Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_89

Mineral make up - recommendations?

So far I've tried.

Bare escentuals - love the coverage and the look, hate the feel, price, overly natural colours.. trying to use up what's left.

Earthnicity - Far too much Kaolin for my combination skin. Too pale, too yellow, too.. wrong. Didn't cover well, made my skin look dry. However it definatly wasn't bad for my skin. (Would be good for excessively oily, mild acne yellow-tone skin.)

Sheer miracle - Three words... Too.much.Kaolin!

Elemental beauty Soft focus - LOVE the colour, still far too much Kaolin

Elemental Beauty Healing - Best yet. Contains Allantoin(sp?) and NO KAOLIN- excellent but haven't found the right shade yet.

Has anyone tried Alice Cosmetics? Or anything else that was good?

I have a neutral/cool complexion, pale/light tan skin, blue eyes, medium brown hair and freckles.

I'm not a mineral makeup guru. I've used Bare minerals but something was wrong...not working for me. I've been using Alima. Here's the ingredients for the foundation...Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Nothing more.

They have a base powder that has kaolin but the foundation doesn't. I have combination skin so I'll use a little bit of the base and then the foundation. They have a separate concealer. When I'm done getting fixed up, I can cover spots pretty good.

I've been using the Neutral 3 color...you can order samples pretty cheap.