Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wapak

The true holistic approach

My anti-fast is going smoothly. 2 days of high fat, high carb (though all generally acne-friendly) BIG meals. The kind of stuff that's a bomb to blood sugar, insulin, and all that. Probably 4k-5k calories per day as opposed to the usual 1500-1800.

The results? I'm looking significantly better, and feeling MUCH better.

Other factors/info:

-Exercising 1hr everyday instead of 30 minutes every other day

-Less worrying about food could be playing a factor

-For the most part the foods I eat haven't changed, just more of them

-Haven't changed anything topical-wise

oh and for the record i don't plan on keeping this up past a week...2 maybe if it's really working out well. i rather see it as a bastardized, less-grueling (quite yummy actually) master cleanse, apple cleanse, etc :cool:

I will try your method of steaming than the baking soda thing than the acv toner. Do i have to let the toner on when its on my face or i have to rinse it?

Oh, and I will also take olive oil before I do my workout. How much should i take?

I dunno how they apply the acv. You can try either way and see for yourself which is better. About the Olive Oil, any amount you can take. It's really up to you. The power is in your hands! :lol:

Keep in mind though, that anything that is too much is not good. ;)

i tried drinking olive oil, and boy it was so freaken gross i almost threw it back up.

I will try your method of steaming than the baking soda thing than the acv toner. Do i have to let the toner on when its on my face or i have to rinse it?

Oh, and I will also take olive oil before I do my workout. How much should i take?

I dunno how they apply the acv. You can try either way and see for yourself which is better. About the Olive Oil, any amount you can take. It's really up to you. The power is in your hands! :lol:

i tried drinking olive oil, and boy it was so freaken gross i almost threw it back up.

Lmao.

:lol:

I really dunno dude. I haven't even seen an olive oil yet. XD

With your reaction I think I dun wanna try it anymore. Well, there's the flax seed and coconut oil. I think? :)

or it's probably supposed to be taken from a dish that uses olive oil instead of drinking it on it's own. =]

To everyone reading this post, for the digestive bit, ie clearing your system, there is an ayurvedic remedy called 'TRIPHALA' (literally translates as '3 fruits'). For any skin problem, the ayurvedic doctor usually starts by prescribing triphala as a means to cleanse the system so that they can have a clean slate (so to speak) to work with.

Be warned though, the stuff is bitter. It is a mild purgative and is probably the best remedy to cleanse the system

All the best with getting better

My anti-fast is going smoothly. 2 days of high fat, high carb (though all generally acne-friendly) BIG meals. The kind of stuff that's a bomb to blood sugar, insulin, and all that. Probably 4k-5k calories per day as opposed to the usual 1500-1800.

The results? I'm looking significantly better, and feeling MUCH better.

Other factors/info:

-Exercising 1hr everyday instead of 30 minutes every other day

-Less worrying about food could be playing a factor

-For the most part the foods I eat haven't changed, just more of them

-Haven't changed anything topical-wise

YES. There's a reason that you're feeling so good eating high-starch high-fat.

http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/

Read through the comments section. I promise it's worth it.

Haha yeah...I'm Harper, btw, in the comments section. I truly love that blog and so many good things have happened since you put up the link to it a few months ago. I've been looking for a good health blog for a long time and the 180 degree one really just fits with my personal philosophies. I can't thank you enough

I have been reading the blog lately, I must say it is really messing up my sleep because I am up so late reading it! Very good info., a must read, I'd say. I want to buy the weight loss book, but am pretty sure it will say what I already know.

I have been reading the blog lately, I must say it is really messing up my sleep because I am up so late reading it! Very good info., a must read, I'd say. I want to buy the weight loss book, but am pretty sure it will say what I already know.

We're not reading the same blog...he doesn't sell a weight loss book, that isn't what the site is about...

Yeah, he shares wonderful thoughts that makes sense in the safe side. Unlike with BP that makes sense but is on the harmful side. =]

Ok not weight loss, but health. I just said that b/c it is kind of for weight loss. So his metabolism book, if we must get political about it.

I guess it just makes it more confusing, actually. So I think I might just try the "High everything" diet or the "eat whatever the heck I feel like diet". I am tired of worrying so much about this and that. I figure if I eat enough, and it is good quality food...most of the time...I could be OK. If not, well then it's back to the drawing board.

It is kind of fun eating carbs for once. I plant to really pig out this weekend on "bad foods"

Ok not weight loss, but health. I just said that b/c it is kind of for weight loss. So his metabolism book, if we must get political about it.

I guess it just makes it more confusing, actually. So I think I might just try the "High everything" diet or the "eat whatever the heck I feel like diet". I am tired of worrying so much about this and that. I figure if I eat enough, and it is good quality food...most of the time...I could be OK. If not, well then it's back to the drawing board.

It is kind of fun eating carbs for once. I plant to really pig out this weekend on "bad foods"

Just make sure to eat an apple in the morning, exercise and have some good oils he mentioned.

hey so is carbs are bad for you right? would wholemeal and whole grain bread be a god alternative or is that still bad for you?

hey so is carbs are bad for you right? would wholemeal and whole grain bread be a god alternative or is that still bad for you?

get Ezekiel bread. guilt-free, especially compared to bread made from flour (even whole grain)

Acne is so confusing. I just read another post that said the cure to acne is to eat smaller meals and avoid large portions like the plague. Now this one says large portions clean you out. Also how much olive oil should i take?

Acne is so confusing. I just read another post that said the cure to acne is to eat smaller meals and avoid large portions like the plague. Now this one says large portions clean you out. Also how much olive oil should i take?

You bet! Acne gives a coin multiple sides. >_<

It doesn't matter anyway how much food you eat. The main idea behind eating large portions is to push the food out of your system faster to avoid toxic buildup in your body. Exercising and consuming good oils will help this process and the apple in the morning too.

About the amount, there is no exact needed, as long as you get not too little and not too much. Just incorporate it into your diet in anyway you like in any amount you want. Experimenting is the way. Choose which is most comfortable for you! ;)

yeah tony theres a post saying "DONT BINGE EAT" and now this article says "EAT ALOT!" so confusing....

i would worry too much about carbs or not. Just try to balance ur food. Make sure to have plenty of meat and oils. If u going to try to avoid carbs its going to put crazy stress on you, which is not good. Key is BALANCED diet, it probably better of balance is tilted towards protein and fat foods but not all together. Also listen to ur stomach if u eat something see how your stomach reacts to eat, if nothing happen pure enjoyment than food is ok. For me when i eat rice ill get full but i would be not the good type of full.

Thanks for posting this wapak. I've read your other posts as well, including the one on not washing your face. I will start to eat two apples in the morning, and I'm already getting plenty of oils from flaxseed supplements and from the olive oil and rice bran oils my mother uses in her cooking. I also try to get some fish at least once a week.

Also, I think what Eric Masterson means by eating large amounts of food is to eat large amounts of healthy, nutrient dense foods, rather than binging on highly processed foods. It used to be that government health organisations recommended eating 2 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables per day (Australian Government). Contemporary health experts now recommend anywhere up to 10 servings of fruit and vegetables per day, along with about 50 grams of whole grain, some nuts and seeds, oily fish, lean meat and two servings of organic dairy. It makes sense to have more of the good things as it leaves no room for junk food and keeps insulin levels balanced, whilst allowing your digestive system to work at its optimum.

another thing to add about the large quantity food...

I get full after eating a plate full of veggies, but the calories i get from them are not much.

now, eating just one slice of pizza would have 3 times more calories than that but not fill me up.

It does make sense. I wish the OP would explain it a little bit better, but Great simple advice, the king that is needed.

@solothink

Yup, your right. What he said is eating large meals of healthy foods. But you can "sometimes" eat large amount of unhealthy foods yet get away with it because of your healthy functioning digestive system.

Hey, I'm loving my high-everything diet. Does anyone have any more info/links on it?

That 180degreehealth site is spot on with just about everything they say, but it's seriously annoying how on every page they try to sell you their stuff. It would definitely trigger a "scam" alert in me if I were an outsider ("Do you want to eat as much as you want and STILL LOSE WEIGHT? BUY OUR BOOK!"). Ugh, surely scaring people away from some quality nutritional advice.

Any other place that advocates a nutrient-rich, high-everything diet without coming off as a pushy salesman?