash it off, having to use so many products and even just having to think about it all the time. Then I get irritated that I have to remind myself constantly to be gentle because I know being too rough will only irritate my skin more.

I think I am mad at my face….. and don’t know how to stop. It sounds sad to say and a bit irrational, but this is what years of acne has done to me psychologically. I wonder if others here can relate. Does anyone else catch themselves scrubbing too hard and how do you stop?

In this case, just think calm, positive thoughts. It happens to the best of us. You've gotta look past your imperfections and tell yourself that all the creams/lotions/washes will be worth it in the end.

Or better yet, imagine yourself without the acne while applying the products, it might help you to be more gentle if you think of a clear face.