Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tigerlily

Thank you to everyone here

Hi everyone. I have been coming here for a few weeks now, reading posts and I just decided that i had to post something just to say how happy i am that i found this board. I used to have pretty bad acne for about 3 years, it's a lot better now, but I'm still pretty self-conscious about scarring on my face. I have never really spoken to anyone about my acne before, and I think i was in denial for quite a while - i didn't want to think of myself as 'having acne', I was ashamed of how I looked. When I was younger I would cover my face in make-up so it looked really unnatural, and just emphasised the spots and the fact that I was trying to hide them. I don't feel that it has ruined my life, I'm popular at school, and I know that guys find me attractive, but I feel like my acne has been a chain holding me back, and even now I'm not completely free. Having acne has definitely influened the kind of person I have become.

Sorry if this has been really boring for you to read, but it feels really good to be able to talk openly about this because I've never been able to before. Thank you to everyone on here who has shared their experiences and opnions, I am so glad I found this board, and feel priveliged to be part of it.

I'm exactly the same as tigerlily, I found this website about a month ago, and it has been a great comfort hearing about other people's experiences and sharing information on how to get rid of this annoying problem!

Again like tigerlily, I have only just started speaking to people about my acne, I was always in denial too. Just saying the word "acne" makes me cringe. I suffer from cystic acne, and although it has improved significantly, and is almost completely gone, I am still prone to the occassional breakout, which isn't helped by the fact that I pick a lot.

I get told that I am a good-looking guy, which upsets me even more because I just think what I could be without acne. I feel it is holding me back, and that I will have regrets later in life. I am in my second year of University, and don't go out in the evenings as much as I would like because a) I don't look very good and B) the sweaty atmosphere in clubs makes me prone to breakouts. Like I say, my acne is almost clear, and I am trying to avoid picking so even if I do get the odd "bump" it isn't really that visible.

My regimen is Minocyline tablets (one per day) when I wake up, and using Neutrogena Clear Pore lotion and moisturiser in the morning, and Benzoyl Peroxide and Zineryt at night. I find this is working well for me, although I won't be completely happy until it's gone. I also have it on my back, upper arms, chest and neck, but again, this is improving.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough. I'd just like to say to everyone that I know what you're going through, and that one day we will be clear!!

Guest fatman_uk

W00t!

Jonathan, has that Clear Pore Lotion got Salicylic Acid in the ingredients list? I think it might since its a pore clearing lotion, which is what S. Acid does. If so it could be more detremental than beneficial... Wow! 2 big words in one post, im doin good! 8)

Anyhow, have u considered tryin strictly THE Regimen? Since ur usin BP already u might find it to be the final kick in the teeth to gettin rid of ur acne prob. :D

-Gaz

your good to go while youre on the regimen no matter what you eat. read some of the past posts on nutrition and you'll find that it doesn't have a severe impact. some people are the healthiest eaters and still get zits. but your skin is your barometer find what works for you. just don't stress out about food. stress plays more of an impact on acne than pasta or donughts. and most of us here are just like you. this condition has held us back or has challenged us to be who we are today. keep on. 8)

i'm not advocating a non healthy lifestyle. the opposite actually. i'm just saying don't STRESS out about it. fundamentally speaking stress is way worse than a slice of bread or pizza.

Guest fatman_uk
i'm not advocating a non healthy lifestyle.

Liar, uLIVE in ur local Starbucks, lol. :)

-Gaz

We have a coffe house here called Port City Java that is SOOOO much better than starbucks!!!

Mercer

Guest fatman_uk

I personally think half my progress in becoming clear was due to eatin well. But it dont think it was THE reason.

Tho i can say now that i can go at least a week without BP an not have any breakout, since my body seems to have detox'd all the old crap out over the past year of healthy eatin. lol :)

-Gaz

sorry timothy. :)

for the record everyones opinion has value and has the right to say what they want. i just ....reacted. :shock:

Yeh Gaz, it does have Salycylic Acid in the ingredients, but I am happy with the lotion and am worried if I stop using it I will get worse.

What, in your opinion, are the bad effects of S. Acid?

Guest fatman_uk

Seems to irritate without causin the prob, an burns me (an most other ppl it seems) whenever used in conjuction with BP/The Regimen.

-Gaz