Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Casper9898

Cystic Pimple Finally relieved!

As a 31 year old woman, who never suffered from acne until I had 2 children, it is SUPER frustrating to be experiencing not only acne, but cystic pimples regularly. Just before Christmas I got a whopper of a cystic pimple on the side of my nose (high up just under my eye). I eventally faded away (I was never able to pop it or get it to a head). Now 3 weeks ago, in the exact same spot, this little gem reared itself again. I worked so hard to get it to pop with zero effect. It was red, largely swollen, and the skin aroun it was scabbing from all of the effort of trying to pop it. I had a facial 2 weeks ago, and the woman working on my skin recommended Witch Hazel to help.

Well, two days ago I dabbed on some Witch Hazel. The very next morning, the pimple had srunk to the point that it is barely noticeable!!! I dabbed away again yesterday, and today it is officially gone!

I just wanted to share the power of this stuff. I literally dabbed it on - that's it.

I hope this helps someone!

cystic pimples are aweful! I hate them! In fact, I have a pimple just like that on my chin. I tried to pop it by basically pinching it but it didnt help. It only exaccerbated it. Now, its a scab and its almost gone thanks to the new prescription aczone and ice wrapped in a paper towel.

As a 31 year old woman, who never suffered from acne until I had 2 children, it is SUPER frustrating to be experiencing not only acne, but cystic pimples regularly. Just before Christmas I got a whopper of a cystic pimple on the side of my nose (high up just under my eye). I eventally faded away (I was never able to pop it or get it to a head). Now 3 weeks ago, in the exact same spot, this little gem reared itself again. I worked so hard to get it to pop with zero effect. It was red, largely swollen, and the skin aroun it was scabbing from all of the effort of trying to pop it. I had a facial 2 weeks ago, and the woman working on my skin recommended Witch Hazel to help.

Well, two days ago I dabbed on some Witch Hazel. The very next morning, the pimple had srunk to the point that it is barely noticeable!!! I dabbed away again yesterday, and today it is officially gone!

I just wanted to share the power of this stuff. I literally dabbed it on - that's it.

Where can you find witch hazel? I think I saw some when I was at Target earlier, but i'm not sure. I already bough Desitin though, for the 2 cysts on my cheek i'm desperate to reduce the redness and size of these cysts. I don't want to try to many things at once though. Maybe if the Desitin doesn't work...

Where can you find witch hazel? I think I saw some when I was at Target earlier, but i'm not sure. I already bough Desitin though, for the 2 cysts on my cheek i'm desperate to reduce the redness and size of these cysts. I don't want to try to many things at once though. Maybe if the Desitin doesn't work...

Witch Hazel is available at any drug store or health food store. I'm in Canada and I bought mine at Walmart - it was in the section with the muscle pain relievers. Hope this helps! Witch Hazel is one of those mysteries of nature. Do a google search and you'll find a million uses for it. Its SUPER cheap too. My bottle cost $2.50 CDN, so it will be even cheaper for you in the States. Best of luck!

Witch Hazel is available at any drug store or health food store. I'm in Canada and I bought mine at Walmart - it was in the section with the muscle pain relievers. Hope this helps! Witch Hazel is one of those mysteries of nature. Do a google search and you'll find a million uses for it. Its SUPER cheap too. My bottle cost $2.50 CDN, so it will be even cheaper for you in the States. Best of luck!

I did read somewhere else on this forum that witch hazel is not PH balanced so it will do harm to your skin, probably by drying it out too much. Acne is too complicated. Urgh. Do your cysts come back in the same spot even after applying the witch hazel?

Wow, awesome! I'm glad that worked for you, I never heard of that before. I just went in my bathroom and dabbed a little Witch Hasel on a cyst. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see if it goes away by tomorrow morning. :D

I did read somewhere else on this forum that witch hazel is not PH balanced so it will do harm to your skin, probably by drying it out too much. Acne is too complicated. Urgh. Do your cysts come back in the same spot even after applying the witch hazel?

There are always other opinions on treatments - Witch Hazel was recommended to me by someone who specializes in skin and I trusted her opinion. It has definately worked for me, without a doubt. Obviously everyone needs to make decisions that are best for them, but when we are desperate to get relief, is there any harm in trying something that in the worst case scenerio will dry out our skin? I only put it on my pimple, and it hasn't dried out that area what so ever. I will continue to sing Witch Hazel's praises!!

I am absolutely going to try this on my neck! Thanks for the rec. I think Witch Hazel can be found by the rubbing alcohol and such at Target, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc.

One other suggestion I had read from some gals as to getting rid of spot zits... take an aspirin, crush it up into a fine powder, and add a drop or two of lemon juice, and then apply it to the zit. It will sting a bit, but it does make the zit much smaller and helps with the redness as well. I haven't tried it on cystic acne yet tho? I tried it on some other ones on my face that I had trouble getting rid of and it seemed to help speed the healing process along considerably.

I think i will give this ago. I have heard of doing this before, but after alot of friends recommended tea tree oil and it failed miserably I didnt feel much like trying witch hazel. but what the heck!