Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm hoping you all can help!!! I've been using aqua glycolic face wash and face cream for about 3 months now. I have somewhat severe cystic acne. I started getting microderm abrasion a few months ago and my estetician told me that I was drying out my face too much and that was why I was scarring so badly (not to mention I pick which I am desperately trying to stop doing). Anyway, my tone is much more even and the marks are less angry and are fading faster. I also no longer have those large, painful cysts along my jawline. However, I am still breaking out and my face looks as if it has braile written all over it.

I would like to add a BHA to my glycolic regimine. Can anyone recommend a good OTC cream/gel that might finally put an end to my continued breakouts????

It sounds like you may be overdoing it.

Try using a gentle cleanser (morning and night) and treating with AHA or BHA (one at night one in the A.M)

A lot of people on makeupalley like Paula's Choice BHA. Or, you can try the stridex pads for sensitive skin (BHA) those get raves as well.

Or you can use a toner with BHA (Clinique's MILD toner) this one is effective and gentle (no alcohol, one of the no numbers toner)

Good luck!