Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah so I just got the Organic ACV after hearing all these raving reviews about it. But I just can't stomach the taste. When I take the cap off I want to vomit, the smell of it just makes me curl. When I finally muster up the courage to throw it down I want to throw up, I gag and it burns the shit out of my throat, even when it's diluted with water the taste is still so strong.

Does anyone know how to make this crap the least bit tolerable. It tastes sooo bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

try mixing it in something you like like juice. Put honey in it. Follow it with a chaser of some sort. You dont have to do all these, just a few ideas!

yea what the above poster said. Mix it with O.J. or honey and water and shake well... dont down it straight itll mess your teeth up

its because your either putting too much acv or very little water. i use about 2 tsp of acv then fill the whole cup with water. the taste is not bad at all, but when i tried putting more acv, the taste became horrible.

Yeah so I just got the Organic ACV after hearing all these raving reviews about it. But I just can't stomach the taste. When I take the cap off I want to vomit, the smell of it just makes me curl. When I finally muster up the courage to throw it down I want to throw up, I gag and it burns the shit out of my throat, even when it's diluted with water the taste is still so strong.

Does anyone know how to make this crap the least bit tolerable. It tastes sooo bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

apple juice. it blends in quite well naturally, altho obviously you can still taste it. its just not as bad.

It shouldn't be that potent; mix 1 or 2 teaspoons in one cup (250ml) of water and if necessary or if you like add in one or 2 teaspoons of raw honey to suit your taste.

As others have said you could mix it in to something you like instead of just plain water or if you want, dilute it in water and something else you like.

Yeah that's what I am using, 2 teaspoons twice a day. But not in 250ml of water, it's diluted in a lot less. But yeah I find if i fill an entire cup of it with something it's just prolonging the torture because it takes so much longer to drink.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

More tips welcome.

Yeah that's what I am using, 2 teaspoons twice a day. But not in 250ml of water, it's diluted in a lot less. But yeah I find if i fill an entire cup of it with something it's just prolonging the torture because it takes so much longer to drink.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

More tips welcome.

I've tried ACV a few times and have NEVER been able to get it down. The only thing that worked was mixing in two teaspoons with my green smoothie.

Even in the green smoothie I could still SMELL a tiny tiny bit of ACV and it made an enjoyable experience, not so enjoyable. I stopped mixing it in after a few days. (but I could get it down with out gagging)

I tried that for a while... first, it was a huge ordeal of getting it down with pineapple orange juice, water and a lot of rinsing. When that got old, I went out and purchased the supplements and downed them with grape juice... even THAT was extremely unpleasant, because there was still a strong taste and burning sensation.

Maybe I'll pick it up again one day... for now, though, it got old really, really fast. :confused:

yeah, I just take a big tall glass, fill it with water, and put the mere 2 tsp and it tastes fine.

I do heat the water up though, drinking it cold really is quite nasty.

And honey helps alot for taste, and is also supposedly good for the skin? When I ate honey my skin cleared up dramatically one time, but I don't know if it was coincidence.

Like I said, heat up some water in the microwave first, like you would make some instant tea or coffee, and then put the ACV in. It is much easier for me to drink this way, I am drinking some right now that has cooled off and it's so much worse haha.

Don't overheat the water though, boiling it or getting close to boiling might kill the mother? Idk.

It tastes fine, really? Lol. Yeah the people saying they dropped it fast I can totally understand, it tastes like...well it's pretty undescribable.

Hmmm.....I just mix vinegar in some water and drink it down, like some of the others do. It didn't take me very long to get used to the taste. If the stuff is so utterly intolerable to you as you say, maybe you just aren't meant to be using it! :think:

BTW, I don't think it's a good idea to try to mask the flavor by mixing it with other substances like honey or smoothies. In my opinion, all that does is ruin the taste of those other products for you. Either gradually get accustomed to the taste of vinegar all by itself, or stop using it altogether.

does anyone have any experience with the effectiveness of the ACV supplements. Ä° can't get organic apple cider vinegar where Ä° live but Ä° can get the pills. And on top of that they seem so much more convenient to take?