Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pyromanic

To Dan and DKR experts: The DKR, exercise and sweating

Hello, I'm a 17 year old female with mild/light acne from Sydney, Australia and I've just started the DKR using the following replacement products instead:

A'kin Sandalwood & Neroli Pure Facial Cleansing Gel with Vit B5 & Witch Hazel

Benzac AC Acne Gel Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (will buy Dan's BP after I finish this)

A'kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme with Olive Extract & Vit B5 & E (not in sun)

QV Face Moisturising Day Cream with SPF 30+ for sensitive skin (in the sun)

Anyway, being in Australia, the climate can get very hot and humid, and whilst I'm at school, I can get ridiculously sweaty around my lunchbreak (1pm), and I'm wondering if I should gently cleanse my face at this point since a sweaty environment promotes the growth of acne bacteria. However, this means I would have to wash my face 3 times daily, which may become too drying. So should I just put up with it and wait until the evening to wash my face so I only wash twice a day? I have thought about simply doing my PM session earlier, so again I still only wash twice a day, but get the benefits of having less sweat, but with the small amount of time between the AM and PM session, I risk irritating my skin. Or should I just go ahead and very, very gently wash my face as well during lunchbreak, and if so, should I still apply the BP or just my SPF?

What if I exercise? I have an important cross-country running event as well as an athletics carnival in a few weeks, and I think I will definitely have to cleanse my face after doing these events, but should I also apply the BP before my SPF/moisturiser?

I'm just starting the DKR so I don't want to go off a tangent and risk ruining the program!

I'm open to all suggestions and comments, and especially those with experience! Thanks a lot.

If you're getting sweaty mid-day, you could try either gently washing your face or just splashing some water on it. Stick to doing The Regimen in the morning and before bed. There's really no need to re-apply in the middle of the day.

If you're getting sweaty mid-day, you could try either gently washing your face or just splashing some water on it. Stick to doing The Regimen in the morning and before bed. There's really no need to re-apply in the middle of the day.

Thanks for the suggestion, it makes sense because the BP should already be well absorbed into my skin by that time (I do the AM regimen around 7), and simply applying a good SPF to protect my skin from Australia's harsh sun should be sufficient.

I wouldn't wash my face in the middle of the day if I were you, just stick to the 2 times. About the sweat then, 1. You can let your face airdry or 2. You can pat dry the worst sweat off with a towel. From what I've read and experienced sweat has nothing to do with acne, thats just another myth. If I heavily sweat early after doing the regimen and don't do anything about it until the second nightregimen nothing happens acnewise. Good luck with the regimen, I've crossed my 2 week mark and it's looking good :)

yeah but by not washing face, pyromanic will feel yucky with all that sweat on face.. the way I see it, it's normal to wash 3x a day during hot weather.

it's like going to the gym, sweat, get out of gym without washing.. that'll probably feel uncomfortable.