Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jb Ave

Look what I did!

Sorry I dont have before pics, but this is what Head and Shoulders did for the skin on my upper back and shoulders... I'd say it took about 2-3 months to get it completely clear (well, it's about 95% clear, there are like two or three faded red marks) using H&S, every day on my back. I used about a quarter size amount on each side of my back, rubbed the shampoo in (as disgusting as that feels) and then let it sit while I washed my face, so for about a minute max, I guess. I started noticing results about a week after I began to use the shampoo, and from then on there were VERY few new spots. Then it just started to get clearer. Before this, I had NO LUCK with ANYTHING for my bacne, I was on a bunch of antibiotics but those were just for my face since my derm doesn't know I had bacne :shifty:. So, here are the results, I feel amazingly liberated from this, and I suggest you try it if you are in my situation. Feel free to post comments or your own stories!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c...Yo/Mar09154.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/c...Yo/Mar09153.jpg

This is beautiful, congrats, I have to try it out now since I have terrible bacne as well.

How did you manage to get rid of the scars? Did they peel of with H&S or have you used sth else?

Thanks. I was fortunate enough to not have scarring, since I had mild to moderate bacne only for a short time (not even 1 year, more like 4 months). I'm not sure what would help scarring on your back... Sorry.

do you think it was because it didn't leave the skin on your back dry, like most soaps do, after you shower? I started using one of those "moisturizing" body washes and it cleared me up pretty well, about 80%. Did you just use regular Head and shoulders?? i know they have like different variations of their product...

I'll move this to the body acne forum as it fits much better there than in emotional and psychological effects of acne forum. :)

Congrats on finding the benefits of H&S! I like Selsun Blue myself. :D

Sounds good Wynne =]

Martha, I decided to try it because of the posts I'd seen on this site where people had had some success with it.

I used the moisturizing scalp shampoo, then the classic clean, then the ocean lift [retarded as that all sounds] and I didn't notice a huge difference between them. Classic Clean may have been the most beneficial.

I wouldn't put it on my face though, that's just too nasty.

Hmm... I just bought a BP wash that would be suitable to use for body, but does anyone know if it is a bad idea to use it, since I'm using H&S atm?

Well nobody said it should be applied to face, it obviously shouldn't, but for body acne it sounds as good idea

I switched to this shampoo for my very mild bacne and it helped me, I am now 98% clear! I think like anything else it's all about trial and error, it might work for some and it might not work for others, you just have to try it is all...

^ Get classic clean from costco! But you have to buy a HUGE bottle. About $8.

I started using it just 4 days ago. I can see some improvement already... but it might just be placebo effect. Ha ha. I notice that my back skin is a lot dryer after i started H&S. I hope it works. I read that something in H&S... ZINC i believe... treats acne.

Vampire, I got the idea from these forums. I was skeptical but sort of desperate. =]

And yes, it is expensive, but honestly I'm willing to pay for a few bottles of that if the alternative is telling my derm and then getting prescriptions or something from her that probably cost 5x as much at least. (Health insurance doesn't cover everything, had to pay $90 for a bottle of mino or something >.<)