Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 5 year old sister (yes, 5) is sitting infront of my mirror putting my make up on. Foundation blush etc. Luckily its all mineral. Shes upset because her 'friend' at school told her that their other friend is 'prettier than her' and says she wants to cut all of her long curly hair off to her shoulders and have it straight from now on. Shes sitting infront of the mirror putting make up on and fiddling with her hair getting upset about how she looks.

WHAT THE FUCK.

My 5 year old sister is already being subjected to the miseries that society puts us through, she's 5!!!! What the hell am i meant to do/say????

How is this happening?

WHy is the world like this?

Tell her not to worry and that 'other friend' will probably end up having 3 kids to different dads and by the time she is 16 will be living in social housing. :D

My 5 year old sister (yes, 5) is sitting infront of my mirror putting my make up on. Foundation blush etc. Luckily its all mineral. Shes upset because her 'friend' at school told her that their other friend is 'prettier than her' and says she wants to cut all of her long curly hair off to her shoulders and have it straight from now on. Shes sitting infront of the mirror putting make up on and fiddling with her hair getting upset about how she looks.

WHAT THE FUCK.

My 5 year old sister is already being subjected to the miseries that society puts us through, she's 5!!!! What the hell am i meant to do/say????

How is this happening?

pull her the fuck out of public school... man im glad when i was 5 i didnt have to deal with adult shite.. kids need to play and have fun not worry about shite us adults go thru everyday! damn i hate TV, kids at younger and younger ages are being subjected to things like Hanna Montana and all that other bullshite propaganda on TV.. its sad.

when i was 5 i wasent worried about getting laid, looking good, trying to be "popular", and all that other crap.. poor kids.

This stuff happens EVERYWHERE, not just public school. Money does not = morals. C'mon now.

Why not just tell your sister that the other little girl is wrong? Your sister, believe it or not, is molding her opinion about herself by watching you, your mom, and other older females in her life, not from the other 5 year old girl. The other little 5 year old is being molded by the older females in her life, so it's up to you and your female family members and friends to set an example. I know acne is an issue for all of us, but if you want her to exude confidence in herself, she has to learn how to harness it from somewhere, and that somewhere is from you. :) You're her big sister. She looks up to you.

Little kids, in general, are jerks.

Come to think of it, big kids, in general, are jerks.

And so are most adults.

(Sigh.) People suck.

Agreed. I'd tell your sister that jealous and mean people say things on purpose to hurt other people's feelings and let her know that you think she's pretty. Ask her to keep telling you the things that other people say so that you can help her understand the truth (that she's not ugly or lacking in any way).

WHAT THE FUCK.

How is this happening?

pull her the fuck out of public school... man im glad when i was 5 i didnt have to deal with adult shite.. kids need to play and have fun not worry about shite us adults go thru everyday! damn i hate TV, kids at younger and younger ages are being subjected to things like Hanna Montana and all that other bullshite propaganda on TV.. its sad.

when i was 5 i wasent worried about getting laid, looking good, trying to be "popular", and all that other crap.. poor kids.

It happens everywhere. Get used to LIFE.

This stuff happens EVERYWHERE, not just public school. Money does not = morals. C'mon now.

Why not just tell your sister that the other little girl is wrong? Your sister, believe it or not, is molding her opinion about herself by watching you, your mom, and other older females in her life, not from the other 5 year old girl. The other little 5 year old is being molded by the older females in her life, so it's up to you and your female family members and friends to set an example. I know acne is an issue for all of us, but if you want her to exude confidence in herself, she has to learn how to harness it from somewhere, and that somewhere is from you. :) You're her big sister. She looks up to you.

Hear hear!

My sister is fifteen, and I'm still trying to instill in her a sense of self-love. Show your sister through your actions that all the has to do to be beautiful, wonderful and loved is to be herself. It's unfortunate that not enough girls (and boys, even) have learned that lesson.

unfortunately, billion dollar corporations invest tons of money into making girls feel bad about themselves. even the disney channel is full of picture-perfect 13 year old girls that look 18. it's not fair that little girls are subjected to this brainwashing bullshit... yes schools are awful but that's not the source of the problem.

See, when I was in elementary school, all I was concerned of was having fun.

The whole entire school was. No "he-said she-said" bull crap or what. We thought dating was gross, holding hands with someone of the opposite gender was gross, and most of all, we didn't give a shit about make up and looking "hot".

That should be normal! I'm only 17! That wasn't that long ago!

I have friends just a few years younger and they share stories of how in elementary school, some girls started wearing make up and wearing skanky clothes.

What the hell? Is that "normal" now?

This subject angers me. :I

Don't let your sister fall into that bullcrap. What the hell...