Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cece3679

CeCe's Accutane Blog

Day 1 3/18/09

Ok, so today I got my prescription for Accutane, they gave me Claravis (whatever), and I am having mixed feelings. I am geeked about starting, especially since I went through so much to finally start. Thanks to IPledge and the women b4 me who messed up! Nevertheless, I start today and I am worried about being on this medicine all summer long, I do not want to look crazy in the summer.

I plan on sticking to the same regimen that has been working extremely well for me. That is using African Black Soap from Ghana, 100% all natural and 100% shea butter. Black soap is god sent (i am going to post some pictures of how I looked prior to it and now), I use the soap to wash my face day and night and then apply shea butter. The shea butter is oily so in the day I do not apply too much just enough, maybe pea size or less, to relieve dryness. Since these products are all natural, I am praying that they do not interfere with the accutane.

Stay Posted....I am hopping to start a vblog on youtube....

Ok so I am probably going to stop taking my one a day teen vitamin. Thanks Korbels!

Hey, CeCe! You can for sure keep in contact with us.

I have a log too, so keep an eye on that, and I'll keep an eye on yours. :)

Best of luck on this accutane journey. You are one day behind me, so we need to keep in touch. I would love to hear more about this black soap as well. <3

Yea, I bought the black soap on ebay, it is good for acne maintenance.

I promise to post my pictures this weekend, look for them on Saturday!

Day 3: Nothing yet! I did get a few small white heads that were unexpected but whatever.

Wow, incredible! I may have to get some black soap.

I just started accutane about 2 weeks ago. I'm on 40mg/day. Good luck on your course!

Hope everything is going well! Took a peek at your pictures and am really impressed with what the black soap did for you. You're gorgeous, acne or not! Keep on truckin!

Okay so its like DAY 12 or 13

I had a minor breakout with maybe one or two pimples that hurt badly. I can deal with this but what I cannot stand is clogged pores, the little white heads....they are literally everywhere. What should I do about these everybody because I really be wanted to scrub the mess out of my face until they disappear.

My lips are super dry and its really wierd walking around with super greasy lips, I use Aquaphor and Vaseline (family dollar brand). My mom actually has carmex and I used it this weekend and I am going to get some because I like the way it make my lips feel, because the feeling of dry lips SUCK! I actually like it a little when I have nothing on my lips.

Another thing is that I use shea butter, and my face is so dry that it eats that up and like 30 minutes, and shea butter is very oily.

Oh yeah, my scalp is really dry and itchy...so that SUCKS.

Overall, I am okay and dealing with the symtoms I am seeing. Hope it does not get worst.

Stay posted.....

Oh one more thing I almost forgot...do you guys get nausea??? I get nausea alot later and I think it is because of the "tane". Let me know.

Bye

I have not experienced nausea with Accutane. I would definitely mention that to my derm if I were you. Not that it's extremely serious, but you might be sensitive to the Accutane, and that's something they'll want to know when increasing your dosage.

Day 21

I am having an breakout, dont know when it started, though its not too bad. It mainly my fault because I have been trying to get rid of my prickly, whiteheads. Yal it so many of them, they are worst than the pimples and I have been feeling really sad, sorta about them. I am going to try to really dig through some of the other "tane" logs to see if people have experience the same thing and if they go away. I also want to know do your face stay dry to whole time you are on tane, anywho I will find out. These other logs be so intimidating b/c I don't wanna sit throught and read through all the posts.

I added vitamin E and C to my regimen, I do not know what I am expecting them to do but I hope it does something.

"I can see the finish line, it just not happening fast enough"

Stay tuned.....

Day 22

I decided I should be posting more and I still want to do a vblog on youtube. The problem is that is that I never did a video on youtube and I am afraid, though I have not tried, that it will be difficult and I dont have much time.

I have two ugly bumps above each eyebrow and then another under my mouth. Their is a cluster of bumbs by my mouth that is a result of me scrubbing. Dont Scrub! I know that but I did it anyway. My face is not too dry because of my shea butter moiseturizer. Um....I used a egg white mask to get rid of those nasty whiteheads. I also use a scrub on my lips, which is good for removing all that dry skin and make my lips smooth again. I started putting shea butter on my lips at night and I wake up with nice smooth lips that do not feel dry.

I noticed, since my nose is running alot, that there is a lil blood up there. This is because I hate a running nose and always keep tissue close by. Anywho, could this be the infamous nose bleed??? I would not call it one becuase blood did not come trickling down my nose. That sounds nasty but you get the point, it was not major.

I talk to my sister alot about what other people on "tane" is going through and I never really told her I am a member here. So she is alwasy like what friends (i call u guys my friends) are you talking about, lol. She thought I was making up this stuff and that I had imaginary friends, lol.

Anywho, I should clear up that I am taking vitamin C for my cold and E for my skin, hair, and nails. I also take Calcium for my bones and Biotin for my hair, skin, and nails. My calcium pill also includes Magnesium, Zinc, and Copper, which it says is good for your skin, hair, nails. I sure I can take these because they do not contain any vitamin A, but I will ask my Doc next time I see him.

Oh, I mentioned that I have a cold...I dont think the tane caused it. I think its just this horrible weather I am experiencing in Detroit, it had been warm and then it was cold and snowing again. Changes like that always make me sick.

I noticed you take 2 omega 3-6-9's a day, are you aware that fish oil has large amounts of vitamin a? I didn't know until yesterday, when a group in my class did a presentation on vitamin a (I'm about to start accutane in less than two weeks and I currently take a 3-6-9 also)

do you think we should quit taking the fish oil until off treatment?

How much is the "max" amount of vit a you can eat in one day anyways? I tried to look it up but couldn't find it anywhere and my nutrition teacher didn't know either. It seems like everything has it in it, and i was just wondering if you knew?

steph

Day 22

I decided I should be posting more and I still want to do a vblog on youtube. The problem is that is that I never did a video on youtube and I am afraid, though I have not tried, that it will be difficult and I dont have much time.

I have two ugly bumps above each eyebrow and then another under my mouth. Their is a cluster of bumbs by my mouth that is a result of me scrubbing. Dont Scrub! I know that but I did it anyway. My face is not too dry because of my shea butter moiseturizer. Um....I used a egg white mask to get rid of those nasty whiteheads. I also use a scrub on my lips, which is good for removing all that dry skin and make my lips smooth again. I started putting shea butter on my lips at night and I wake up with nice smooth lips that do not feel dry.

I noticed, since my nose is running alot, that there is a lil blood up there. This is because I hate a running nose and always keep tissue close by. Anywho, could this be the infamous nose bleed??? I would not call it one becuase blood did not come trickling down my nose. That sounds nasty but you get the point, it was not major.

I talk to my sister alot about what other people on "tane" is going through and I never really told her I am a member here. So she is alwasy like what friends (i call u guys my friends) are you talking about, lol. She thought I was making up this stuff and that I had imaginary friends, lol.

Anywho, I should clear up that I am taking vitamin C for my cold and E for my skin, hair, and nails. I also take Calcium for my bones and Biotin for my hair, skin, and nails. My calcium pill also includes Magnesium, Zinc, and Copper, which it says is good for your skin, hair, nails. I sure I can take these because they do not contain any vitamin A, but I will ask my Doc next time I see him.

Oh, I mentioned that I have a cold...I dont think the tane caused it. I think its just this horrible weather I am experiencing in Detroit, it had been warm and then it was cold and snowing again. Changes like that always make me sick.

Steph I really do not know about the fish oil, I did not know Vit A was in it. I go to the doctor Friday so I will ask him about it then and I will let you know.

Day 28

My face looks really, really good. Because I have no bumps in some areas I can really see how clear my face is, like scars are gone but that is thanks to my shea butter. My face is looking good and I feel good, I am not ready for that to change and I am hoping it wont.

I was having problems with tiny whiteheads but I pull/pulled those out with my egg white mask or my hands.

I go to the doctor Friday so I will let you guys know how that go.

I am trying to keep up but I have been working alot and super busy with work.

Stay Posted......

Oh, I am having some sort of pain that I am feeling in my spine or whatever it is that is connecting my head to my neck. It has been going on for two long so im thinking it might be the "tane" and not something else.

Oh, I am having some sort of pain that I am feeling in my spine or whatever it is that is connecting my head to my neck. It has been going on for two long so im thinking it might be the "tane" and not something else.

I also have had not as bad dry lips, because I apply a scrub....all easter weekend my lips felt good and I did not have to apply alot or barely anything.

Hi girlie,

The black soap looked like it truly did wonders for you. I used it when I was in high school and it did make my skin feel so soft. I am passing by Macy's to pick some up. I have been using Neutogena products and it's been okay but wonder what this soap would do.

I have a question for you about the lip scrubbing. When I do this about a day or so later my lips look bruised and feels even drier than before. By the third day they start to really peel. My lips never peeled before even while on 'tane except when I scrub. Does this happen to you? or maybe I am being to rough on my lips.

Carmelle, that funny that your lips does that because my lips are always smoother. I use a scrub and exfoliate (i prob spelled that wrong), i cant say that I am gentle but you could be too ruff since you said you feel bruised. The point of it for me is to get rid of the dry skin, which is what is really dry and chapped. So yeah you are prob ruff, I read some of your log about how you be picking your bumps, lol so I will not put it pass you, lol. But I cant talk b/c i get these tiny whiteheads that drive me insane and i literally will spend hours in the mirror trying to get them, they are so nasty.

Anyways, are you finish with the course? When did you finish?

Tomorrow I go to the doctor! Lets see what happens, we have to talk to b/c I have been reading some of these logs of people having side affects after accutane or acne coming back???? I dont know what it is but I dont want it to come back. Those anti-accutance people are pretty intense!

Hey CeCe!

Sorry to hear about your stiff neck! Mine lasted for about 3 days, and was truly annoying, but it did go away. Keep chuggin that water. What did ur derm say about it?

KEEP ME POSTED!

tBOOTH

He just said it was normal :-/

Day 31

I went to the derm today and he kept me at 40mg, which is fine. He said that I would probably stay on 40mg because of my weight (115). He said that they normally do not increase dosage except if I am bordor line to like 130, whatever. I dont care, 40mg is fine with me for 5 or 6 months.

Nothing too new, because a couple of new pimples but I am not complaining. Got me a new friend boy that I like alot.

Stay posted.....

Glad your appointment went smoothly. Yes, I used to pick alll the time but I don't really get actives anymore and I don't have any under the skin bumps. So, my picking days are over but definitely it was because I was too rough. I am gentler now and I am getting better results.

I am not finish with my course. Today makes it 3months so I am halfway through and I am also on 40mg. Can't wait to finish.

Day 37 or something like that

Ok, I suck...I never post

I had a break in my treament for like 6 days. This is because my derm has horrible hours that are not good for a working girl (me) and I am so busy with work, it took me forever to make it into the lab.

Anyways, update on my face...its not DRY, nor my Lips, whats up with this!!! Is everybody else that is near my point in their routine experiencing the same thing?? I have a couple of bumps that are not hurting (thank God) and not those white puss filled bumps. My pores are super huge but I am hoping this goes away.

Oh yeah, I am taking Sotret now instead of Claravis. The pharmacy guy said it didnt matter that I was switching b/c its all the same stuff. It was what they had, whatever.

Stay posted.....I have pictures that I will try to add sometime this week but I doubt if we see any major changes and I will post to let you guys (whoever is actually reading my log, lol) know I added them.