Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karly

Erythomicin 250mg

I went to the derm today and he prescribed me Erythomicyn twice a day..Did anyone try this? any succces with it? I'd appreciate any reviews..

I have been on twice daily Erythromycin for 3 weeks now and have to confess to not really seeing a change but my dermatologist told me to hold on for 6 weeks before giving up...

went to see a new dermatologist yesterday, he prescribed me 250g of Erythomycin where I have to eat 2 tablets daily, and can reduce to 1 daily if my face is a bit more clear. I have to take this for one month so hopefully I will see some improvement. (I've also been prescribed Adapalene (Differin) to apply topically at night and also Chlorpheniramine 2mg)

It seems that after I take this Erythomycin tablet, my heart palpitation is a bit faster than normal - does any of you guys out here feel the same? Also, I can't really swallow pills so I have to break the tablet into small pieces before swallowing it down with water, but the taste is just bitter and horrible!!! Does it come in capsule form instead? (I'd much prefer it in capsules, lol)

x

I am on erythromycin. 333 mg twice a day. Seems like everyone is on 250 twice a day, but then again I just got over a horrid breakout and cried in the Dr.'s office.

Since I have only taken it for two days, I really cannot say yet. The Dr. had me on a rather heavy dose of amoxycillin for one month to get things under control then prescribed this as a 3 month regimine then a follow up to see what is up. I am already clear, just nursing a bunch of red spots and hoping to maintain my current status.

So far I can say, whew boy does it make my stomach hurt something awful. I feel like #2 alot, but it's always a false alarm! Sorry for the TMI but...then I will get cramps, gas, and have also felt like vomiting (very slight, not an actual trip to the bathroom) a couple of times. If this is the side effects, then it had better work well for my acne.

I read the reviews on this treatment on the .org. You should too. That way you can see what others wrote. From what I gather, folks either love it or hate it (as far as results for acne) and either way most complain of a stomach discomfort which subsides after a week or so. Most others also say that it loses effectiveness anywhere from after a few months to some saying it worked for a year or more then quit.

oh yeah, and my bottle says not to break up the pills! It's time released. Maybe too much at one is causing your heart side effect. If I were you I would tell my Dr. about that anyway.

Most others also say that it loses effectiveness anywhere from after a few months to some saying it worked for a year or more then quit.

That's what happened to me. It worked for the first few months, however even then it wasn't 100% clear. After about 2-3 months erythromycin did absolutely nothing for me.

i have been to the doctors 4 times about a rash under my arm and twice he has prescribed me with erythromycin but it just seems to come back the 3rd time i went he give me to take for 6 weeks one twice a day for 2 weeks then one once a day for 4 weeks but when i went back the 4th time he give me 250g of it to take 12 weeks hopefully it goes :)

I used it for about 2 years, in combination with different perscription topicals, while it never got me 100% clear, it did keep most of my acne at bay. one thing it didnt do much for, was my oil production tough :( When i had to come off of it for being on it too long(according to my derm) i was then perscribed Accutane. the antibiotics kept me from getting a lot of the smaller bumps. but didnt keep me from getting cystic breakouts. not saying this will be the case for you though of course :) I was happy with what results i had on it. I think the best topicals i used in combo with the antibiotics was Clyndamyacin(sp) and Differin. i still use Differin as maintenance post accutane.