Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redviking65

TCA CROSS: after the scab falls off

Hi all,

Immediately after the scab falls off after doing TCA CROSS...

1. Is the crossed area supposed to be red? How long will this redness take to subside?

2. I know the scar should look a little worse than what it looked like before it was crossed, but how long does it take for collagen to fill in and plump up the skin? When can one expect to see some results?

Thanks!

Hey there!

I had TCA cross (1oo% TCA) done by my plastic surgeon in the beginning of February.

1. The area was very red for the first couple weeks after the scabs fell off. It is still lightening considerably and is nearly the same color as the rest of my face.

2. The area did look worse for about three weeks or so. (And of course, I thought I had made a HUGE mistake). However, the areas are filling in beautifully now. I would say there is between a 40-60% improvement. The doc is pleased and wants to recross only one of the areas. Currently scheduled for a 4 layer blue peel for April 6.

Hope that helps!!

Hey there!

I had TCA cross (1oo% TCA) done by my plastic surgeon in the beginning of February.

1. The area was very red for the first couple weeks after the scabs fell off. It is still lightening considerably and is nearly the same color as the rest of my face.

2. The area did look worse for about three weeks or so. (And of course, I thought I had made a HUGE mistake). However, the areas are filling in beautifully now. I would say there is between a 40-60% improvement. The doc is pleased and wants to recross only one of the areas. Currently scheduled for a 4 layer blue peel for April 6.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks a lot gobucks! I just sent you a message, by the way.

Anybody else?

i have the same problem now, most of the scabs have fallen and the areas where the tca cross happens is red while the right side has none looks normal again

It is normal for your CROSSED scars to be and remain red, for a little while. You have just injured the skin - now it needs to heal, like it would on any other part of your body.

Derms who perform the CROSS method will let a month pass between treatments. This should give you a pretty good idea on its downtime.