Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

is this a good combination to start off dans regimen?

I should get my order of cleaser, bp, moisturizer, and Jojoba oil by next week.

some info on me first: 15, acne on chin and forehead. seems hormonal

now in the morning and night I was thinking of this..

Morning:

-brush teeth

-cleanser while in shower

-get out of shower, dry off, get dressed, fix hair

-add a pump of BP

-get some mouthwash in, wait a couple minutes after that as well

-add 1 pump of moisturizer with 5 drops of jojoba oil

Night:

Cleanser in shower

get out of shower, dry off, wait a couple minutes after that

add a pump of BP

sit down for a few minutes, go on computer for a couple minutes

add 1 pump of moisturizer with 5 drops of jojoba oil

*I will also wash hands in between each step*

would that be a good way to start off my regimen?

2 weeks later how about this...

Morning:

same as first couple weeks listed above

Night:

everything the same except replace moisturizer and jojoba oil with AHA+(with no jojoba oil)

would that be a good regimen a couple weeks into it?

so far thats a real good regimen its almost like mine except i don't have jojoba oil. One thing i need to say is, i don't think u will need two pumps of moisturizer because that seems like a lot i only use one pump and its enough for me. Another thing would be i wouldn't add jojoba oil to the AHA because i think its moisturizes real good on its own. Those are just my opinions.

yea everything looks good to me, except you may want to start with only a half pump for the first week. Make sure your face is totally dry though in between steps. You should be good to go! Don't start AHA+ until your face is fully used to the 2 pumps of Bp either. (A few weeks)

so far thats a real good regimen its almost like mine except i don't have jojoba oil. One thing i need to say is, i don't think u will need two pumps of moisturizer because that seems like a lot i only use one pump and its enough for me. Another thing would be i wouldn't add jojoba oil to the AHA because i think its moisturizes real good on its own. Those are just my opinions.

thanks for the reply. and yea 2 pumps of moisturizer seemed like a lot so I changed the post to 1 pump. I also shouldve been more clear on the fact that the AHA+ wouldnt have jojoba oil. i edited the post to clarify that. I also may not buy the jojoba oil because I feel if I need it badly ill just order it when my skin gets so dry that the moisturizer isnt working(because I may react to the moisturizer well) ill keep the jojoba oil in that post just to get more oppinions.

yea everything looks good to me, except you may want to start with only a half pump for the first week. Make sure your face is totally dry though in between steps. You should be good to go! Don't start AHA+ until your face is fully used to the 2 pumps of Bp either. (A few weeks)

why do I want my face dry in between steps? and thanks for the reply

also make sure to wash ur hands before putting BP n the moisturizer on

yeah i forgot to add that.

Looks fine, except you are forgetting to brush your teeth at night!

lol. oops, forgot to put that in. i wont forget when im doing it lol

another question to everyone:

SHOULD I NOT BUY THE JOJOBA OIL UNTIL MY SKIN JUST ISNT REACTING WELL TO THE MOISTURIZER? because I dont wanna buy it and not use it or the jojoba oil not react well. not sure..

Youll be fine with jojoba right away man dont worry you will not have any sort of reaction :)

Dans moistorizor already has a little jojoba in it, adding a few drops on will make application very easy.

hey man i too am in high school, im from australia, my final year, im 17 atm and i have light / mild acne... i do this in the morning b4 school....

-wake up at 7:30am

-cup of cofee LOL (cant stay awake without it)

-brush teeth / mouth wash

-shower about 7:45am - shampoo , wash body etc etc

-CLENSE just before getting out of the shower.. rinse face off.. get out of the shwoer

-pat down face... dry hair with tower till semi dry.. put on singlet, pants etc

-Apply 1/2 pump of BP.. i dont have acne on my cheeks i just put on my forehead, chin nose and upper lip so i use less for morning... i moisturise my cheeks now with a different moisturiser to my other areas at the same time as there is no Bp on it

-Then i eat breakky (8:10).. i eat slowly and watch tv / listen 2 radio or read paper w/e take my time 2 allow BP to absorb... about 15-20 mins i get back in the bathroom

-moisturise - i dont use dans moisture i use a different one and i use an oil called bio oil to stop the little flakes just incasse my skin drys at school... keeps me moisturised for the majority of the day

- then i put on my shirt and do my hair last before i leave to school at like 8:30am

i just read that u do your hair b4 BP or something... but my hairs quite long coz im asian with the fringe and everything dunno bout you but sometimes it gets in the way etc lolz

yeh gl with everythin =]

Youll be fine with jojoba right away man dont worry you will not have any sort of reaction :)

Dans moistorizor already has a little jojoba in it, adding a few drops on will make application very easy.

thanks! how does the jojoba oil change the application? does it make it easier to apply or what? I may use only 3 drops instead of 5 just to start out and if it makes my face greasey at night I will only use it at night and use just moisturizer in the morning. not sure yet, but will know soon!

hey man i too am in high school, im from australia, my final year, im 17 atm and i have light / mild acne... i do this in the morning b4 school....

-CLENSE just before getting out of the shower.. rinse face off.. get out of the shwoer

-Apply 1/2 pump of BP.. i dont have acne on my cheeks i just put on my forehead, chin nose and upper lip so i use less for morning... i moisturise my cheeks now with a different moisturiser to my other areas at the same time as there is no Bp on it

-Then i eat breakky (8:10).. i eat slowly and watch tv / listen 2 radio or read paper w/e take my time 2 allow BP to absorb... about 15-20 mins i get back in the bathroom

-moisturise - i dont use dans moisture i use a different one and i use an oil called bio oil to stop the little flakes just incasse my skin drys at school... keeps me moisturised for the majority of the day

- then i put on my shirt and do my hair last before i leave to school at like 8:30am

i just read that u do your hair b4 BP or something... but my hairs quite long coz im asian with the fringe and everything dunno bout you but sometimes it gets in the way etc lolz

yeh gl with everythin =]

thank you very much!!

thanks! how does the jojoba oil change the application? does it make it easier to apply or what? I may use only 3 drops instead of 5 just to start out and if it makes my face greasey at night I will only use it at night and use just moisturizer in the morning. not sure yet, but will know soon!

yeh gl with everythin =]

thank you very much!!

The jojoba will make the moistorizor more liquidy....Your face may appear greasy, so you can cut back on drops if you wish. Personally i kind of liked the greasy look when i was on the regimen lol

yeh gl with everythin =]

thank you very much!!

The jojoba will make the moistorizor more liquidy....Your face may appear greasy, so you can cut back on drops if you wish. Personally i kind of liked the greasy look when i was on the regimen lol

ha alright. heres another question for you and everyone else. now ive been using oxy 10% BP wash with the oxy 2% saclicyic acid pads. now my friend has been telling me im clearing up a little, but I feel with that I cleared up to a point where I still have some pimples and redness but it just stopped improving. Like its keeping it from getting worse but it got good and it stays at that point. with the regimen im not using a BP cleanser and im only using a 2% BP treatment. do you guys think the regimen is better than my oxy system, im using?

Like looking at my results with oxy do you expect better results with the regimen?

should I use the oxy 10% cleanser instead of dans cleanser with the regimen?

If your satisfied with what you have now then stick with what your doing. The regimen will eventually get you 100% clear, but it can be a major hassle and it wasn't for me. You will have an opportunity to be totally clear though.

If your satisfied with what you have now then stick with what your doing. The regimen will eventually get you 100% clear, but it can be a major hassle and it wasn't for me. You will have an opportunity to be totally clear though.

yeah i see. thanks