Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gfunk

Huge Pimple/Cyst on forehead causing so much pain...

This morning i woke up with a big red angry looking pimple (without a head) smack bang in the middle of my forehead. Its very painful, ive tried putting ice on it but it did not help, and i cannot pick it as it has no head. How do i reduce the pain and redness. ???

:confused:

Do you have medical insurance? If you do, I think you should go to the dermatologist and have him or her inject it with cortisone. The zit will subside within 48 hours and it will be gone

I have one of these too, its on the left side of my head and it just wont go away no matter what i do, it has no head so it wont even pop, its been there for about a week or so now, the thing is its very unusual for me to get these sort of lumps on my head, i normally dont get any acne on my head at all, how quick here in the UK can you get in to a dermatologist for a shot, i know the last time i think i had to wait over 3 months once i seen the doctor?.

Just keep icing it and take some ibuprofen. I use Mario Badescu's buffering lotion for cystic acne and it helps reduce those spots overnight. I've had a giant cyst on my forehead for two weeks now and it's gradually shrinking and not as red...that's about all I can ask for.

Just keep icing it and take some ibuprofen. I use Mario Badescu's buffering lotion for cystic acne and it helps reduce those spots overnight. I've had a giant cyst on my forehead for two weeks now and it's gradually shrinking and not as red...that's about all I can ask for.

Once you see it red painful ect would SA help at all at that point. I had a place next to my nose used SA and it didnt get any worse like thought it would. Its gone now.

Icing won't necessarily make anything feel or look better right off the bat. For me it's always a cumulative effect.

Definitely take an anti inflammatory, like ibuprophin.

I managed to squeeze some of the stuff out on monday now its almost completely gone by wednesday woohoo i thought this was gonna be in for the long stay.