Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vapour

any success with Tea tree oil for red marks?

has anyone had significant results on red marks by using tea tree oil? it's driving me crazy, i've been using it for about a month now, it gets rid of pimples in one night with no mark. but on the older red marks i can't tell if anything is happening... have any of you used tea tree oil and seen big changes?

YES! I have used it only a week, and my hyperpigmentation has basically vanished. I had many, MANY marks, and they are hardly visible, it's quite surreal. Although, my scars were fairly new, within the last 6 months. In fact, I had a brand new scar, well, scab and it is now the same colour as my natural skin. I used lemon juice prior to this, which seemed to work well, just not as fast. Maybe you should try this, as well? It does sting alot, but it is not damaging!

Good luck!

TTO doesn't seem to do much for red marks here, but I use it in conjunction with topical ibuprofen, and they usually disappear in just a few days.

i actually found lavender to be effective for red marks.

Lavender seems to have anti-inflammatory properties, but the wikipedia says that it apparently induces chromosomal abnormalities (possibly means it might generate skin cancer) as well as being an estrogen mimic.

There's probably safer things you could use.

What exact product do you guys use with Tea Tree Oil in it? I am having a hard time finding products. Where can I find it?

I've never found it works with water, tea tree oil floats on water. It mixes fine with face cream or oil though, or if you add a bit of soap or detergent.

I dissolve my pure TTO in a really good quality face cream by stirring it in with a clean knife. The correct ratio seems to be between 10 and 20:1 face cream:TTO by volume.

You can also buy commercial products, but they rarely list the concentration.

But I don't find it fades red marks that well though. You really want a stronger anti-inflammatory for that, or that's what I find.

TTO works great for zits, but it dries regular skin like nutso... I ONLY use it for actives. It's way too drying, I can't see how it would help with red marks.