Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matt007

Round #2 - 40mg for 7 days a month for 6 months

So i went to the doc for a different issue and i as i was about to leave i also expressed my concern about my acne that has returned since early last year.

Heres the thing...hes no derm but he authorized my first set of pills in 2006. i feel kinda sad for those who go through such a mission to get it while over here its ready in a few minutes.

So im starting next week, the 1st of April with my first pill. i will take 40 mg for 7 days and ONLY these 7 days. then i will have to wait for the next month to take the next 7 days.

Have any of you heard of this or gone through this type of treatment? im a little concerned , he is a doctor and he knows what hes doing but it just seemed odd to me.either way it feels good to be going back on it and the fact it wont be that hectic makes it even better.

Any advice? :dance:

Cheers Matt!

yeah i know......

anyone else heard of this?

Il definetely try and keep the log up to date.but im a little nervous going into something im not sure about :redface:

so i spoke to my doc and he says there is a method to his madness.

he stated if i dont see any results after 3 months i may need to start taking daily .

im really confused..... :shifty: it would be real comforting if i knew someone else who'd gone through this...... the last thing id want if for me 2 be a guinea pig of somesorts.lol.

seems to me 3 weeks would be long enough for accutane to clear your system and then pump it full of it again, and you're only going to be reexperiencing things over and over.

idk, have you seeked a second opinion?

Ok so im popping my first 2 pills today.

whats wierd is right now im basically clear.i have 2 semi sized zits on my left cheek that are already healing. but this is the mindgame i play with myself ALLLL the time. i say :

'This is the last zit il get and then il be clear for life' Bullcrap :P

I cant do these topicals anymore, Benzac etc.....they help heal the acne but seriously i just want to prevent them from coming up. But ive been thinking all day .... what if i breakout real bad because of the treatment my docs got me on ? i guess il give the first week a go and see what happens.

honestly..my acne is very mild but BOTTOM line is its still acne!!!! i dont know...im confused..... but im going ahead..... will keep you updated i guess :D

1st week over

Ok so after about day 3-4 i wasnt getting anymore new breakouts.but i am having a bit of an IB on my neck and side jawline....nothing too hectic but alot of gunk is coming out from these areas.its fine cause id rather have it there than anywhere else.my general face is looking great but i can still see alot of underlying acne that will come up.im just wondering how this 1 week a month thing is gonna work? i mean i just started to get the dry lips now and as soon as they start its already going away.i think i wouldve been happier with 2 weeks a month.but who knows...maybe theres method to this madness???! i actually cant wait for next month to begin to keep popping them pills.

i just wonder how the hell this 1 week thing is gonna help? what ever happened to Cumulative Dosage??! :doh: