Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teadrinker

please, I am in desperate need of help (green tea question)

Cut back on how much you drink and see if it helps. Green tea makes some people worse.

I doubt that the topical application is doing anything but soothing and reducing inflammation.

should I stick with the topical green tea applications/drinking the tea?

Drinking one or two cups MAX of Green Tea should help you - period. Applications will not help at all! You should not be consuming soo much green tea (or any other beverage) in one day. Everything in moderation. If you want some other things to cosume for your pimples try eating the following:

Fruits:

Raspberries

Blueberries

Strawberries

Blackberries

Veggies:

Soy beans (edamame)

Parsley (salad..tabouli)

Broccoli

Spinach

Dark Chocolate (having 60% or more cocoa)

Almonds (plain..dont get the roasted kind or salted kind either)

Pumpkin seeds

Sunflower seeds

and always drink plenty of water!! and remember everything in moderation!

I am in desperate need of advice, here is my problem: I started using topically applied organic green tea bags on my face two weeks ago and also drinking 5 cups of decaf green tea a day. Everything was going really well, my red spots were going down fast and my acne was going away on most of my face, however the acne on my forehead has increased dramatically and gotten extremely worse over the past 3 days. My forehead has never been this bad, the entirety of it is red and inflamed and there are large cysts that I have never seen before. The rest of my face however is perhaps the best it has ever been. I have no idea what to do, should I stick with the topical green tea applications/drinking the tea? Or should I stop the green tea applications to my forehead completely? My forehead is ligitimately disgusting and I am embarassed to get a haircut and expose my forehead for the world to see. Can someone please help me? I am at my wits end and I have no idea what to do Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

First; 5 cups is probably excessive. If you think the green tea is causing it, cut it out for a few days and maintain everything else and see what happens.

Is there anything else you have changed diet-wise? how about your stress-levels? Most people believe that forehead acne is hormonal.

should I stick with the topical green tea applications/drinking the tea?

Drinking one or two cups MAX of Green Tea should help you - period. Applications will not help at all! You should not be consuming soo much green tea (or any other beverage) in one day. Everything in moderation. If you want some other things to cosume for your pimples try eating the following:

Fruits:

Raspberries

Blueberries

Strawberries

Blackberries

Veggies:

Soy beans (edamame)

Parsley (salad..tabouli)

Broccoli

Spinach

Dark Chocolate (having 60% or more cocoa)

Almonds (plain..dont get the roasted kind or salted kind either)

Pumpkin seeds

Sunflower seeds

and always drink plenty of water!! and remember everything in moderation!

Those food are very healthy and great for skin. What about cashew raw? :) , they are healthy !

I agree , don't eat too much of it. Eat every 2 hours.

always drink water :)