Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
=7=

Why don't guys just use makeup?

To the guys who are really depressed about their acne, why not try it? At least while it's healing. I can only see this not working if your acne is really bumpy and raised

Just a hunch, but since they probably haven't worn it before, they might be a little sheepish asking how to apply it since it's not the sort of thing guys usually do. Thanks to our current society that applies the "gay" label to almost anything unusual, they probably fear the ignorant masses thinking that applying something that colors your skin somehow makes a guy sexually attracted to other guys or means they must be looking to get a sex change.

Because it's a stereotype that any male who wears makeup consistently is queer. Of course that's false but that's the world we live in unfortunately. Stupid stereotypes.

I have the utmost respect for guys who don't care what others think when it comes to them wearing makeup. It's entirely possible to make concealer look hardly noticeable as well although from my experience you can never make concealer look 100 percent natural, there will always be someone who notices it and points it out. As long as it makes you feel better about yourself that's all that counts.

Because macho, steroid pumping homophobes will beat your ass down for being "gay".

Wearing make up is a sign of weakness, and of course the real tough guys don't get their strong reputation from fighting foes of equal or greater strength, not at all, they get it from mocking and attacking those who are smaller than them and less likely to fight back.

If you want to wear make up, then do so, just make sure you blend it in correctly and leave no shred of evidence.

If guys call you gay for wearing makeup, then they're just as gay for being able to notice if another guy is wearing makeup. Seriously, my friend was in a play once, and he had to wear makeup around his eyes for the play. I thought his face looked a little strange when he came back, but I didn't think too much of it. The only reason I knew he was wearing makeup was because he felt the need to point it out to me as soon as he could.

I wouldn't wear it because where I live, men aren't meant to care about there looks, and some woman like rugged looking men, with marks on there face.

Also the girls I hang around with can spot if someone is wearing foundation a mile away.

Because macho, steroid pumping homophobes will beat your ass down for being "gay".

Wearing make up is a sign of weakness, and of course the real tough guys don't get their strong reputation from fighting foes of equal or greater strength, not at all, they get it from mocking and attacking those who are smaller than them and less likely to fight back.

If you want to wear make up, then do so, just make sure you blend it in correctly and leave no shred of evidence.

This.

because your made fun of if you do that, more than if you just show your acne

sound typical, but its just the way this world is, life can be cruel

I think people here overlook gothics but haven't seen guys with makeups except some dude I saw going through transitioning mtf. But yea most guys don't wear makeups fearing they'll get their ass kicked, especially if you live in repulican majority states.

i always wanted to. but never done it. i want to know. who cares what people think they already think bad enough cause of my acne. so anyways guys concealers? the make up section is so big. wouldnt know what to buy? HELP?

i always wanted to. but never done it. i want to know. who cares what people think they already think bad enough cause of my acne. so anyways guys concealers? the make up section is so big. wouldnt know what to buy? HELP?

Exactly. Who cares. I personally wouldn't wear a concealer or make-up.

Leave the lies to the girls. :P

I used to wear makeup before in 11th grade but it was probably the most embarrassing momentSSS in my life. Why? Because I didn't know how to use it!

I would buy the really, REALLY dark liquid foundation. Then I would spot-apply it on my face. In the mirror, I always think it looks perfect. But then every time I go to school, I was completely unaware that it looks HORRIBLE and totally noticeable!

One lunch with my group of friends (8-10 of them), one of them said, "Hey, what's that dark stuff on your face? You put makeup huh? OOOOOH." GAH! So embarrassing. I stopped after that.

Hey! Some of our lies are darned sexy. :razz:

I went to a dermatologist once and asked for makeup to camouflage my scarring (which was very red back then). So I went there a couple of times and learned how to apply it. And for a while I was very happy with it because I thought it really worked very well, in terms of making the redness completely invisible from a distance. But it depended on the lighting if it looked good or not, I found out later.

It didn't take long before I stopped because I was ridiculed by many. Not for wearing makeup, but for thinking people didn't notice my scarring if I did so.

I can't recommend it.

Hey! Some of our lies are darned sexy. :razz:

Darned right! :wub:

Wouldn't recommend it. You can ALWAYS tell if someone is wearing makeup. I can also tell when girls are using concealer in the right light.

You won't get beat up or called gay. If done right, girls will throw themselves at you.

All men wear make-up in the movies and that always looks fine and unnoticable.

I reacon a tinted moisturiser is probably the best way to go.

i wouldnt feel gay if i wore make up....im fairly comfortable with my sexuality to wear make up......but its the fact that i let my skin get sooo bad to the point where i actually feel like i need to resort to make-up to hide my acne..thats why i wouldnt do it....plus covering up something that looks bad oftentimes makes the overall appearance worse.....ever try spraying cologne on a stinky dog?

i wouldnt feel gay if i wore make up....im fairly comfortable with my sexuality to wear make up......but its the fact that i let my skin get sooo bad to the point where i actually feel like i need to resort to make-up to hide my acne..thats why i wouldnt do it....plus covering up something that looks bad oftentimes makes the overall appearance worse.....ever try spraying cologne on a stinky dog?

See, even Tupac wouldn't mind to try it. All is good in the world.

I wouldn't wear it because where I live, men aren't meant to care about there looks, and some woman like rugged looking men, with marks on there face.

Also the girls I hang around with can spot if someone is wearing foundation a mile away.

THIS.

You would be surprised. It's true there are women who like rugged men, but the same goes for nice looking guys with makeup or without...if their skin is really good and smooth. It tends to be cuter girls that go for the latter too