Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebignosebandit

Is B5 the Real Deal or Just Some Theoretical Bullsh*t?

OK i ordered my B5, im getting desperate here......but as i start, i question the reliability of the people who say B5 works.

since this isn't a thoroghly proven method yet, i'm curious to see how real this thing is, or just another "vitamin" theoritical idea that doesn't really work.....i know it helps produce enzymes to help metabolize fats, but IF you believe in B5 then that means you believe that diet has a direct connection with acne, and that i do not believe in.

feedback anyone?

After using B5 for maybe 6 months, i am beginning to think diet does have a strong connection. B5 has cleared me up substantially, but certainly not 100 percent clear like many people clame. I couldn't imagine a regimen without it. However, I notice that if I eat poorly (lots of refined carbs and stuff), my skin doesnt look or feel very good. Try B5, use 10 grams a day, and see how you feel/look. Give it at least 2 months though! Good luck.

Acne has a lot to do with metabolizing fats just like tbnb said. Which has to do with greasy food.

Carbs and high GI foods has to do with insulin spikes and inflammatory responses. I believe that diet is connected with acne...but moreso in the long term sense.

A healthy body = healthy skin. QED.

OK i ordered my B5, im getting desperate here......but as i start, i question the reliability of the people who say B5 works.

since this isn't a thoroghly proven method yet, i'm curious to see how real this thing is, or just another \"vitamin\" theoritical idea that doesn't really work.....i know it helps produce enzymes to help metabolize fats, but IF you believe in B5 then that means you believe that diet has a direct connection with acne, and that i do not believe in. 

feedback anyone?

people who change there diet because of acne are hurting themselves.....most avoid milk, meat, all dairy products, breads, and oily foods, the thing is, you guys are cutting out a lot of protein and calcium from your system, also fibers, its ridiculous........

as far as B5 goes, im highly skeptical. plus the regimen sucks, im currently taking ten grams a day, which is 20 capsules, which is a pain to do daily and very expensive.

im going on accutane.

people who change there diet because of acne are hurting themselves.....most avoid milk, meat, all dairy products, breads, and oily foods, the thing is, you guys are cutting out a lot of protein and calcium from your system, also fibers, its ridiculous........

as far as B5 goes, im highly skeptical. plus the regimen sucks, im currently taking ten grams a day, which is 20 capsules, which is a pain to do daily and very expensive.

im going on accutane.

I don't know if B5 works, from my experience the only brand of B5 that actually cleared me up was acnemiracle. Brands i've been through are evolution-x, trophical, and went i go off b5 for a day my skin becomes oily. I went back on accutane so im droping the amount of B5. However i don't know if diet is affected to acne according to me.

im going on accutane.

people who change there diet because of acne are hurting themselves.....

Guest Brandon

Shouldn't we be taking a B-complex too? I was looking at GNC's B-complex 50 pills and was wondering if I should get that to use with the B5.

Personally, I think B5 works well in conjunction with a good diet and regimen.

You don't know what you're talking about. Hopefully in the future doctors are gonna wake up and realize how stupid they've been during the last decades and all those who are kissing their asses now (and not clearing their skin ) will see the truth as well.

And just because they studied skin doesn't mean what they were taught was true just because "thurz n0 pr0oF y3t!11!!!!1"

well angelo ever person is 100% fucking different, thats why.

My theory is its not fatty foods and its actually has nothing to do with the actually food. I feel its monosaccharides like fruits, sugars, and other simple carbs which cause insulin to be released at a much higher rate which then somehow causes excessive sebum production. People have been saying chocolate causes them acne but I feel its the sugar in the chocolate cauing the problems. This is the cae with me personally. I mean some people have acne but don't even have oily skin. B5 is not gonna do anything for these people. I don't care what people like you say, I have personal proof that food causes me acne, despite what some flawed clinical expereiment 25 years ago found. Since everyones different it doesn't matter if 100 people tested don't have increased acne from eating a certain food, thers a million other people out there they are completely different from these people. Fuck dermatologist and doctors that advocate this bullshit.

you like reviving dead posts don't ya...

If you read the final statement I made, you would have seen that I know that everyone's different and diet affects some people. Just not nearly the amount as some would have you believe.

Well Im 17 and I took 10G B5 and changed my diet totallt for 2 Months. I tried to make myself think that it was making me better but it wasnt. It has actually ruined my skin. My skin seems to be unable to produce any moisture at all, and I constantly wake up scaly and that is still the effects from months ago. I like everyone else listened to the good stories but for me Its a definate no no.

When I used B5 it really worked, no B.S. I had to take it for about 6 wks befor it started working. In fact, I almost gave up on it around the 5th wk, thinking it wasn't going to work. I have minor acne now (after having major & moderate acne for many yrs), and B5 left me just about acne free. I also have extremely oily skin. So oily that I have to wash my face 4 or 5 times/day. The B5 greatly reduced the oilyness to the point where I needed to wash 2 times/day. However, these benefits lasted about 4 months or so, as the effects of B5 began to fade out.

Towards the end of the treatment it seemed like B5 wasn't doing anything, even though I was still taking high doses. I gave it a rest for few months, and perhaps I'll give it another try. All-in-all, I'd say my experience with B5 was very good.