Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of this but it's a "DNA" based cream formulated by a company called Lab21. http://www.lab21.com

What they do is they take a sample of your cheek cells and used that as a basis for making your customized cream. You also fill out a detailed profile for yourself including any past history and conditions you have(acne). The cream is specialized for each dna meaing you and supposely targets your problems etc. You can either go to a specific location to do this or you can request a do it yourself kit to be sent in. The company is based in Stonybrook University i believe which is nice since i live on Long Island. Anyway you can read all about it on their website although it's not "to" detailed. Like any other acne treatment it's worth a try except for one "small" problem. The cream costs $250 BUCKS!!!! I would of tried it myself if the price wasn't go high. I know it's a gamble but if it anyone wants to try this and has the cash please let us know. I'm thinking i may try this at the end of the summer after i have a lot of money from work. I know it's a lot of money and i'm not telling anyone to run out and do it i'm just spreading the information.

250 dollars for 1.7 oz of a "magical" cream that fixes all your skin problems. Wow that almost sounds....like..like.. complete and utter bullshit lol. I don't think anyone would be willing to spend 250 on a 2 oz thing of cream. I might be wrong, but that seems totally ridiculous, and the site doesnt even mention acne.

if it was a DNA cream..I'm almost sure that 250 bucks will not cover the analysis alone. plus, we don't even have the knowledge yet to do dna or gene therapy on skin. and how would a topical even effect your DNA unless in a damaging way by destroying it?

i must say it sounds like a hoax. like creme de la mer. that stuff is over 50% vaseline. (i'm not saying creme de la mer is bad stuff...but there's cheaper alternatives)

read up on cosmeticscop.com, she explains why magical ingredients don't work and how companies are able to basically lie to you.

If you've got that kind of cash to splash out, you may as well opt for a course of acupuncture or laser therapy. I can vouch for acupuncture treatment which has cleared me up so far (waiting to see if it lasts).

I read an article about Lab21 in the New York Times last year. It was intresting. I have been considering it, but the price is so high.

The cream is not meant to change your dna, it is to compensate for your genes and/or diets shortcomings by giving your skin what it needs to be healthy

Like i originally said, i was just giving out information that's all. Don't get so uptight people! I know the website doesn't say anything about acne, but i've spoken to a representative and she said it treats acne as well as other conditions. Also when you fill out the profiler acne will be written down as one of your "problems".

I'm willing to try it, If I see any results I'll let you guys know..