Notifications
Clear all

how i cured my scars

MemberMember
(@bumbum)

Posted : 03/18/2009 10:15 pm

hello fellow acne sufferers, it's been a long time since I posted here. Last year i was still suffering from really bad acne scars. i had 4 rounds of Fraxel laser done and it didn;t do anything for my scars. Toward the end of 2008 i was really getting super depressed. Summer '08 was the most uneventful of my entire life, i was "social' just one time for the whole summer. By September, still with acne scars I was on the verge of suicide. I really honestly didn't want to go one living scarred with horrible acne for the rest of my life. It was ruining every aspect of my life and i felt trapped in a face that wasn't, mine yearning to escape.

i felt injections were the only solution. I tried silicone microdroplet injections, just once and they didn't do anything. I felt it was a last resort and I really started to get paniky and depressed. I mean shit, I thought to myself "if Brad Pitt has acne scars and he can't fix them with all his money and resources then there's no hope for any of us." Well i tried Perlane at the Dr.'s recommendation. It is a temporary solution, it's suppose to last 6-8 months but i find that it really lasts 3 months at max. Anyway, when she injected it into my face my scars practically disappeared instantly. I found a way to get it much cheaper online then what the Dr. was charging me and i've been doing that since last fall. I inject it myself and I'm much better at it than my Dr. was plus i was paying less than 1/3rd the price. When the scars start showing up I just inject a little bit for touch ups here and there, after making sure I STERILIZE the needle thoroughly with alcohol.

So now every 2-3 months I inject myself and my skin is almost scar free. Its a 80-90% improvement from how my skin was 6 months ago. I'm doing an internship in an office now, under bright florescent lights, you know the kind that makes acne scars look horrible, and i wouldn't be able to do it with out my injections. I recommend Perlane or any of the other injections for those suffering from bad acne scars who want instant treatment. OK I know what you're thinking: its temporary. OK so it is but if your not a little pussy and scared of needles like me you can do it. Think of it this way, I'd take any amount of pain to have good looking skin and I'm sure most of you would too. I'm going to keep doing this until better permanent treatments come out on the market. They make break-throughs every other month it seems.

My skin is not perfect, and it doesn't do much for ice pick scars but it can make rolling scars disappear.

***I highly recommend getting it done my a certified dermatologist FIRST, to see how they do it and THEN do it on yourself. Also if you do it on yourself make sure you sterilize the needle and your face/hands REALLY REALLY good. I don't want one of you to get an infection and really sick and then they ban the injections for people with out a license RUINING it for all of us!!!

To prove to you that I'm for real here are some before and after pics. I know they're not the best pics but I haven't had the chance to take really good ones because of how busy I am with work/school etc. I'd like to hear comments on what you all think.

post-76895-1237431583_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237431870_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237432090_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237432360_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237431583_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237431870_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237432090_thumb.jpg

post-76895-1237432360_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@saleena)

Posted : 03/18/2009 11:27 pm

Wow! My scars look almost identical to yours, except I think mine are a little worse. It looks like you have rolling scars, why didn't you try subsiscion? I hear that is great for rolling scars. In fact, I am going to get it done before summer.

MemberMember
(@rush)

Posted : 03/19/2009 8:30 am

Hey Bum Bum,

Thanks for sharing...

I feel the same way. But your scars not that bad... Especially for a guy...It's ok. Looks fine to me.

My case is really REALLY sad ... I had 4 Dexamethasone / steroid/ injections on my hip/butt area each time after my wisdom tooth extraxtion and 3 months later i developed deep dinted scar. It's a hole in my hip!!!! (((((((It's deep and big as an orange. And since those 3 injections were done on the same butt cheek, it's VERY large and deep.

Looks terrible. I am a 30 y/o girl . That scars is killing me. I feel like my life is ended.

I am trying self inject myself with simple saline. Done it first time week ago. Can't see improvment. It's soooooo deep to bone, i don't know if it will ever fill in. I am trying to have high protein diet too.

I wish it's just a bad dream.

Do u think Perline will work on such a deep depressed dint scar as mine.

thanks xoxo

MemberMember
(@jimhouse)

Posted : 03/19/2009 8:35 am

Very happy for you

You look a million dollars!

Im not sure how rush can say your scars arent that bad

I know how you must have felt but im glad thats all changed!

MemberMember
(@bumbum)

Posted : 03/21/2009 7:43 am

I tried subsisioning before, i had one round done with my Fraxel and it didn't do anything. It was either the treatment or my doctor. Who knows, but I dont recommend it. I've written posts about my lack of enthusiasm for lasers and dermabrasion. It works for some people, not me. I'm into injections because the effect is instant, but it's not permanent. They will get better in the future.

I guess i'm lucky my scars aren't THAT bad but to me I thought they were horrible. Depending on the lighting angle they could look really bad. I eat healthy now and hardly ever break out. I recommend you do it too.

MemberMember
(@jtremere)

Posted : 03/21/2009 10:41 pm

Your scars look kinda like mine. Mine look a minor compared to yours though. Ive been thinking injections too. Can you like me to a site on where I can order this stuff? Looks promising.

MemberMember
(@crzyakta)

Posted : 03/21/2009 11:42 pm

bumbum, I feel that a vitamin c serum and vitamin a as well can really flatten them out and at least give a smoother texture while you are using the serums for added benefit

My Jasons Naturals Hyper-C does just that, and very effectively...even helps calm oily skin down...I just massage it onto my face before bed

MemberMember
(@roboot44hotmail-com)

Posted : 03/22/2009 10:53 pm

hello fellow acne sufferers, it's been a long time since I posted here. Last year i was still suffering from really bad acne scars. i had 4 rounds of Fraxel laser done and it didn;t do anything for my scars. Toward the end of 2008 i was really getting super depressed. Summer '08 was the most uneventful of my entire life, i was "social' just one time for the whole summer. By September, still with acne scars I was on the verge of suicide. I really honestly didn't want to go one living scarred with horrible acne for the rest of my life. It was ruining every aspect of my life and i felt trapped in a face that wasn't, mine yearning to escape.

i felt injections were the only solution. I tried silicone microdroplet injections, just once and they didn't do anything. I felt it was a last resort and I really started to get paniky and depressed. I mean shit, I thought to myself "if Brad Pitt has acne scars and he can't fix them with all his money and resources then there's no hope for any of us." Well i tried Perlane at the Dr.'s recommendation. It is a temporary solution, it's suppose to last 6-8 months but i find that it really lasts 3 months at max. Anyway, when she injected it into my face my scars practically disappeared instantly. I found a way to get it much cheaper online then what the Dr. was charging me and i've been doing that since last fall. I inject it myself and I'm much better at it than my Dr. was plus i was paying less than 1/3rd the price. When the scars start showing up I just inject a little bit for touch ups here and there, after making sure I STERILIZE the needle thoroughly with alcohol.

So now every 2-3 months I inject myself and my skin is almost scar free. Its a 80-90% improvement from how my skin was 6 months ago. I'm doing an internship in an office now, under bright florescent lights, you know the kind that makes acne scars look horrible, and i wouldn't be able to do it with out my injections. I recommend Perlane or any of the other injections for those suffering from bad acne scars who want instant treatment. OK I know what you're thinking: its temporary. OK so it is but if your not a little pussy and scared of needles like me you can do it. Think of it this way, I'd take any amount of pain to have good looking skin and I'm sure most of you would too. I'm going to keep doing this until better permanent treatments come out on the market. They make break-throughs every other month it seems.

My skin is not perfect, and it doesn't do much for ice pick scars but it can make rolling scars disappear.

***I highly recommend getting it done my a certified dermatologist FIRST, to see how they do it and THEN do it on yourself. Also if you do it on yourself make sure you sterilize the needle and your face/hands REALLY REALLY good. I don't want one of you to get an infection and really sick and then they ban the injections for people with out a license RUINING it for all of us!!!

To prove to you that I'm for real here are some before and after pics. I know they're not the best pics but I haven't had the chance to take really good ones because of how busy I am with work/school etc. I'd like to hear comments on what you all think.

Dude, those results look awesome.

This is something i've been wanting to do for quite some time now. I got restylane injections done by my dermatologist back in June 08. I was happy with the results, and i'm sure that if i injected them myself i could have made them look even better. The only problem for me is that i can't get ahold of restylane or any other temporary filler from online pharmacies because i live in Canada. Otherwise, i would have gotten a hold of this stuff and be looking A LOT better.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 03/23/2009 1:33 pm

Thanks for the information. How much did you pay for your injection and how many scars were you able to inject for 1 syringe? Im planning to get restylane injection before Summer. Im happy for u!

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/23/2009 4:16 pm

Your results are really amazing. Thanks for sharing! I've considered doing this and this gives me the motivation I need. : )

MemberMember
(@tom1)

Posted : 03/23/2009 5:37 pm

looks great. every 3 months isnt bad either thats a rather long time to keep the results. thats only 4 times a year and if you think about it a year is pretty long. how comes you dont use restylane tho ive read that last 6 months? or does that not fill in as good as what you use?

MemberMember
(@davidst)

Posted : 04/16/2010 8:13 pm

bumping this topic.. seems very useful for ppl

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 04/17/2010 2:36 am

Thank you for the hope.

I'm going to get 2 laser treatments done for mine, and if that doesn't work... I know now where to turn to. I was thinking if laser didn't do it then I would probably end up suicidal, like I was when I first noticed my acne scarring. But this post has calmed me down.

But question... isn't all that injecting bad for your skin?

Also, you said you're eating healthy now. What are you doing/not doing?

Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@faky)

Posted : 04/17/2010 2:40 am

it would be nice if the thread creator actually replied to some people.

@rush , i'm sry for what happend to you : /

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 04/17/2010 3:43 am

I wonder that too... is injecting your skin with perlane/restylane 3/4 times a year bad for the skin in the long run?

MemberMember
(@davidst)

Posted : 04/17/2010 10:51 am

i wouldnt expect any more help from the guy who made this topic. he last logged in in august of last year

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/27/2011 7:08 pm

this thread deserves a bump

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 06/27/2011 11:22 pm

I guess if you want a temp solution. But not everyone is qualified, and that post title is misleading. 'Cured'

MemberMember
(@2001)

Posted : 06/28/2011 2:12 am

I like those kinds of scars. They look cool on male faces. Makes em look rough, lived and strong. I sorta wish I had that kind of scaring vs the kind I have. Olmos, Trejo, Fishburn all them have those kinds of scars and they are badasses.

Unfortunately these types of scars do not look cool on women. But if your a dude and you got these. Man they are macho, and they add character to your face.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/28/2011 7:21 am

I like those kinds of scars. They look cool on male faces. Makes em look rough, lived and strong. I sorta wish I had that kind of scaring vs the kind I have. Olmos, Trejo, Fishburn all them have those kinds of scars and they are badasses.

Unfortunately these types of scars do not look cool on women. But if your a dude and you got these. Man they are macho, and they add character to your face.

lol as macho as it may make us loook we dont want that kind of loook! we want NORMAL skin like everyone else in the ****** world! =)

MemberMember
(@sportsguy23)

Posted : 06/29/2011 8:29 pm

imho self injecting could be a slippery slope... almost an addiction.

I will end it like this... from your pics your scars are NOT that bad... trust me i can tell you have something that is made worse by your panicking.

maybe it was worse before your laser but the pics you showed you had some mild-moderate.

best of luck

MemberMember
(@unsure07)

Posted : 06/30/2011 1:21 am

I have the same scars but for some reason your scars look better.I know how you feel not wanting to go out etc with scars I feel the same way.but I was to go out and buy my food etc etc.I always feel everyones looking at my ugly scars and I just made a new scar last week since my derm wouldny see me .you look great man I wish you alot of luck.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 06/30/2011 1:36 am

I have been injecting my rolling scars with Restylane and It has made me feel MUCH better about my skin. It's amazing how much they improve, if only temporarily, and just one less thing I have to worry about. I'm just doing this until I can save and get subcision and other treatments done for my scars. It really was worth it for me.

MemberMember
(@crystalized)

Posted : 06/30/2011 10:28 pm

I have been injecting my rolling scars with Restylane and It has made me feel MUCH better about my skin. It's amazing how much they improve, if only temporarily, and just one less thing I have to worry about. I'm just doing this until I can save and get subcision and other treatments done for my scars. It really was worth it for me.

How long have the positive effects from the Restylane lasted for?

MemberMember
(@pepecruz)

Posted : 06/30/2011 11:27 pm

how many months does it last?