Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polska Laska

Found my new holy grail toner

My boyfriend works for Nutrition House in Canada, and I was wondering around the store about a month ago, and I found this toner by a company called NewCo. It's their "Balancing Toner" with active Hyaluronic Acid. These are the ingredients:

Balancing Toner - Active Hyaluronic Acid - Pink Grapefruit (110ml): Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Witch Hazel, Glycerine, Fruit Acids (derived from grapefruit, kiwi fruit & honey), Polysorbate 20 (coconut derived emulsifier), DL-Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate (natural preservative), Essential Oil of Pink Grapefruit, Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase Glucose (natural preservative), Tocopherol (natural vitamin E), Hyaluronic Acid, Certified Organic Tea Tree Oil.

I started to use it a few weeks ago, and I liked it because it removed the rest of my makeup effectively, and didn't break me out. But then I noticed that my red marks were fading fast when I wasn't even doing anything to treat them. I checked my cleanser which has jojoba oil in it, and thought it might be that! But then I remembered that my toner was packed with good stuff too (which is why I bought it, and my boyfriend recommended it). So I checked the ingredients and thought, it could be the vitamin E or the tea tree oil (or aloe, or witch hazel?). All I know is that I can't believe how fast my red marks are fading... The left side of my chin, red marks are almost gone. The good thing is, I've been taking pictures over the past month! About 1-2/ week, so I have my progress documented. I'm about to head out for breakfast with my boyfriend, so when I get home this afternoon, I'll re-edit this post with my progress pictures. Let me know if anyone has tried this toner. It's my new holy grail, and even though it costs about $18 CDN per bottle, I'm going to continue to buy this baby!

I 100% recomment this product, and I've NEVER been able to say that about any facial product before.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

that's awesome to hear, I'll have to try that out myself.

Also what else do you use on your face for the acne itself and where does the toner fit in with your regimen?

that's awesome to hear, I'll have to try that out myself.

Also what else do you use on your face for the acne itself and where does the toner fit in with your regimen?

This is my current regimine:

AM

Cleanse with cetaphil cleanser

Moisterize with complex 15

Apply EDM mineral makeup

PM

Cleanse with Garnier Nutritioniste Jojoba Scrub Cleanser (I spent a whole afternoon going through the face cleansers isle and FINALLY found one that didn't have perfume, or other ingredients listed on the "common acne mistakes" thread. This one has microbeads and is quite gentle.

Then I apply the Newco toner all over my face. (I do this only in the PM to thoroughly remove my makeup from the AM), and then head to bed! I don't moisturize in the PM, as this toner has aloe as its second ingredient, and that's moisterizing enough for me. If I have any pimples that I (I know its bad) popped CAREFULLY and are healing, I apply a dab of polysporin extra strength overnight, I found that I was less likely to get red marks when I used polysporin. If Its a new pimple/cyst that I haven't popped or can't pop, I use a dab of a sulpher mask (12% sulpher, from Proactiv) to bring all the gunk to the surface, and literally ALWAYS does the next morning... Don't use a sulpher mask as a spot treatment unless you want your zit to come to a head very quickly... I usually don't do this if I have an event the next day, and I don't want to pop a zit.

I had used AVC for about 3-4 weeks, and didn't see much change except my red spots seemed to get redder over time... Maybe the acidity was too much (I diluted 50/50 though).

Hope this helps,

PL.

I've been using the proactiv toner, but I'm in the market for a new one. This might just be the one I'm looking for.

By the way is this the following link the toner that you're using? If so I need to order some for myself.

http://www.aviva.ca/shop/products.asp?item...6&catid=158

Hi JimSta,

That's the one! If your skin was okay with proactiv's toner, it will most likely be fine with this one as they both use witch hazel. I found this toner to be extremely gentle. Good luck, let me know if you get it and how you like it!

I'm glad you found the one you like. I love Avon's Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. I use it after washing every other day. Beautiful results for me.

I'm glad you found the one you like. I love Avon's Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. I use it after washing every other day. Beautiful results for me.

Thanks Wynne, I just checked out Avon's website and found the peel you were talking about. I want to try a glycolic peel, and those pads look neat and easy to apply. I might consider ordering that peel for those weekend bath and magazine lazy nights! Take care =)