Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelo

Knees and elbows

I have some pretty rough scars on my knees and elbows from a time when i got scraped up really bad. Anyway, is there any treatment I can do for them. I'm hesitant to use TCA because I hear it forms a scab that is not to be picked. With my knees and elbows bending so much, it would probably come off way to early. Anyway, does anyone know of anything that might be effective?

You could try using silicon scar reduction pads overnight, but I think these are most effective on hypertrophic scarring, and it might be quite awkward applying them to knees and elbows anyway.

Hmm. Well, at least knees and elbows aren't supposed to look perfect, like your face is! rolleyes.gif

Perhaps try bio oil? Obviously a TCA peel would be the most effective but like you say it would be difficult to apply...

sorry I can't think of anything revolutionary!

Yeah my knees and elbows don't really bother me to much, but hey, since I'm on the road to perfection, what's one more stop along the way? Cheesey metaphor I know...

Anyway what is Bio Oil? I've never actually heard of it before.

BTW, You are now my new favorite person... Love your Avatar!

Yeah, Final Fantasy VII - nostalgic memories! I can't believe it was seven years ago... sigh! Do you recognize my signature pic as well? That's even older!

Bio Oil is a product that claims to help with scarring - it is an oil base containing 'purcellin oil' - which basically does the same job as jojoba and emu in carrying ingredients deeper into the pores - as well as vitamins E and A and herbal extracts. I have been using some for about 3 weeks, but I am worried it could break me out so I have only been using small amounts and mainly to 'spot-treat' the scars. The scars do seem to have diminished in redness lately, but I'm not sure whether it's the bio oil as I use such a large amount of products!

If you wanted to give it a go, there's some info on it on the scars board. Will225 had some excellent results with it.

I do and have used TCA on my knees. Of course I did not use the 25% tca but the 12.5% tca works well and I did not use ointment except at bedtime and wrapped my knees in plastic wrap. (pretty sight and my husband appreciated it :blink: )

I have done some experiments using the 12.5% tca without applying any ointment on different body parts (not face) and it has gone very well with no problems. I think it takes longer to peel but I can handle that without all the greasy stuff!

I do and have used TCA on my knees. Of course I did not use the 25% tca but the 12.5% tca works well and I did not use ointment except at bedtime and wrapped my knees in plastic wrap. (pretty sight and my husband appreciated it :blink: )

I have done some experiments using the 12.5% tca without applying any ointment on different body parts (not face) and it has gone very well with no problems. I think it takes longer to peel but I can handle that without all the greasy stuff!

Yeah, Final Fantasy VII - nostalgic memories! I can't believe it was seven years ago... sigh! Do you recognize my signature pic as well? That's even older!

Yo Angelo - the pic is from.......Dungeons and Dragons! Remember, a cool 80's TV show. If you are between 18 and 25 you probably remember it! It kicked ass! Especially the bad guy - Venger (the guy in the pic) It got banned for apparent 'Satanist influences'!!!

They just don't make kid's TV like they used to... biggrin.gif

Yaah! Voltron! Transformers! (the original) GI Joe! Oh the memories... user posted image

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, He-man, Visionaries, Defenders of the Earth, Cities of Gold, pirates of Dark Water, Captain N the Gamesmaster, The Legend of Zelda........the list goes on!!! B)

The skin is tough on the knees and you would only be using a 12.5% solution. On skin this tough the 12.5% won't go deep enough to peel in thick sheets. It sloughs off. smile.gif

The skin is tough on the knees and you would only be using a 12.5% solution. On skin this tough the 12.5% won't go deep enough to peel in thick sheets. It sloughs off.  smile.gif