Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustPlainMe

SAY NO TO NEUTROGENA (burnt skin picture)

I am against animals tested products. But when my face got bad i was told that i should at least try Nuetrogena. Well, now i know why i don't use animal tested products....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/Luna...NuetroBurn2.jpg

It chemically burnt my skin off! It's like that all over my entire face. I'm too ashamed to show my whole face.

This is from the Clean Pore mask/cleanser. Used once. Today. I'm in so much pain right now, i can't even move my face. I can only imagine what it was like for the animals this product was tested on.

People thought i was silly about the whole "no animal tested" products. But I don't care. I made this one mistake, and i have been punished for it.

(just so everyone knows, i haven't used animal tested products in YEARS. This was my first slip up)

Woah. It looks like it literally burned your face off. :/ Ouch. That's gonna take at least a few days to heal.

I'll be sure to never use that product.

yes, yes it did.

Oh my gosh the pain! It's like a tight feeling. Like my skin has been stretched to it's limit. Like someone set my face on fire, and then ripped my face off. Then rubbed some salt in it for a piercing stinging effect.

It;s horrible.

And I have the raccoon look. EVERYTHING burnt off except around my eyes.

Neatrogena Clear Pore Mask/cleanser, right? Hm... I've used this product and have only had amazing results. Is it possible you are allergic to b.p.? Did you use a moisturizer?

That's exactly what I'm saying. I use the product all the time, and have never had this reaction. It seems like you had a allergic reaction.

I'm not allergic to BP because i bought BP from Dan and use it from time to time.

That picture is what my face looked like RIGHT after i rinsed the product off. And I only used the product that ONE time.

I do have rosacea so I'm thinking that has something to do with it.

Did u over do it with washing ur face? I didnt like this product, it made my skin really red and dry and tight too, horrible product......Dont know what Jen Love Hewitt was thinking when she indorsed this product years ago!!!!

I actually just got done posting on a topic about the Neutrogena healthy skin makeup. I am so glad you posted this because I had that same reacting to their spot treatment! I've never had any allergies or complications from makeup or cleansers and have always had more combination skin. After using that spot treatment my face was inflamed and was extremely painful. Its like you said, it basically burned my skin right off my face. I just went out and bought Cetaphil moisturizer hoping that it will calm my skin. I will never buy anything Neutrogena again

First, sorry to hear of your situation. I agree with others that it's likely an allergic reaction to something in the product.

I for one use a couple of Neutrogena products...pore refining toner and on the spot. It's the only thing I find that helps control my acne. It's more opaque than Dan's BP, which forces you to rub it into your skin better and gives you a matte look, as opposed to Dan's BP which is more gel like and leaves your skin with a shine.

I have noticed that my skin has become sensitive to other chemicals. For example, I can't use most of the commercially available sunscreens...anything with oxycinnimate or oxybenzone..those will give me an all over face rash that looks like I just came back from skiing.

Just chiming in....

wow. i feel so bad for you!

i thought neutrogena was good...i'm currently using the bar soap for acne-prone skin and i like it a lot...

I use quite a few Neutrogena products daily without any problems:

Healthy Skin Facial Lotion Night (8% AHA) - amazing product

Ultra-Sheer Sunblock SPF 30

Body Acne Wash - for those occasional little zits on my back

If I had to guess, I would say you had a reaction to either the menthol (which can be a skin irritant) or the citric acid, which can also be an irritant. I know when I use shampoos or conditioners with citric acid, my skin has a reaction to it.

I am against animals tested products. But when my face got bad i was told that i should at least try Nuetrogena. Well, now i know why i don't use animal tested products....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/Luna...NuetroBurn2.jpg

It chemically burnt my skin off! It's like that all over my entire face. I'm too ashamed to show my whole face.

This is from the Clean Pore mask/cleanser. Used once. Today. I'm in so much pain right now, i can't even move my face. I can only imagine what it was like for the animals this product was tested on.

People thought i was silly about the whole "no animal tested" products. But I don't care. I made this one mistake, and i have been punished for it.

(just so everyone knows, i haven't used animal tested products in YEARS. This was my first slip up)

neutrogena is total shite product, it smells and looks harsh.. but dont worry that redness will go away soon. just avoide their products.